/hpg/ - Headphone General

Audiopedophile edition

What audiophile memes have you fallen for this week, Jow Forums?

post requests in this format if you want useful recommendations
>budget
>location
>open/closed
>past headphones
>sound preferences
>intended use

Attached: 1528986335071.jpg (620x969, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/323839108594
youtube.com/watch?v=wx6_MWVHZ4g
complyfoam.com/products/tgs-truegrip-pro-for-samsung-galaxy-buds/
mouser.com/ProductDetail/HUBER+SUHNER/82_MMCX-S50-0-2-111_KG?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsB9HsreUc%2BiXKS6BSNACONzOKewL%2B0aUI=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can you stop with the shotas pics?

what's the most chad headphone?

Hooni isn't a shota. He's a manlet.

no headphones at all blasting the new Tool album from your 180$ chink phone

It stills gay.

Is this a valid replacement for a headphone plug?

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/323839108594

I just went back to listen to my old HD598. Gosh, they really do sound almost bloated or like air pressure is off or something.

Don't repeat my mistake.

Attached: monk_drop.png (463x737, 57K)

What are you comparing them against?

No direct comparisons. I just put them on and listened. But I do tend to listen to more neutral signatures.

ThieAudio Phantom, are they good or just another meme? Should I risk it?

Attached: ChinkPlanarMemes.jpg (996x996, 64K)

ve monk, meme why ?

I was more after what headphones you've used since. They must be considerably better for you to be able to spot the difference. I'm waiting on a pair of HD58x myself.

My budget is around $70 and I'm looking at the sennheiser hd400s and the Philip's shd9500. Are either of them good? Any suggestions?

I mean, I've used a lot since then. But when I got it for like $100, it was really good. Not sure about the HD58x, I haven't tried that one before. I think you'll probably be fine though as other (more expensive) Sennheisers I have tried before weren't as bad as the HD598, at least from what I remember.

Yeah I'm pretty optimistic about it. I've never tried HD598 myself but I've heard so many negative comments about it I think it's weird that Sennheiser can't make a decent mid-fi headphone.

So my dt 990 pro right driver just died. Has anyone replaced their headphone's drivers with some quality chink ones?

My rec would be HD 681 evo by superlux. Great separation and clarity, especially for the price, but requires EQing unless you wanna rape your ears by treble or are into that sort of thing. SHP9500 can be grainy and doesn't have a lot of bass, and nobody uses HD400.

44.1 or higher?

fuck off femcunt

How many time did it last?

Went on a flight borrowing some old half-busted noise cancelling phones and need to find a pair for my next one. Can't fly without them now.

>budget
Pref below 200 quid
>location
Airplanes
>past headphones
Phillips shn9500
>sound preferences
Literally do not care about sound quality, i use 5 dollar sony earbuds on a day to day basis without any care.
>intended use
Need to have something that does the job with airplane humming/engine/cabin low noise. Without breaking the bank with high music quality because i don't need it and don't care.

Anyone know any alternatives that do the job?

Attached: D06p4kzXgAAzhjh.jpg (1115x1200, 97K)

>Doesn't like cute gay boys
>>>Jow Forums

>you're either gay or Jow Forums

>>>>Jow Forums
Can't even redirect properly? newshit? here let me help you out

No reason to go above 44.1khz / 16bit
If you use too high res audio it will actually warp the analog sound produced from your cans.

Go do a hearing test and see if you can hear in the 18+khz range and tell me if those frequencies are audible to you, if they aren't then no use wasting time. 44.1 / 16 will have most songs at a resolution of 0 - 23khz thats more than enough to cover the entire audible range and then some.

Best bluetooth buds

Attached: IMG_20190804_172112.jpg (574x574, 58K)

At least they are built better than m1060/c. whoever was recommending these here go back to watching the audio goblin

Attached: idk.png (562x606, 292K)

can anyone help? just got my hd6xx's
when i plug them into my amp or sound card they sound great but the vocals and highs are more noticeable from the left side and the bass and lows more on the right side. ive swapped the left and right cables and it does change where what sounds come from where, but when i plug them into my phone, they sound pretty well and both sides play equal sounds. is there something wrong with the drivers when played through an amp? or what could it be? thanks in advance

Attached: gdqqa4wesge31.png (3840x2160, 3.02M)

Can someone give me the rundown on the aeon flow closed, ether cx and ether flow c 1.1?

Is the 700-800$ worth it between the aeon or cx and the 1.1? Source is rme adi 2 dac + thx 789

I bought the HD58x as a replacement for my HD598s, partly because of what I've seen in these generals. Thanks for nothing you fucks. The upper bass and lower mids drown out everything else. And if I'm watching something the muffled voices barely even sound like voices.

Did you try your amp+sound card with another headphones?

