/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>AAA or multiplatform games: Radeon card appropriate for your montior
>PC centric or VR games: Nvidia card appropriate for your display
>Used RX 570s can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p 16:9
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous: Beware of schizo user's posts like which generally call everyone who isn't an AMD fanboi a shill, a faker, a false flagger, or a ban evader despite repeated and constant evidence to the contrary

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/6T4xhy
pcpartpicker.com/list/vhP9q4
anandtech.com/show/14694/amd-rome-epyc-2nd-gen/4)
microcenter.com/product/510553/lg-32gk650f-b-32-
newegg.com/dark-blue-grey-samsung-cjg5-series-c32jg50-31-5/p/N82E16824022735?Item=N82E16824022735&Tpk=N82E16824022735
pcgamer.com/control-system-requirements-settings-benchmarks-and-performance-analysis/
pcpartpicker.com/list/q6FHvn
youtube.com/watch?v=9dEsTiOeMQ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

threadripper when

>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
*snicker*

Attached: 32092_girls-women-laughing-secret.jpg (2000x1571, 920K)

will be announced this year, likely coming out Q1 2020, rumours all over the place.

Now let's get back to posting actual data, in this case in the form of recent game benchmarks

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-27 Control тест GPU CPU Action FPS TPS Тест GPU.png (720x855, 53K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/6T4xhy

So should I downgrade to the 2070 and just make my own bootable windows usb?

Attached: A5weasel.jpg (750x486, 36K)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-27 Control тест GPU CPU Action FPS TPS Тест GPU(1).png (720x636, 27K)

Is the ASUS Prime X570-P any good?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-27 Control тест GPU CPU Action FPS TPS Тест GPU(2).png (720x795, 52K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/vhP9q4
what do you think?
is cpu gpu pairing ok?

I'd love to see a benchmark of RTX on and off since I've read it increases draw calls and should cause a cpu+gpu bottleneck

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-27 Control тест GPU CPU Action FPS TPS Тест GPU(3).png (720x795, 52K)

Your opinion on epyc vs 39xx?

The price difference is not that bad at epyc's lower range and you can have a two cpu config.

(Zen2 epycs list with msrps here anandtech.com/show/14694/amd-rome-epyc-2nd-gen/4)

New benchmarks, fresh off the press.

Attached: accuratebenchmark.jpg (1089x747, 51K)

intel 10th gen i9 when?

>DLSS
why

October for hedt i9s :^)

Higher framerate, better for testing CPUs

is that true? if so I wonder if threadripper will launch at the same time to compete

I'm having trouble deciding between a 2700x, 3600x, i5 9600k , i7 8700
Which would you choose and why?
I'm running an a10 5800k so it's finally time to upgrade.

3600 not close

what does gpu scaling do? if I watch a 1080p video will it scale it up to 1440p if my resolution is set to that?

>have everything except graphics card
>can afford 2070s but want to go full amd this year
>I just know they're not going to have enough stock again and sell out within an hour

Attached: 1511181563005.jpg (540x703, 213K)

patience
full amd is comfy btw

R5 3600 because it's cheap and can max out any reasonable graphics card + monitor combo, the new consoles will be Zen, and you can double your multithreaded performance later if need be by dropping in a 3900X

Will I be able to play games without issues when I buy a 5700 (XT) or will I just stare at BSODs/driver crashes?

amd no good no buy please do the needful buy 2060

You should be more worried about drivers

3600 without a doubt, best perf/price ratio with actually good performance
>no bios issues
>no temp issues
just dont be amerijew and read the instructions before doing something, and update youre chipset drivers

Attached: naisu.jpg (1130x690, 289K)

I'm thinking of upgrading, this is what I budgeted this time. I didn't put much thought into it desu, just modified my previous one I did a few months earlier now that prices have changed.

