Podcast consumption

how does Jow Forumsay consume podcasts?
I don't want to install itunes, so what is the best way on windows?

Attached: 1552017694611.png (459x140, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

antennapod.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I download the mp3 files from my rss reader

>my rss reader
which is?

Apple Podcasts. It’s the default app and works fine.

Gpodder

Attached: untitled (14).png (280x280, 50K)

pocket casts. it costs money. something like 5 on phone and another 15 on desktop. but if you listen to podcasts a lot its worth it. always synced up.

>using “consume” instead of “listen”
wow so this is what capitalism does to people

I need a new android podcast app I was using antennapod but it has become too cumbersome with the amount of podcasts I have subbed to. I was thinking about podcast addict but I don't know if there is something better

newsboat

RSS

Grover Podcasts, gpodder, or RSS

Pocket Casts since I'm on a phone with gapps installed anyway.
Antennapod if I'm on a phone without.
Never got used to listening to podcasts on a desktop though.

Just download the file and play it? What the fuck.

it's about getting the new stuff from all different podcasts without having to individually visit every single site all the time to see if there's something new out. are you retarded?

That's what RSS is for, dumb ass nigger.

that is why I ask people here what RSS reader they use, you inbred retard

>I don't want to install itunes, so what is the best way on windows?
you legit have less than 80 IQ

Attached: 1372326225204.jpg (421x512, 21K)

I use the Apple Podcast app despite it being shit and getting worse all the time. I really should switch to something else, but it has saved all my podcasts and what episodes I have/haven't listened to for +10 years...

PocketCasts WAS good before the UI update. It's fucked up what they did to it. I tried going back to BeyondPod which I used for a long time before the UI on that one got memed, but the devs on it fell for yet more memes while I wasn't using it so now they're both shit.
I might just use the podcast features on my music player at this point.

What's so messed up about the UI update? I got used to it pretty quick

the new UI is cancer. ugly, illogical, and the app now still lacks basic features the old one had (e.g. downloading new episodes in the background)

but it still, generally, just werks, and I can't be bothered to switch over to something else so I'm still using it

I feel like an ultra boomer, what is a podcast?

>the new UI is cancer. ugly, illogical,
t. boomer

it just werks bro

Get that, the old UI worked fine.
And now stuff is all over the place like your problem.
Did you try making a filter, see there is an auto download option hidden away in the filter options. Or is that not what you want

I use AntennaPod. It's on F-Droid. You can subscribe to podcasts, search iTunes for new stuff, get automatic downloads, you can set the speed. It supports chapters and shownotes, too. Very simple but it's got everything needed.

antennapod.org/

Attached: antennapod-logo.png (300x300, 41K)

It's an audio recording released periodically, like blog posts.
It confuses zoomers who don't know how to use RSS.

>RSS
DEAD AND BURIES

>gimped settings hidden away under 'Profile'
nigga please
Plus I liked the colors from before
Now every cast is standard black. Booooooooooooring.

in the old version, for the couple of daily podcasts I wanted it to auto download so it's ready to go at nighttime when I'm in bed and want to relax and drift off to sleep...
...it would download in the background, whether the apps was open or not. You could specify how often you wanted it to check for and download new episodes
>every 1 hour
>every 3 hours
>every 6 hours
>every 12 hours
>once a day

Now there are no such options. There is only selecting auto-download or not, and it doesn't work in the background, it only works once you enter the app.

I would have switched to this, but the thing I liked about Pocket Casts, were the big play controls.
Massive play/pause button, big forward and rewing buttons (although the new UI has made them somewhat smaller, fucking gay niggers)
But on AntennaPod, they're tiny, and the podcast picture takes up most of the screen. For what reason?

Oh yeah remember those options now. Probably happened since all the feeds go through their servers and they figure it lessens the load or something.
Not such a heavy podcast listener now, so could be excused for not missing some of the options.

I don't know what the fuck you're trying to say.
Even if your favorite podcaster doesn't publish RSS updates, you can still convert tweets or whatever zoomer tech shit to RSS with a web service.

