Burgerclaps still rely on SMS and cucked by imessages

>burgerclaps still rely on SMS and cucked by imessages
>europoors still rely on whatsapp and cucked by facebook
Why don't people just use the best instant messaging app there is? It can be used NATIVELY on any platform.

Attached: Telegram.png (640x640, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rocket.chat/docs/user-guides/end-to-end-encryption/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-UlA4-tslROBDS9IqHalWVztqZo7uxlCeKPQ-8uoFOU/edit#gid=0
smartphones.gadgethacks.com/how-to/signal-101-register-using-google-voice-number-0179209/
linphone.org/
opentech.fund/results/supported-projects/open-whisper-systems/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Telegram is horrid, though.

Attached: signal messenger.png (1024x1024, 15K)

>no proper encryption
Signal, threema or bust.

More and more of my list uses telegram. Mostly old farts are stuck on whatsapp.

Why would you knowingly install malware?

Attached: cat.jpg (1280x850, 314K)

>shit/no encryption
>still requires phone number
>no video calling
Telegram is a shittier version of Discord, it's not a proper IM.

just use matrix

matrix is a far better chat implementation.

>can't host your own shit
rocket chat is better in this scenario, in every way vs those 2
>can't communicate with other peoples servers
this is where matrix comes in

there should be nothing else that is used other than the above 2.

Rocket Chat isn't e2e encrypted, is it? Wire is, and you can also host that yourself.

rocket.chat/docs/user-guides/end-to-end-encryption/

wire has tons of analytics shit in them. I stopped using it years ago. I'm aware it's in a much better state now but matrix protocol is much further along than anything else.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-UlA4-tslROBDS9IqHalWVztqZo7uxlCeKPQ-8uoFOU/edit#gid=0

Rocket chat still isn't E2E encrypted by default. This gives it an automatic rating of "F."

>NOOOOOOOOOO I NEED MY LOLI SHARING AND PIZZA REQUESTS TO MY MOTHER TO BE END TO END ENCRYPTED BY DEFAULT

Attached: 1558067146753.jpg (1099x1024, 309K)

>The easiest way to try Matrix is to use the Riot Web
Fuck that, give me a matrix client that works over OS X, ios, android, Linux, and windows.

Riot.im is available on ios and linux, at minimum. I don't use it, but its there.

riot.im
wow that was hard

It's still miles ahead of WhatsApp though.

see

checked

Attached: dubs.jpg (480x360, 15K)

I thought you retards hate riot.im as being botnet.

I bet you find yourself funny, retard.

yep, found the incel

>needs your phone number
BOTNET
Just use IRC, for goddamn fuck's sake. There has never been and will never be anything better.

E2E encryption by default doesn't guarantee the messenger is worth a shit, but not having E2E encryption by default DOES guarantee that the messenger is an automatic fail.

I literally said I don't use it. I'd use it over something like Discord, though.

this. it really doesn't fucking matter

besides, I can't convince everyone I know to start using some weird ass chatting platforms they never heard about in their lives because "omg the government is selling my shit and reading my messages"

Needs a SIM card so it's garbage. Threema, Riot and Wire are better.

Great argument.

I've gotten every android user I know to make Signal their default text messenger. I don't even bother trying with iOS. You're not gonna get iPhone users to drop iMessage (they literally can't make anything else the default).

maybe if you stopped jacking off all day to loli you'd find a better premise

You don't have a fucking sim card?

smartphones.gadgethacks.com/how-to/signal-101-register-using-google-voice-number-0179209/

That said, I don't know why you'd want to. Signal is designed to replace your default video caller, audio caller, and text messenging apps. To use a false number seems like it'd be more trouble than its worth.

No and it's not the point. It's less convenient and private than requiring nothing (Threema, Riot, Jami, Conversations) or email (Wire).

Attached: bigbrain.jpg (3840x2160, 999K)

You can get a fake email and your ISP knows you by name anyway. There is enough information in those chats to pinpoint your exact identity and nobody has ever audited the programs you run. Stop being a fucking schizo.

Riot.im is more of an E2EE Discord. Wire is more of an E2EE Skype. Can't speak to the others, but those two definitely weren't created to replace your phone calls and text messages. Signal was.

>DO YOU GUYS NOT HAVE PHONES
No sane person has a cellphone.

you can ACL ban, or block, or do anything you want to analytics, but it is irrelevant because matrix, the protocol, is far beyond anything and everything else.
riot is just fucking fine and far better for normal users. What else would you use? NSA's signal app? Russia's telefag app?
wire is a better option than both

tf do you use then

No sane person doesn't have a cellphone. Meaning only social outcasts don't communicate with normal people. Normal people don't use obscure, untested, unaudited honeypots, so you only reach them over social media or calls.

