Times your PC was damaged by water or something else

>times your PC was damaged by water or something else
>what survived what didn't

for me, a flood submerged the pc but the cpu survived, ram too

Attached: 9Kw9iAv.jpg (639x626, 21K)

A can of beer broke in my backbag so my laptop swam in it for a while. Works fine with an external monitor, but the laptop's display is weird. Haven't been able to figure out what exactly is broken.

not to say that i would expose my pc to any unnecessary stress but water really doesn't damage pc parts if its not running and doesn't have any residual charge in the caps or anything like that

I got drunk and dropped a laptop in the tub. Took it all apart and laid it out to dry. Re-assembled and there wasn't a problem.

>keep the PC on a separate stand next to desk to get more desk space
>it's much lower and the roof of the case is at desk level
>the roof is all mesh, any spilled drink would easily travel all the way inside
am I just asking for it, anons?

Attached: 1485278989790.png (385x385, 178K)

Dropped a can of beans on my ThinkPad. The F11 key doesn't work, besides that everything seems to be alright.

A friend of mine bought a super $4000 PC after returning from a mission to the Congo, that must have been a quarter of what he made perhaps, not sure.
Dude was still living with this parents back then, one day while at work, the family decided to paint the house (interiors), and they ignore completely the wall the full desktop gaming tower was against, probably while on. Paint reached many of the electronics and computer was rendered completely useless.

it would start causing corrosion, the slow death of your components
yes ive lost pcs that way

a pc with a ...
dq67sw with an i5 2500, its psu (an epower 650w) was causing hdds to fail, and then eventually the mobo

keep your drinks on the other side of the desk. Or dont be a clumsy idiot.

i broke a mobo trying to put ram in

women i'm betting

i was working on parts, in the living room
my brother tends to wash his hands, then walk by me and flicks the water, he will always deny it and act lime im crazy, but one time the water he flicked landed on a running part and it died

That's a lot of damage

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 44K)

>Or dont be a clumsy idiot
To be fair I haven't actually broken anything yet so this has been my plan A

I have a laptop that has survived alcohol twice, some coffee and a car crash. It's got no keyboard, other hinge is corroded to shit and destroyed, and battery hasn't worked in many years, but its otherwise fully functional. Even the HDD has survived with just a couple bad sectors.

my precious emachines keyboard that served me well for 10 years ate shit when i spilled coffee all over it like a moron

spilled coffee onto desk and it dripped into pc case

fan splashed it everywhere, but it mostly just landed on my gpu. a good cleaning and i was back with nothing damaged.

i'm having trouble picturing how this happened

Destroyed one of my t430's USB by spilling instant noodles on it.

Sitting on the couch with my laptop, decide to open a bottle of beer with my Bic lighter (it was a nice Apricot flavoured one). Long story short, beer got on the keyboard and it has never worked properly again. Touchpad is fine, everything else works good, just the keyboard is fucked. I currently use it as a headless server and attach an external keyboard in the rare case I have to directly work with it (like when I try to install a meme distro on my desktop and I need to use the laptop to dd a different iso to a USB)

my ThinkPad T60, was walking back home from work around midnight, crackhead was getting too close and looked like he was about to attack so I swung it (in the bag) to his head and bolted
needless to say it was perfectly fine, but I didn't have a mechanical drive in it so that might have failed if I did
weird case but that's the only time I can think of where I almost broke an electronic thing of mine, I'm careful with my stuff