Surely they can't be that bad? Could it be a defective model, or are you used to treble-heavy headphones, or is your amp really bad?

Only thing that comes to mind - are you sure you plugged the cable all way in?

Alright I exaggerated but they aren't good for female voices and anime lolis. In music female voices get drowned out. And no I'm not using an amp

What are you running them off of?

It _might_ be that a proper amp could fix it, but I hear they should work fine without. Then again unless your sources really suck.

Are you sure you aren't just looking for more treble? You can add EQ if that's it

Are the Fidelio X2HR/00 a good replacement for the HD 598SE? How comfortable they are?

They did. HD600, to name one.

>$ 399.95
>requiring an amp
>mid-fi

>paying $399 for an hd600
and yes, that is mid-fi. $200 to $800, about, and generally requiring an amp.

First for SUMMIT FI

Attached: 6B450E56-10DB-4A44-A320-365E780B6E61.jpg (2711x3676, 1.75M)

best entry-level over-ears in the £150 range?

BLUF: Need headphones good for sound production and travel (BT, ANC, usable interface)
>budget
$350
>location
USA
>open/closed
Closed
>past headphones
Bose on-ear
>sound preferences
ANC
>intended use
Gift for my brokebro. He's trying to make music but he uses his Bose workout earphones. He could do for an upgrade. He also does some travelling, so I'd like it if he could use it for that purpose, so wireless, ANC, and (a feature I'm having trouble finding out more about) an automatic pause/play when taking off headphones/putting them on (this can be mitigated by some other easy to use and intuitive pause/play feature.
Examples so far that seem to fit my purpose:
- Microsoft Surface BT ANC - Great interface but the sound quality would probably not work for music production.
- Sennheiser PXC 550 - was the top pick for Chase Reeves, so it's no sound slouch, and has the auto pause feature as long as you configure it. Con is it's pretty old and I'm not sure if an update is coming soon.

Any suggestions that would meet this use case?

Attached: 73237-anime_girls-headphones-original_characters.jpg (1200x857, 121K)

>budget
>location
loud campus/public

>open/closed
closed, pref. active noise cancelling
>past headphones
Sennheiser HD598SE, Sennheiser HD650, HiFi 4xxs, Sennheiser PXC 550

>sound preferences
neutral response but with an emphasis on wider/louder bass

>intended use
I need something to walk around campus with that won't bleed a ton of sound and will actually cancel ambient noise or drown it out. My PXC 550s were.. fine? but the cups were small and hurt my hears, and I don't need the bluetooth/headphone part.

budget 350$ oops

550s are really nice but my one warning would be they don't stay on your head very well (or at least they don't stay on mine super well).

IEMs?

I want to avoid IEMs if possible just because I'm not really huge on sticking things in my ears but if there are some really nice ones to recommend I'm not opposed. I was looking at the Sony WH-1000XM3s, they seem to be reviewed popularly

Just bought a DT-990 tell me how much I fucked up because I can't form my own opinions.

They're fine. The pads are really comfy. The pros are better just for the nicer headband and the coiled cable though.

Since /iemg/ is dead again, I might as well ask here:
Anyone else had a problem with their IEMs where it sounds like it's clipping, but only on low volumes? Like a grainy sound, not sure if it's distortion or what. I am driving a pair of Tanchjim Oxygens through my phone, if that matters.

Attached: HEAVY_METAL_STOPS.png (540x718, 287K)

You can probably get something good a lot cheaper though, especially if you don't need wireless.

Yeah, I just don't know enough

I fell for the massdrop sennheiser 6xx meme. How bad did I fuck up? I also bought the fake leather ear pads.

all the reviews I'm looking out are pushing wireless/bluetooth super hard, so I can't find anything useful. I just want insane noise cancelling + good bass response.

Should've skipped the ear pads, since they don't make them sound any better. IMHO, it's a great package you shouldn't mess with. Have you got an amp?

Can't really help much, but how about some staple like DT 770?

I got the ear pads for comfort, not so much for sound quality. I did get an amp.

Sure. I find the stock pads pretty comfortable.
Have you tried any of the Sennheisers yourself?
Anyway, it's a solid headphone. My only complaint with it is that it's a too mid forward for my liking, but they are great, specially for their price. You'd need to spend 3x to see real gains

Maybe, but closed design doesn't auite have the same noise isolating quality that ANC does, which a lot bleeds through in like a university food court.

I’ve had some 280 pros from years and years ago still kicking and I never really wanted to get anything else because I liked them a ton. I gave them away and got some ATH-m50x headphones that I didn’t really care for and wanted to go back to sennheisers. user in a previous thread suggested the 6XX headphones and I was curious about “open” headphones since I don’t really wear headphones in public or anything and don’t give a shit if someone near me hears “ID RATHER DRINK THAN FUCK” blaring from my headphones.