My current build is:
3570k, overclocked to 4.2
Gigabyte mobo, forgot the model some udh z77x or whatever.
8GB wam
4 HDDs and 2 SDDs
I think a 520W Seasonic PSU, bronze
Gigabyte R9 270x

Things I do:
Photoshop, Illustrator, Matlab/Fortran/C, watch chinese cartoons and sport streams, jack off to eroge, play terraria, factorio, and simracing.

I might move the old bits into a new cheapo case and take it to the office so that I don't have to use an old optiplex.

Being quite honest, the 3570k still runs, not sure why I'd upgrade besides the fact that:
>fuck intel and their socket changes
>I damaged the old mobo, one fan out and the 3.0 usb bit doesn't work now

I could simply get a gaymen gpu and new psu for it and be done with it, but I haven't done my research.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 1.39.00 PM.png (1280x800, 220K)

I have no idea what you're talking about

Attached: 1510742878140.jpg (660x495, 114K)

Need to upgrade CPU, GPU, ram, ssd and hdd
AM4 socket and want to go full AMD
thinking:
>Ryzen 7 3700x
>16Gb ddr4 3600
>500Gb ssd
>2-4 Tb hdd
>donno grafix

Been going on /pcbg/ for the past month but I'm still not any smarter in regards to cpu. Will buy it probably this week. Been switching between amd and intel all the time. I know everything else I'm going to buy except that. Would have gone for the 9700k but since it seems new intel cpus are coming next year, for which I don't want to wait for, I'm not sure what to do. Will it still have good enough longevity as to not have to change it for at least 3 or more years if possible? I don't buy many new games, resi 2 this year and evil within prior to that and nothing else, mostly somewhat older games. But if I were to buy something new I'd at least want to be able to play it at 1440p60.
The problem with amd for me would be the lower fps and the mobos, even if it's not much, every frame less is going to will keep me from a smooth 4k60 for older games.
I don't and never will do any productivity on my pc.Gaming is the most taxing thing I do. I also don't care about the i7 costing more though the i9 would be too much.

An R5 2600 can easily keep everything at above 60FPS minimums, especially if we're talking corridor shooters. Check benchmarks. Resolution does not affect CPU requirements

hows the benq ex3203r .
looking for 32" 1440p monitor.

Got an RX570 8GB here. Worst possible model, MSI armor. Anything I could possibly do to make it "cooler" without outright buying a goddamn aftermarket cooler? I already use a case that is supposedly pretty decent with airflow, have tried every goddamn fan setup possible for that, I already reapplied thermal paste on it. I don't know if it would be a good idea to replace the thermal pads but since there's like 5 different thicknesses if I'm going to lurk for and buy each of those at that point I might as well buy a cooler.

Any other ideas?

amd gpus have shit drivers and you cant play older games.

>blower
might be ok though because its a 5700 and they're cheap as fuck if you get a reference design
>650w
good
>asus b450
idk if this is any good but w/e
>3200 ram
good
>2700
good
I rate this build good/good

i'll shill this for the last time
AOC Q3279VWFD8 31.5" Widescreen IPS LED Black Monitor (2560x1440/5ms/VGA/HDMI/DP/DVI) and it's only £200

Is the tomahawk max a good board? Is it good enough for a 3900x? Will never overclock anyway.

radeon has poor driver support when they launch new cards
historically, it always takes months for the drivers to be good, but once they are your card will be amazing
when you buy an amd gpu, it can only ever get better, but you suffer if you buy early

You right . Fuck it I'll do a 3600x. The 9600 is 30 bucks cheaper but I think I'd rather have those extra threads for video editing and VR.

Pay $400 for a part that doesn't even work properly on release. Yeah makes sense.

I'm talking more mobos ($120 starting) and SFX PSUs.

>3600x
instead of a 3600x i would recommend a 3600 and a good aftermarket cooler
whats good? im not sure
the default one is decent and way quieter than what i had, a shame i couldnt mount my coolermster v6gt on the am4 board
any idea what kind of bracket could i get to mount this? like is there any intel bracket thats close to am4 or somthing like that?

