OK, so Linus admitted to owning a fuckton of AMD stock...

OK, so Linus admitted to owning a fuckton of AMD stock, which makes him a paid shill in the most literal sense (he literally profits from favorable reviews).

So how the fuck is he still relevant as a tech reviewer at this point?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/linustech/status/1133379298507624448?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>implying linus actually makes any sort of noticeable difference in AMD sales
>watching linus at all

Because the stock market is not influenced by what some Canadian tech YouTuber says

Isn't his shill status known since forever?

Good fuck Intel. FBI fuckboys aint arresting me.

>relevant
>tech reviewer

>relevant tech reviewer
Implying he ever was, he’s always been a sheckle whore

AMD stock..hmm im not sure about it.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 27K)

>Linus admitted to owning a fuckton of AMD stock
sauce?

They have been sponsoring him for a while I think

I think he actually admitted the opposite.

Which actually makes him dumber, so whatever.

>watching lanus ever
>watching or believing any jewtuber
>still gayman in this day and age of shitty gaymz
>being a neckbeard in mommy's basement
>permavirgin losers
>fags that need to kill themselves

That's not true at all. Linus has a huge following and gets access to exclusive events. If you think repeating info about a new processor 2 months before it releases showing it in a favorable manner isn't going to affect sales and stock prices you're wrong.

AMD isn't the same as dogecoin.

>OK, so Linus admitted to owning a fuckton of AMD stock
Proofs?

He'll find a way to weasel out by claiming that he did a ton of sponsored videos for Intel and will double down on the fact that he's running a "real company" now and nobody cared when he owned Nvidia stocks years ago.

Linus is just a whore for the highest bidder, the real AMD shills are Hardware Unboxed and Adored TV.

Moar Linus Threads!!

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Come post you theories on Jow Forums so that I can laugh at you properly.

Owning stock, that you buy with your own money, is not being a paid shill. You children are so fucking stupid its comical.
Grow up and learn to invest, poorfag NEET scum.

Owning stock and using your public influence to help said company without making that stock ownership clear is, however.

I own about 50 shares in AMD, bought them at $10 each. Made a tidy little profit, was thinking of build a new system with it but decided to buy a clapped out KDX200 instead.

If he's a tech reviewer and he owns stocks from tech companies its an obvious conflict of interest no matter what.

You're basically a shill for that company and no amount of mental gymnastics will change that.

The other tech reviewers don't own stocks from Intel, AMD and Nvidia; even the more reputable tech publications.

>Positive press on a product doesn't affect stocks

Kill yourself faggot. Nobody on biz likes stock conspiracy theories about super deep 8D chess stock trading.

You're an infantile spastic who can't form anything resembling a singular rational coherent train of thought.
Owning stock is not a conflict of interest. This yellow fever fag probably owns intel and nvidia stock as well. He probably has broadcom stock, and every other safe bet tech stock on the market.

Buying stock in a company is not equivalent to taking bribes. Fucking NEET retard.

Isn't this illegal? For example, when people on Instagram advertise some bullshit they're forced to say "I was paid to do this" or something

It isn't illegal, the FTC only has vague guidelines on disclosures for endorsements in advertising.
Owning stock in a company is not the same as receiving compensation for endorsing that company's products. AMD sending you free gear, clothing, hardware, money in exchange for a review is something you'd want to disclose in order to comply with these guidelines. Endorsement is active, not passive. Just writing about/making videos about a company and its products when you own their stock is not being endorsed by them and doesn't need to be disclosed.
And these are only FTC guidelines, not actual law.

>so Linus admitted to owning a fuckton of AMD stock
Sauce? He even made a video where he said "I wish I had AMD stock right now because I'd make a mint but I can't because that would be a conflict of interest."

Attached: proofs.png (382x491, 124K)

Source? Since he just recently insured that he does not own any tech stock.
The only time he joked about buying AMD stock was at 3000 series release, but he said afterwards that he won't.

Another shitty LARP thread, full of idiots who are too stupid to look things up.

twitter.com/linustech/status/1133379298507624448?lang=en

I love threads like these, imagine hating some fucktard retard online so much that you make shit up about them just to feel better and then circlejerk with other retards about it.
No bump or (You) from me.

Attached: retard.png (405x452, 189K)

Hey Linus, how many punk motherfuckers have you clowned today?

>OK, so Linus admitted to owning a fuckton of AMD stock
where?

You guys are all holding until at least $40 right? God I wish I knew about these investing apps when AMD was $2.

Attached: Screenshot_20190827-221234.png (1440x2560, 149K)

if this is true, Linus has zero ethics as a journalist

Doesn't he very specifically say that he USED to own the AMD stock, and no longer owns any tech stocks to avoid conflict of interest IE. the exact thing this thread is bitching about.

also for anyone saying otherwise this would 100% be illegal and it is the type of thing that would be/is enforced.

His name is Linus though, he practically created Linux.

>it is illegal to own stocks
not really

Well if he said it it must be true.

Its unethical not to disclose and may be a crime depending on the country

What about the fact that he was sponsored by Intel for years?
He is a shill alright, but a shill for both. You are a retard if you dont realise that

how can one man be so based

Yeap, this guy seems really smart. I would certainly believe everything he says

This. He said that he WOULD have bought amazon stock, or that he would if he wasn't doing what he does at the moment. He also stated that he's in absolutely no place to give stock suggestions.

You lied to trigger people on Jow Forums lmao

>Come post you theories on Jow Forums so that I can laugh at you properly
Don't you have crypto to speculate with or something?

imagine being tech journalist not buying amd stock at $2

How can we take this people opinion seriously if they can do simple thing

>legally owning part of a corporation and then using your status as a tech reviewer to favor that corporation's products is no conflict of interest

not that user but you should shut the fuck up

The tactic still works because people are willing to believe baseless rumors about someone they either mildly dislike or don't care about at all. Twitter basically thrives on this mentality.