Farewell sausage!

Farewell sausage!

Attached: rust.jpg (378x499, 49K)

redpill me on Rust
cut the wikipedia shit, I want the Jow Forums hot take

it's a relatively new programming language, so it's more popular with the younger generation
the younger generation is disproportionately transgender
something something rust makes you gay, also windows 2000 was a hell of an operating system

tranny sjw shit... you don't want to deal with those people using it.

Attached: rust.png (500x300, 18K)

enjoy sweetie

Attached: images.jpg (299x168, 6K)

In a nutshell:
>modern C++ with Haskell influence
>imperative but functional approach(everything is an expression, robust and easy to implement iterators)
>all sorts of great features like hygienic macros, token-level metaprogramming in Rust, UTF-8 by default, pattern matching, great build and dependency system, stdlib build around RAII, networking and threading in stdlib, robust type system, zero cost abstractions, tagged unions, etc
>rust characteristic feature are lifetime and ownership rules. They prevent whole classes of bugs like invalid pointers, data races etc, without any runtime cost. But it does make it more challenging to learn and use it
>it triggers Jow Forums

Sounds like a pretty reasonable language based on iterative development of earlier ideas. Might look into it.
[spoiler]Should I get the book in the OP or female hormones first?[/spoiler]

mozilla running it probably also has something to do with the userbase demographics

Rust is the true modern successor of C++. It's complex, it's non-trivial, it's unproductive offers flexibility if you really know the ins and outs of the language but the community is full of sjws which is why 4/eight chan hates it.

Attached: 1566782592157.png (3062x1098, 400K)

you start with the socks
kids these days...

I'll just wait until some non-gay language steals those features (if they are even features)

why are mentally ill communist attracted to Mozzarella?

mozilla is a prog ngo in addition to being a browser vendor

>ngo
So the trannies hate governments while simultaneously wanting to use government power to force people using their pronouns...

Cool those trannies. Where do I start learning Rust so I can hang out with them?

Attached: Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 09.42.11.png (520x102, 86K)

try learning english first

>Sounds like a pretty reasonable language based on iterative development of earlier ideas.
Probably best description of Rust I've seen so far.

>Should I get the book in the OP or female hormones first?
You might consider suicide first.

>I'll just wait until some non-gay language steals those features
Good luck.

>Cool those trannies. Where do I start learning Rust so I can hang out with them?
Join discord and don't worry, trannies are too retarded to learn Rust anyway.

Rust features actually are more than the sum of its parts: expression-orientation meshes well with sum-types and pattern matching,l, iterators compose with async/.await and ?, etc.
In contrast with sepples, in which every new feature clashes badly with old ones.

>Join discord and don't worry, trannies are too retarded to learn Rust anyway.
I am just fucking around mate. The only reason I would learn Rust is if I needed it (for a job or for my own projects).

Don't really care about "cool new features". It's not worth learning a new language for any of those points

rust is frankly awful to use, it just pays off once you're maintaining a major project

You also have to consider the learning curve. And employees, in the case you need to hire someone to help you out.

If it's truly that great, it will become widely used on its own. Nobody spammed typescript, yet here we are now. Everybody is using it instead of javascript.

>farewell sausage

Attached: pepedeadd.png (1200x909, 271K)

Rust trannies can only strawman their opponent's languages. Mozilla is the spyware king of the internet.

Meanwhile C++, C steams on.

>Mozilla is the spyware king of the internet.
t. gulag shill

>rust forces you to write maintainable code that your future self will appreciate
Seems like a pretty good idea to use it, then.

I calling me tranny? Post body.

Attached: 6F29D508-F254-4474-B439-346314FA02C3.jpg (2677x1450, 563K)

very slim.. could easily be tranny if you waxed your arms

It's always worth to learn a new language, as every new language and paradigm makes you into a better programmer.
But whatever floats your boat.

>rust is frankly awful to use
That's simply not true.
Get good.

>typescript
Systems language is a different league than webdev frameworks. You can rapidly develop tons of websites in different technologies using another framework for every projects and it won't be a big deal if something goes wrong. But when you find a problem that requires rust or C++, it's completely different kind of deal. Projects like that are way more critical, expensive, long living and very vulnerable to bad choices(architecture, technology, algorithms)

>+15%
>slim
shoo shoo, fatty

convoluted. invented to replace c++. but recent c++ standards made c++ good enough. now a hackernews/reddit/tranny meme language. people rewrite code for the sake of rewriting it in rust.

still no UTF-8 support in C++in clear sight

How is Rust convoluted?

makes me type unsafe every couple of lines to silence the compiler

It's not Rust that is convoluted, it's your code. Learn to program.

>makes me type unsafe
>"I-It's not that my code is unsafe and probably wrong, t-the compiler is just being mean!!"