I've never used Windows 10 before, are you able to make a local user account that isn't a Microsoft account? Is there some hoops you have to jump through or is it an easy option? I remember something about the option only being there if you disconnect the network cable when going through the Windows install, not sure if they changed that though.

>waiting for the holiday to buy a new PC
gonna be comfy. cannot wait. hopefully discounts will be good.
prob going for 5700 xt red devil and r5 3600.
can someone recommend 1080p and 1440p monitors to go with these?

I never said you had to buy it right away or at all. I was just explaining something to that user.

the 3600X is widely considered to not be worth the extra money. it barely outperforms the 3600, compared to the difference between the 2600X/2600 or the 2700X/2700.

yes just click "Domain join instead". it will prompt to create local account

you could try getting rid of the whole plastic fan shroud assembly and ziptie some high airflow 90 or 120mm fans onto the bare heatsink. Kinda like a ghetto morpheus.

Attached: raijintek morpheus.jpg (1920x1080, 1.06M)

And does that work on all versions or just LTSC?

Attached: that's the joke.png (1920x1080, 674K)

Can I get a water-cooling unit? They look rad.
3600 it is. I think that one's only like 200 bucks too.

At least in pro/enterprise you have to select "join domain" only to have an option to create local admin account instead, because MS could not figure out how to actually join domain during installation.

pro minimum

Dumb question. The rma office received my *maybe* dead mobo days ago. It's been one week since they got it and they still haven't said a thing or contacted. Do you think should I contact them tomorrow just to ask some info or do I sound like a needy faggot?

>just pay RTX prices for early access drivers bro

>botnet 10 barely lets you create a real accout
wat
what a bullet i dodged by just installing usb3 drivers for windows 7

Why does the budget 4k machine need a more powerful psu?

these are decently priced if you want a bigass 144hz display

microcenter.com/product/510553/lg-32gk650f-b-32-
newegg.com/dark-blue-grey-samsung-cjg5-series-c32jg50-31-5/p/N82E16824022735?Item=N82E16824022735&Tpk=N82E16824022735

Why are only retards replying to me? As I told the other user who replied to me, Im just explaining the radeon driver stuff to someone. Personally, Id buy a 5700 because I know in 7 months it'll be a beast of a card.

>TN

might as well put them in the bin m8

Nothing wrong with following up. They're a business and you should expect to be able to receive a status update any time you want

Pretty much all monitors suck right now. A 27" version of the VG32VQ is basically all we can hope for, provided the ELMB sync on that monitor even works well. No reviews yet

Attempt an undervolt? Caring about chip temp for its own sake is mostly pointless. The important thing is that the card doesn't throttle or get too loud

you're actually paying about the same as you would for quality ATX components. Plently of decent b450/x470 itx boards that are on par with their full size counterparts. Decent gold rated PSUs have risen in price recently, but there are a few reasonably priced SFX units. EVGA has a $90 550w that can easily sustain zen 2 + undervolted navi.

they're both VA which is a nice compromise between IPS and TN if you don't do any productivity work.

So glad I bought into the hype on this one.

Attached: 20190827_130057.jpg (2560x1440, 1.19M)

Nice graphics card benchmarks including the 5700/XT
pcgamer.com/control-system-requirements-settings-benchmarks-and-performance-analysis/

Attached: koZ8qAKYskMSPVWfCse32a.png (1920x1080, 372K)

what gpu?

What games does this test on?

>gaming in Australia

>need a 2080Ti to run decently
wow what the fuck is this game

Control is that new rtx showcase game.

5700xt.

>your wattman settings have been reset due to an unexpected crash
>literally just restarted my computer once by force using the hard reset button my case
how do I prevent this

Anyone know if the powercolor vega 56 red dragon is a good card? Does it have coil whine?

You can't! Fucking Amazing AMD drivers right? And just wait till it starts trying to force freesync on in games that don't support it, causing your PC to hard crash and you to need to restart it, which will reset Wattman settings. It's an awesome cycle, totally not a shit user experience.

>3700X
>"overkill"
>when there is a better gaming CPU for literally the exact same prize
Stockholder-kun...

