Video Editors

Which one does Jow Forums use for making cat cuddling montages?

Attached: WMM XDD.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ffmpeg

was going to post this. I actually use it for cutting and splicing when that's all I'm doing. It's much easier for me than a point and grunt interface. It can do much more but it's hard so I don't.

Kdenlive. It's perfect for simple editing and then exporting of video clips. It's pretty impressive for an open source video editor to be so intuitive and stable.

Attached: download-slide.png (1057x595, 371K)

Vegas Pro

after effects

DaVinci Resolve (it's free and can linux)

AviSynth

final cut. cinelerra-gg on linux -- although it's extremely buggy (rolling release bullshit), it works well enough to make an assembly

Lightworks on Debian
It's restricted and not too powerful but I'm very used to the workflow and its comfy as heck

My nigga

Attached: 1540366306727.jpg (916x764, 109K)

Blender... pretty good video editor.

I even took the time to make this for myself

Attached: keyboard-layout.png (1262x371, 68K)

sony vegas pro 11

those editshare motherfuckers said it was gonna be open source years ago

>*crashes*

Blender. Works on any major system.

anything MLT-based seems to do that

I just wish I could export in more than 720p with the free license
Honestly if I had better hardware I'd just use Resolve but my GPU can't into OpenCL

And it ticks me off that I have to install a bunch of old ass libs manually for it to run but whatever. I like using it

this
i'd actually use lightworks over vegas if you could export 1080p 60fps

Vegas movie studio 13 platinum steam edition

Honestly lwks is perfect for my system
I used to struggle with Vegas and just had it crash over and over
Lost tons of progress a few years ago helping make our graduation video.

lwks runs perfectly fine on my i3 laptop as long as I'm not stupid with my video formats. I just ffmpeg my stuff into ProRes422 and I'm good

DaVinci Resolve.

>professional non-linear video editing software, color grading software, node-based VFX/compositing software and audio mixing software all in one
>free to download and use
>works on Linux
>advanced GPU acceleration

blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

Attached: davinci-resolve-16-edit.jpg (1440x968, 387K)

This. Not a huge learning curve from PPro, and free (beer) is always nice. It's a tad unstable, but you are of course in the habit of saving every few edits, right?

>works on Linux
I know DaVinci is good, the limiting factor for using it in my case is hardware but I've heard stories about it not being the easiest thing to install and get working on your average distro

Is that true?

>Not using superior DaVinci Resolve 16 free
>using AIDSDOBE Premiere Pro that crashes all day

TOP KEK

15 was very buggy and crashed a lot, is this fixed now?

Adobe premiere 2017 [spoiler]with a crack[/spoiler]

Resolve crashes, PPro crashes, Vegas crashes, Kden. NLEs are unreliable. Live with it.

Surprisingly I never really experience any crashes on Kdenlive. I don't know if it used to be more buggy before but since I started using it like a year sgo, pretty stable experience.

I guess it might crash using really resource intensive filters. I just mainly cut/combine/speed up clips.

Are you using an outdated ubuntu distro? all kde software work much better when you use latest versions of them.

Installs fine on Windows, don't know about Linux.

I mean that's a kinda redundant thing to say I suppose

Just you? Holy shit, Jow Forums is Jow Forumsone.

Nah, Arch year ago. It kept crashing randomly when I tried to do some path following animation or other things. I've moved to Blender and it works great.

nobody uses windows

Windows, JUST WORKZ

Attached: 1560120530850.jpg (1280x960, 178K)

i like the idea of blender with its extensibility. there are plugins that make it more pleasant to edit with. how do you deal with audio?

how do you concat without a file

Dunno. I only used it for basic effects, transitions, overlaying animated 3d scene on top of videos. I used audio on timeline just like videos without any problems.

I suppose so
I was just wondering about GNU/Linux given that it always comes up as a software argument
>b-but we have DaVinci
Just want to hear some honest experiences with it since I'd like to move to it from lwks once I get hardware capable of running it