Attached: 1564312348244.png (593x445, 105K)

There are a lot of similarities between Go and Rust, structs are minimalist, things like traits (interfaces), string and array slices. But the big difference is that Go embraces the garbage collector and Rust uses ownership and borrowing. So a variable really owns something in Rust and when you assign it, you can only assign it to one thing and that thing takes ownership. That sounds like a reasonable thing to do, because in any kind of programming related thing you only want on variable mutating at a time. This sounds like a good idea in isolation but I wonder how this scales to where you are allocating a lot of structs like in a GUI toolkit or game engine and constantly need to allocate and deallocate, Ive never seen any book that describes programming in the large with Rust so Im not sold on it yet.

>eight chan
Who?

>You might consider suicide first.
No, no. That usually happens after the hormone treatment and the surgery, not before.

Go is a managed crippled language for webdev. Rust is a performance oriented feature rich systems programming language. They are fundamentally different.

>how this scales to where you are allocating a lot of structs like in a GUI toolkit or game engine
It doesn't, Rust is not for GUI and games. It's for making renderers and game engines.

>constantly need to allocate and deallocate,
Use memory arenas.

>Go is a managed crippled language for webdev.
there is nothing crippled about Go, youre memeing, if you can give an exact example of what cripples Go Id like to hear it

its too bad because your other comments about Rust at least address facts and dont repeat meaningless memes

No generics. Very bad error handling.

those are bullshit meme excuses, you dont need (((generics))) in Go when you have interfaces and handling errors directly with error values is a superior way of handling errors in systems programming compared to exceptions

>GC
>pointers

Any Rust fag here? I'd like some feedback, I might not know all the filter rules :)
There's no mechanism to ensure if a struct implements all the methods of an interface. The closest thing you can do is var _ someType = someInterface{} which I don't think is a sign of good language design :)

>The rust mascot has hands designed to cut off dicks

Attached: D8g1sQbVsAA3j0J.png (650x686, 234K)

>There's no mechanism to ensure if a struct implements all the methods of an interface. The closest thing you can do is var _ someType = someInterface{} which I don't think is a sign of good language design :)
You dont want Go ensuring that a struct implements methods, its called decoupling> Its what makes Go such a good language because it doesnt drag around the baggage of tying behaviors to data which makes data more polymorphic. Once you tie methods to data then you end up with an explosion of method interfaces to try and deal with every possiblity of data that a method could take. Go throws all that in the garbage, with interfaces you are only thinking about behavior and any kind of type that implements that behavior works polymorphically. This is so much better than the endless bullshit of designing static classes that define their functions inside them. The fact that you OO idiots can see this is why you just mumble huur no generics over and over without even knowing what youre talking about.

>The fact that you OO idiots can see this
*cant

>Its what makes Go such a good language because it doesnt drag around the baggage of tying behaviors to data which makes data more polymorphic. Once you tie methods to data then you end up with an explosion of method interfaces to try and deal with every possiblity of data that a method could take.
??
If I want to tie an interface to a datatype, I better make sure I haven't forgotten to implement a method of an interface. Not sure how you call that a good thing :)

youre just making things more difficult for yourself for no good reason, data is data and should not be defined by behaviors, data is always changing and is always interfacing with new data. Having data hold a strict method interface simply cripples your data into a static one-trick-poney that needs huge refactoring and redesign as your program changes and takes on new data and behaviors. Its so simple, its so obvious, I cant believe how you OO people are tricked into believing that behaviors have to be declared inside a type. Even things like getters and setters are not needed in Go because Go is a module based language and is not stuck in a draconian type system.

Sometimes, when you need polymorphism, you do need to tie data with behaviors. And when you need it, Go is not there to help you ensure that you implemented an interface completely :(

On getters/setters, you simply make them public in Java, thus you don't need to implement them. Encapsulation exists in both Go and traditional OO languages like Java :)

You're not fit, Twink. Lift for more than 2 months before you start talking shit

Post mantits

> Very bad error handling.
Both Rust and Go have chosen to ignore exceptions and use errors as types. So error checking is type checking in both Go and Rust. Its a much more direct way of dealing with errors rather than trying to figure out what exception got you into a catch block.

Why every modern language tends to just copy random shit from functional languages and force it into an imperative paradigm?

Rust is still miles ahead of Go in that regard, since the ? operator lets you just implicitly return errors if they're returned, or short-circuit traversing into a data structure if one of the intermediate functions returns an error. Go forces you to copypaste the same error-checking boilerplate every single time.

Oops guys wrong pic, sorry lol

Attached: downloadfile-53.jpg (2000x1000, 368K)

But user, they're both new and I don't know them, and young people with bluetooth earphones use them.

Kek'd.

>young people with bluetooth earphones use them.
Which exactly Rust dev does this?

>copy random shit from functional languages and force it into an imperative paradigm?
what does that even mean

Ugly, convoluted, pajeet-tier syntax that makes C++ look like Python by comparison

>t. has never used Rust

>it's another "Rust syntax looks awful" post

>>The rust mascot has hands designed to cut off dicks
** snippety snap, you're a trap **

Deprecated by C++20

Borrow checker in C++ when

first of all its called circumcision and its a religious ceremony

g'ee 'I:`impl::: dont

Oh look. He is retarded.