Some dude audited every browser first launch

Some dude audited every browser first launch
twitter.com/jonathansampson/status/1166005813548396549?s=19
Go grab some :corn:

Attached: 1566920275968.jpg (1080x2160, 627K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/bravesampson
Gab.com,
detectportal.firefox.com
mozilla.org
spyware.neocities.org/articles/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/chrome.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/opera.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/vivaldi.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/dissenter.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/ungoogled_chromium.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/icecat.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/iridium.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/palemoon.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>some dude
oh you mean brave employee jonathan sampson right twitter.com/bravesampson

Wtf
Busted already
Anyway it's a very interesting read

Why does Brave always shill here?

what about chromium? someone tweet at this fag and tell him to do chromium

do icecat next pls

>chrome calls less than firefox
LMAO

isn't it just because they have to use their own services on top of google's?

Did you even read the tweets?

cool

Mozilla truly is compromised

Mozilla doesn't give no fucks and calls whoever it wants, that's real bravery.
KHTML-like surfers just WISH they could phone that many shit.

but when spyware watchdog does it bravefags call it fud

>Back to Yandex though. Opera not only pings them, but informs them that I am setting up a new profile with Opera (via the referer header and query string). This header also goes to Facebook, Google, and hotjar. All of these now know that I am a fresh Opera user.
>Unlike Opera, Vivaldi doesn't inform others that I am a fresh user (via the Referer header).
>Dissenter informs Twitter, Font Awesome, Gab.com, Cloudflare, and Google that I am new Dissenter user. YouTube sets a couple cookies as a result: VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE and YSC. Unclear what these are. Gab also sets a cookie: __cfduid. Looks like a distinct ID.
firefox
>The first 5 requests were for detectportal.firefox.com over the HTTP protocol. These are meant to detect public networks, like that available at the coffee shop. If the response does not contain 'success', it's a good indicator you're on a portal.;A third "tiles.services.moz" call is made, with a different body. It contains a client_id. Along with it were a few other bits of data:
>Of all browsers I've reviewed recently, Firefox is one of the most active upon installation. I think it may be the only one to immediately collect telemetry data too.
>I would like to see them proxy calls to Google endpoints, and avoid the initial mozilla.org tab.
WEW
Apparently Vivaldi is the best browser, excluding Brave since obviously the guy is from Brave.

Nazi ceo shilling his shit browser to nazis.

And there we fucking have it for all the troglodytes complaining about Brave. There's really nothing to complain about either way, since it's the only Chromium based browser with ungoogled-Chromium patches applied that's updated frequently enough.

>but when spyware watchdog does it bravefags call it fud
Lolno. He's never done anything even close to this. He doesn't even understand what happened with Facebook and Twitter domains/scripts. There's no reason to trust whoever is behind that site.

And the shilled supposed privacy oriented Dissenter doesn't even auto update, identifies your browser on Twitter for some reason and is based on Chromium 75.

he does it for every browser here you dumb faggot: spyware.neocities.org/articles/

This. Eich is literally Hitler incarnate. Even his name sounds like Reich. And he now controls the Internet through his devilish invention - the JavaScript. Scary times we live in.

spyware.neocities.org/articles/chrome.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/opera.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/vivaldi.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/dissenter.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/ungoogled_chromium.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/icecat.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/iridium.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/palemoon.html

I just skimmed through the site and it seems as though he does, but he's made some questionable mistakes/errors in regards to some basic stuff. That's what bugged me out.

First of all:
And second - how do you "shill" an open source project which contains all ungoogled-Chromium patches as well as being updated more frequently than Ungoogled-Chromium itself (Inox browser, Iridium as well)? Not seeing where's the issue.
And for what it counts - there's a built-in Javascript blocker in a browser created by the man who also created Javascript. It's not that all Javascript is bad, but not every website with it falls under what LibreJS would give a green light to.

First you “shill” an open source browser with whatever patches applied until it reaches a certain market share, then you capitalize on the shitcoin you attached to your well intentioned browser while some unsuspecting anons are shilling your browser for free because of ideological reasons.

You couldn't have crammed in more buzzwords if you tried...
What's there even to say about this bullshit fantasy of yours?

That I don’t trust people?

Trying to get people to use BAT

sir, he is a good sir, and i am sorry for calling you a faggot sir, since you recognized the mistake you made.

TL;DR what's the least botnet browser then??

Google chrome logged in to google account with send do not track requests enabled.

Are you implying he is being deceitful? You could just do what he did with Brave and prove he is a liar, we'll wait.

icecat
seamonkey
otter
falkon
ungoogled chromium
iridium

>how do you "shill" an...
The same way you shill anything else dumbass, by telling lies and omitting truths. Like you just did in that butthurt novel you posted.

Attached: 1565890629256.png (350x250, 6K)

sub %1 marketshare browsers it is then. what about safari? I’m posting with safari rn.

Attached: 957D682F-D793-4F71-AC53-FB247CA44A8C.jpg (425x437, 24K)

I really wish they would fuck off.

Good. It's just that there's nothing to blindly trust in regards to open source software.

it's one of a few things that apple is still doing right, but it's lacking in a few features (webm support for instance), and its extension ecosystem is tiny. when i was a macboi i really liked camino and omniweb, but that was so long ago.

Yeah, fascinating... I see you're totally interested in discussing browser security instead of cramming in buzzwords and retarded logo edits.

I'll reword my question. What's the least botnet browser that's actually useable?

iridium (if you don't care about video playback on sites like hulu and netflix)

vivaldi (if you want video playback on sites like hulu and netflix)

firefox (if you don't mind mitigating it for a few minutes with user.js)

that website is like traveling back in time

I mean is it botnet like chrome/firefox or not?

forgot: google chrome (if you want the best website compatibility and don't mind enabling send do not track requests)

it's probably not as much OOTB, from what i've read, but i did ditch OS X for lignux years ago, so i can't be sure.

does ungoogled chromium still not auto update extensions?

>least botnet
>google chrome
what attracts newfags to this site in 2019? Go back to plebbit.

get normal chromium and open it once in a while to update extensions

>some dude
>working for brave
>shilling brave

Attached: 1536599986329.jpg (939x871, 100K)

Unironically Brave - all Jow Forums can say is muh shillin
Everything just werks
Iridium is second but barely gets updated so often gets security patches months after the fact

So as expected Trannyfox sucks balls. If you still recommend Trannyfox you should end your life right now.

>Brave is actually based
Jow Forums was wrong again and I hope 5 BAT will be placed into my account when I install it now

Just kill yourself with a rope already tranny

This

Time to be Brave, Jow Forums

Attached: 1513802952322.png (1280x720, 754K)

Shut up retard, you have no clue what you are talking about

>DNT
>anything but placebo
>so fucking garbage that some browsers are already removing it

>recommending Vivaldi

>recommending Firefox
Enjoy sending your DNS traffic to cloudfare and your in-browser advertisements of garbage TV series.

LMAO

So is Brave actually good?

This. We need chromium next. Google will owns 70% where it's almost impossible to do without it.

>5 BAT have been deposited into your Brave wallet

Yeah? And? So? What are you trying to say?

Brave is spyware. People are paid to shill it. Sometimes useful idiots join them.

>just use Firefox bro

Attached: IMG_1503.jpg (480x480, 25K)

>keeps posting the rants of some schizo who knows jackshit about security

>implying anyone respects do-not-track requests

How do you explain this much more recent audit then, huh mister arbiter of opinions? Huh?