It was pretty bad but it's okay now. The only thing I miss is playlists

>you can still convert tweets or whatever zoomer tech shit to RSS with a web service.
>having to fuck around with shit like this just because you're too autistic to use a podcast specific app/service
not everyone is an unemployed retard with too much time on their hand

I used to use a portable version of foobar2000 with an rss plugin, set specifically the way I wanted (save position on quit etc.). There's a bunch of players with rss integrated, I believe clementine, musicbee and VLC all have it.
If you only want an rss feed reader I use QuiteRSS.

I personally play them on my phone using Google Podcasts, generally using a bluetooth speaker.

Literally takes less time than installing your zoomer apps.
But do tell, which podcasts don't have RSS feeds?

>There is only selecting auto-download or not, and it doesn't work in the background, it only works once you enter the app.

What phone do you use? Even if the specific feature it's not there anymore, I just opened the app and the podcast set to auto download did it over night.

>Literally takes less time
are you retarded? having to scour twitter PER PODCAST to just use RSS instead of a podcast app/service is objectively a waste of time

Your "podcast app/service" uses RSS to get the podcasts.

b&r

fucking tech autists
>waaaaaaahhhhhh, why won't everyone else do things the hard way just like superior me, waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
get a job
hit the gym
have sex

not even memeing, there's more to life than tech autism
once you have a real life, you'll realize how difficult it is and embrace the things that make it easier
yeah, nespresso/pod coffee makers make shit coffee compared to a french press, and they're a ripoff but when you have a stressful job with long hours and tons of other stress AND KIDS and you have to get them ready for school in the mornings too etc etc, then yeah you fucking use a nespresso machine, you don't have time for artisan coffee autism
when you have to hurry and get the kids to school and then get to work yourself and you have a presentation to give and you're so fucking stressed about everything else and you haven't had more than 5-6 hours sleep in years and the kids are fighting in the bakc of the car and you live in a crappy city with awful morning traffic...
...you're damn right you choose an automatic car instead of manual
>HURR DURR DAT'S GAY, I DRIVE MANUAL LIKE INITIAL D, I'M SO FUCKIN LEET, FUCKIN NORMIES
isn't it ironic that the people most concerned about privacy are the ones without a life?
buy a house
have children
let's see if you have time to do all this tech fiddling and twiddling then

and even funnier is that lincels don't even actually want normies ot follow them, they just do say it to prove how superior they are to everyone else. even if normies were to do what the lincels told them to, then the lincels will abandon that because they no logner have anythign that makes them a special snowflake any more
>nah fuck that shit man, that's normie-tier garbage. this is what I do now: ......

get a life, losers

Moto X Play, on Android 7.1.1
It doesn't work, I've tried.
As a test I've set daily podcasts to autodownload but closed the app and not touched it for over 24 hours
Didn't autodownload them, only started downloading the backlog of apps once I opened the app again

I fuckign hate the new PocketCasts so much
>hurr durr we removed features so it's better now
fucking leddit onions cucks

>having a job
>having kids
>going to the gym
It just sounds like you made shit life choices and are trying really hard to cope with it, desu senpai

>using RSS is hard
>even though centralized RSS services exist, which means all you need to do is copy-paste a link, it literally can't get easier than that even with a "podcast app"

the absolute fucking state of this board

tl;dr

Shut the fuck up

i don't listen to podcasts

its like the laziest and shittest format imaginable and people think that just because 'podcasts' exist means that they can just shit out a 2 hour recording of them and their friends and get paid for "content"

ultimately there are better things to be doing with my time than listening to uninformed people talk about a list of stuff they didn't practice beforehand with an hour long schedule. if there was like, some semblance of professional delivery or conciseness or something beyond surface level gonzo bullshit then i might listen to them but otherwise they all seem to be a competition on how many viewers you can get while not actually doing anything productive or interesting

That format it shitty indeed but not the only out there. It's just the more popular. Some people like listening to a group of friends chat and play around.
>pic related

Attached: images-11.jpg (375x392, 19K)

sounds like you're just listening to shit podcasts, no different than only watching shit movies and saying movies as a whole are shit.

Show me one (1) non-shit podcast.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1200x630, 107K)

>pro wrestling podcast
This better be b8.

Podcast Addict is literally the only decent Android podcast app.

Prove me wron/g/

Pic related, if you like audio drama or Lovecraft.

Attached: cover-image-jxdcbage-copy_of_magnus_1400_compressed.jpg (3000x3000, 629K)

>I was thinking about podcast addict but I don't know if there is something better
There's nothing better.

feedbro