I just installed Bromite and it seems pretty nice. Are there any downsides?

I just installed Bromite and it seems pretty nice. Are there any downsides?

Attached: bromite_logo_apkmirror.png (600x600, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/kiwibrowser
github.com/kiwibrowser/android/issues/12#issuecomment-435680878
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kiwi Browser is better, since it support extension so you can install uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, HTTPS Everywhere/Smart HTTPS.

Intrested also
I'm using ff with ublock
Why is this better?

I tried it, but no bottom toolbar was a dealbreaker so I went back to brave.

It's infinitely faster.

Proprietary browser with ad trackers embedded.

It's the best mobile browser. There are almost no downsides unless you have very specific needs.

You can enable it in about:config or whatever it's called in Chromium.

Attached: bruhmite.jpg (1080x2220, 352K)

No extensions.
Kiwi has some but it's sketchy as fuck and patches are binaries.
chrome://flags/ you mean? What settings did you pick?

Why don't you guys just use chrome? What's bad about it?
t.brainlet

Botnet as fuck. Get a VPN ad blocker and see all the connections it makes.
Actually, get an ad blocker and use it permanently lol personalDNSfilter is great. Tick all the autostart options and turn off battery saving for it.

>Proprietary browser with ad trackers embedded.
Doesn't seem like it to me. Also for:

Attached: 1566889415343.png (1023x1292, 560K)

If I can't build a fully functional copy of the browser, then it's not open source. I don't need funny rigged programs to audit for me, I can already see the soruce.

Uses a shit tonne of battery.

>Why is this better?
It's not, but it's faster because it's webview and not gecko.

You can't plug out a botnet.

Yeah, it's chrome flags. The settings are called "Chrome Duet" and "Chrome Duet Labels"
This is something you could have easily looked up on the web so please do that in the future instead of asking unneeded questions like this.

Attached: flags.jpg (1080x1639, 167K)

Yes, go to "chrome://flags" and then enable "duet"

Why would Iwaste time looking it up when an experienced user can just share the knowledge for 5 seconds.

I get that, but at least it doesn't have any trackers built-in. I hope to fuck someone else finds a way to integrate extensions as well.

Because it takes me a lot more time and effort to reply to you rather than you just googling "android chromium bottom bar" like I did originally. It takes more time for you to reply to me and wait for my reply too, you could have just googled "android chromium bottom bar" and be done with it. Spoonfeeding is bad for you, user. Don't try to rationalize your own lazyness.

Isn't Kiwi non-free? I can't seem to find any source and the homepage seems to be an XDA forum thread.

Most based Android browser. Tried everything else and I'm always going to go back to Bromite. The only downside is that Brave blocks popups much better, but it's pure botnet so who cares.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-27-12-17-55-787_org.bromite.bromite.jpg (1080x2248, 129K)

How do you know there isn't any trackers of its not fully free?
Mods in their threads there have threatened to ban anyone who keeps pushing about 'where's the source bruh'. Its a shady as fuck software.

github.com/kiwibrowser

github.com/kiwibrowser/android/issues/12#issuecomment-435680878

>faster
What under powered dinosaur device are you trying to use for FF to be detectably slow?

Not that user but for me, Firefox on Android sometimes takes 15-30s to load the first page I open after starting it. Works somewhat okay-ish afterwards, but page loads still have a significantly longer delay than Chrom*

My desktop, my laptop, and smartphone, all 2018 devices. Firefox has input delay and microstuttered scrolling. Font scaling is not a thing, either, and custom fonts are overridden by CSS.

This, Now Bromite is the best untumored chrome ever