I'm a Revonext nigga in a KXXS world...

>he wastes time in the shower by washing his legs

can't relate desu

So, a word of advice: using open backs anywhere that isn't indoors really sucks. You'll hear everything around you as well, no isolation whatsoever. They are also big, and will not fit nicely on a bag or something.
So, sorry if I'm sounding repetitive and you've already know that.

>open headphones are open

incredible

i prefer open when im out because i can talk to people without having to take the damn thing off. i never play music more than 25% volume too, so it doesnt leak much; quieter than some fuck with a closed pair or in-ears playing at max volume

Amazing, I know.

Attached: FC086953-C595-449B-B729-F30ED0DB77A3.jpg (663x1035, 502K)

insecure

retarded

Going to buy some Logitech G635 after my G430 broke (plastic covers holds them together). Only caring about 7.1 and compatibility with pc/ps4
Is it a good upgrade?
I don't know shit about audio but the G430 were astonishing for me

yeah you are

>I don't know shit about audio
clearly

I don’t use headphones outdoors. I only use them in my den in illicit sin.

I have focal clear and 650 modded, and soekris dac1541 for amping, guess which is better

Attached: ar.jpg (866x1000, 89K)

Hey hey user, whatre listening with?

Attached: EF492F67-A33F-482B-ADB1-2187963C9AAF.jpg (3024x2731, 1.81M)

youtube.com/watch?v=wx6_MWVHZ4g

Is that a joke?

Attached: madotsukihadenoughshegonnapukeonnewfags.jpg (680x680, 85K)

Every hand’s a winner
And every hand’s a loser
And the best that you can hope for
Is to die in your sleep

please reply
>budget
>open/closed
closed
>past headphones
Hyper X Cloud Pro
>sound preferences
some bass
>intended use
long calls, some gaming

Not strictly a headphone question but audio related and it feels dumb to create a new thread for it.

How much of a difference does using a digital volume control (eg. Windows volume) instead of a real analog volume controller?

My current speakers have no easy to access volume knobs of their own so either I will have to rely on digital volume control or get an analog one to hook up to my speaker cables.

It is my understand that digital volume control causes a loss in bit depth when running at low volume.

Attached: 1535781970578.png (459x612, 100K)

What is the android equivalent of airpods? I'm looking for a small discrete pair of blutooth earbuds to use while doing janitorial work. I will not buy airpods because I use USB-C not "Lightning" and refuse to buy a new power cord just for my ear buds.

Attached: 515649-apple-airpods-inline-2.jpg (740x493, 29K)

Recommendations on a decent amp pairing for he400i?

Also, no "in-ear" ear buds. I can't stand sticking the rubber nub inside my ear canal, its painful and makes crinkly tissue paper noise.

>It is my understand that digital volume control causes a loss in bit depth when running at low volume.
True but audible degradation for 16bit output starts at -24db or below 20% on a windows volume slider.

Your pc

why does this shit all over other chinkfi and even ifi portables?

Attached: FiiO-Q5-4-1068x712.jpg (1068x712, 68K)

So, if I have as a general guideline to setup the static volume level on my actual speakers so that I can comfortably keep my digital volume control in the range of 20% - 100% at all times there should be no discernible degradation of audio quality?

What's the sound like on this? It looks extremely similar to the earbuds that came with my Clip+, which sound somewhat but not entirely shitty.

I can relate, most silicone sleeves feel awful, even the ones on more expensive IEMs. The only silicone sleeve I can tolerate is the ones on Skullcandy. Apart from that, foam sleeves all the way.

Digital volume should always be at 100%. Adjust volume on the amp.

I was considering Galaxy Buds, but the in ear silicone nub is a deal-breaker.

These fit Galaxy Buds:
complyfoam.com/products/tgs-truegrip-pro-for-samsung-galaxy-buds/

Is this what I need to replace busted MMCX connectors on IEMs?
mouser.com/ProductDetail/HUBER+SUHNER/82_MMCX-S50-0-2-111_KG?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsB9HsreUc%2BiXKS6BSNACONzOKewL%2B0aUI=
The shape and pins look identical to the original. I'm just worried because I see "impedance: 50 ohms" which is more than the impedance of the whole IEM.

>sleeve
Please, refrain from posting.

nope, im not sticking anything inside my ear canal.

I just want a pair of bluetooth earbuds that don't go inside my fucking brain, that I can charge without buying a dedicated bullshit proprietary cable.

Only ones I know of that match what you want are knockoff AirPods, and those tend to sound like liquid dog turd.

You're memeing but I can drive them without a separate amp, even my s8 powers them pretty well. I'm just want something better for more serious listening.