Attached: EDAK1p3X4AEVxF0.jpg (710x400, 71K)

What are good hdd brands? I was going to get a seagate barracuda 3tb 7200rpm until i discovered it was a gamble if it would work or die.
Also, is there a noticeable difference between 5200, 5900, and 7200 rpm?

Attached: 218FB34C-5A0B-4351-84E8-E46AC1AB21CE.jpg (210x251, 19K)

You can't, save your profile and just reload it

Keep in mind that's at 1440p. Medium settings can provide a 30% perf boost and Low will provide a 100% perf boost. They probably target 1440p 30FPS with an RX 580 such that they can upscale to 4K on a PS4 Pro

Attached: 08d.jpg (645x528, 136K)

WD/HGST

Western Digital or Seagate.

All HDDs have small moving parts which is inherently a gamble unless you're personally transporting them from the factory to your computer.

7200 rpm is hard to distinguish from an SSD

>7200 rpm is hard to distinguish from an SSD
Lmao what
Maybe half a decade ago, even the cheapest modern SSD destroys any HDD money can buy.

HGST and Hitachi, but most brands have ironed out the kinks recently. Check the blackblaze stats

>he actually believes this
I almost want to buy you an SSD

pcpartpicker.com/list/q6FHvn
Would you guys consider it a balanced build? I wanna go full AMD this time but i am not sure about what motherboard i should buy since i heard that msi still cant fix their shit and their bios is a hit or miss. Also any opinions about the Pulse 5700?

based punk and clowned poster

Attached: 1559071497919.gif (324x324, 1.94M)

>falling for the AMD meme
You're about to get clowned, don't be a punk motherfucker

Buy the B450 Tomahawk (or ideally its updated MAX version), that's generally the best B450 you can go for.
Also i'd advice against going with an AMD GPU, the drivers are shit, they're awful for non-AAA shit or older games and you're guaranteed to run into some annoying bugs here and there.
2060S costs just slightly more and the standard 2060 costs less, so i'd say go for one of those.

Who's this clown?

Don't try to stop him, the only way he'll stop being a punk motherfucker is if he gets clowned badly enough.

Are those drivers really the deal breaker? I heard the only issue with them is that they suck at working with older games which is not a big issue to me. Unless there is more to it.

Read through the thread, punkass. AMD drivers are literally garbage-tier.

It's not just that, a lot of people are experiencing really bizarre issues like random crashes, freesync problems, flickering, stuttering and so on.
Sure there's a good chance you'll be fine, but there's clearly enough people having issues out there that i'd say it's not worth spending almost $400 on a product with such high failure rates.

I'm a bit short on cash and need a new monitor, so I was thinking about buying a VA panel one. Does anyone have any experience with either of those?

Attached: s.jpg (1626x1148, 373K)

Not him, but people say "drivers" when the drivers aren't at fault at all. Some old games, yeah definitely a driver problem. With newer games it's generally a lack of support from devs/engines. If you're playing AAA you'll get decent perf comparable to (for instance) techpowerup averages, but if you're playing early access type titles or VR games the performance will be much lower. I loved my RX 470. I can't really comment on Navi, but in general, especially with AMD, buying in slightly later is better. Consider all the memory problems they finally worked out going from Ryzen 1000 to Ryzen 2000

Does anyone know if Windows 7 got the Ryzen scheduler update that went out in Windows 10 1903 update?

youtube.com/watch?v=9dEsTiOeMQ4

Witcher: 35 seconds vs 25 seconds
ME: Andromeda: 35 seconds vs 21 seconds
Project Cars: 11 seconds vs 9 seconds

The HDD is a WD Blue, which is about 20% slower than a Black

I'm assuming the purpose of the build is gaming.
-The Gaming Pro Carbon AC seems to me like overkill for that CPU.
-Are you sure you will need that much storage space? Since SSD prices are constantly falling it might be a better idea to buy only the NVME SSD for now and to buy a second SSD when it becomes necessary.