What does Jow Forums think about Otter browser?

What does Jow Forums think about Otter browser?

Attached: 1536309974724.png (1200x1200, 549K)

Other urls found in this thread:

launchpad.net/ubuntu/ ppas?name_filter=fsearch)
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/list_of_applications
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's a welcome change to see that logo rather than chrome / chromium / brave. i suggest you use it and shill the fuck out of it here because it's actually solid foss beta software. i wouldn't use it as a daily for another few months at-least, but it's getting better steadily.

no thanks, i'll choose an otter browser

thanks for the valuable contribution, reddit

Attached: Awesome_by_Pimpypants.png (473x349, 84K)

needs a vim mode

wait wtf i didn't realise this is a thing lol, brb changing to this

Last I checked it had some compatibility issues. I do like the project seeing as Opera and Vivaldi have gone full utorrent style botnet in the past five years. If it were to ever become more competitive I'd consider using it as a daily but until that point I'll stick with palemoon

this is accurate about opera, but not about vivaldi. even a representative of brave (vivaldi's main competitor for that sweet 0.07 percent market share) recently said it's the cleanest browser he's tried on windows.

Was following it when it got released. Was slow updates and still ugly as fuck

It's useful on Haiku because WebPositive doesn't have ad blocking yet. Once it does, byebye.

ok i tried it, seems nice but i fucked it up right away lol, i set the qt theme to something other than system theme and it crashed and it keeps crashing everytime i try to launch it, where i can find the conf files?

>i set the qt theme to something other than system theme and it crashed and it keeps crashing everytime i try to launch it, where i can find the conf files

open terminal:
sudo updatedb
locate otter

where i can find more about this "updatedb" command? i have never heard of it and had to install mlocate but idk how to use updatedb

nvm i forgot that man pages exists :D

updatedb just updates the locate database. see man locate or man updatebd.

yep that works, thank you so much bro if only i had heard about this command earlier

YOU HAVE TWO CHOICES.
A RESKIN OF BLINK.
OR A RESKIN OF GECKO.

>remotely care about botnet
>windows

it's very useful. also look at fsearch (if you're on mint or ubuntu look here: launchpad.net/ubuntu/ ppas?name_filter=fsearch) which is a great replacement for everything search for linux users coming from windows. otherwise locate/mlocate is fine, and a decent UI for it is catfish.

Lol, caring about privacy/telemetry while choosing a browser and using Windows is like caring about hygiene and cleanliness when choosing a toothbrush while swimming in shit.
These people are delusional.

was just paraphrasing the recent shit form that simpson dude who works for brave. he only did his testing on windows. i'm a dedicated gnufaggot and only boot into win7 to play the civilization games once or twice a month.

But civ 4 works fine with wine and 5 and 6 have linux lients.

i don't like windows executables touching my lignux installs, even via wine (and i have one OS per drive), so 3 and 4 i only play on windows. i have the steam flatpak installed under lignux just for civ5, but some of the mods i like playing with choke on lignux, unfortunately.

>i set the qt theme to something other than system theme and it crashed and it keeps crashing everytime i try to launch it,
so this... is the power... of free software

nice! these programs should be recommend more in lists like wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/list_of_applications not shit like browsers. i'm using arch but there's an fsearch aur package thankfully

uhh it was partially my fault because the theme i used was a broken theme i got somewhere lol.
but i can't deny that FOSS don't have shit like this

once you use it, fsearch becomes indispensable. just make sure to exclude anything you don't want it indexing in the preferences.

Official /a/ browser

I want to fuck that otter

I want to fuck that Otter from Zootopia.

get a normal browser, incel

I prefer Kappa Browser.

Needs more leenucs support. Crashes too much. I stopped using it until a big update

is good