>NSA's signal app?
You got a source for that claim, other than your ass?

You can register an email on Tor.

>two definitely weren't created to replace your phone calls and text messages
Both are IMs. They're doing exactly that.

>Both are IMs. They're doing exactly that.
Literally nothing you said refuted what I said.

>Tor
Like I said, unaudited honeypot. Plus, criminals get caught over IRC, what makes your shitty bloat special?
>doing exactly that.
They're fucking not. Go around and ask someone for their Jami username instead of phone number.

It does. Because Signal is no different from Wire/Riot.

>Jami username
Nice cherry picking.

Home/work landlines/internet and patience to use them when I'm not at home unlike you impatient I GOTTA COMMUNICATE AT ALL TIMES BECAUSE IF I DONT I'LL LOOK LIKE A FUCKING LOSER kids.
>social outcasts
See, and this is how I know you are all little fucking high school kids. Only fucking high school kids have this fucking insanely huge social circle. I can't wait until you grow up and the crushing realization that you will have no friends outside of your immediate family that you regularly communicate with any more sets in.
Jow Forums should change to being available to people over 30 years old to remove all you fucking little kids with zero perspective on anything. It's sad.

>It does. Because Signal is no different from Wire/Riot.
Yes, it is. You can't make either one your default phone/texting app. In order for you to get a Wire message, you have to have the person messaging you use Wire. This is not the case with Signal. If I message someone who doesn't use Signal with the Signal messenger, it will send a regular text message. Ditto for calling people.

If I can use Signal to call my plumber's phone, or City Hall, or any other business, then that is VERY different than Wire or Riot.

>cherry picking.
If you ask them for whatsapp or viber, they'll answer. And they're mainly used on smartphones. So cell phones are here to stay.
>high school kids.
You're socially retarded. People use smartphones because it's much easier to put your finger on glass and talk to your friend than turning your PC on and logging into obscure trash apps.

I can smell the plebbit from here.

> sms is an interoperable international standard
>reee why aren’t you using a walled garden
Find another place to sell your bullshit.

>wh-what are you afraid of if you have nothing to hide!
I cannot stand scum like you

>finger on glass
Where the UI element is larger than the tip of your fucking finger. The whole thing is unbelievably, horribly, stupidly designed to not only be trash but VIOLATES YOUR FUCKING PRIVACY AT ALL GODDAMN TIMES BEYOND ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE FROM YOUR FUCKING LANDLINE OR PC.
Anyone who uses this fucking garbage has to have something horribly wrong in his fucking brain. There's no other explanation. Seriously, was everyone else given stupid pills at some point and I missed out somehow?

Not a problem for me I use a galaxy note 9.
>be trash
Whatsapp/viber marketshare says they're much better than any and all alternatives, free or not.
>PRIVACY
Whatsapp and viber follow all privacy regulations like GDPR. If you want more, consult your political representatives for new, stronger privacy laws. You are not entitled to be invisible on the internet.
>no other explanation.
It's a clear choice for me.
>I want to talk to people
>people use app X
Therefore, using app X solves the problem. Using incompatible app Y does not solve the problem and adds extra issues.
Like I said, you're not entitled to anything more than you're given. If you want to wage crusades for free software, go donate a few million to FSF or the app devs for marketing purposes.

>You can't make either one your default phone/texting app.
Because you don't need to.
>If I message someone who doesn't use Signal with the Signal messenger, it will send a regular text message
Are you too retarded to open normal messages/calls?

>If you ask them for whatsapp or viber, they'll answer.
They can answer with a Wire name or Threema ID, which are easier to memorize than a phone number.

>They can answer with a Wire name or Threema ID
How will they do that if they don't use Wire and Threema?

how about you do a few calls, tell us when you hear the third person making noises

>Are you too retarded to open normal messages/calls?
It's literally just as complicated to do either after setting up Signal initially. And I don't mind making my phone communications E2EE when I can. Apparently, the thought of this bamboozles you. It's almost like you just can't fathom why anybody would want their text messages and phone calls to be encrypted whenever possible.

No shit it's cloud stored. Use private messages for encryption and 0 redundancy.

it's open source retard

SMS aren't free in most of the world. Why should I pay 9 cents per text message when I can get it for free through my internet flatrate? That's why most of the world uses Whatsapp/Messenger etc

The problem is that it's impossible to make all your friends/family switch to something "obscure" for them.
I've yet to use any messaging app, but soon enough I'll have to start using whatsapp seeing as it's what everyone is using.
Aren't messages encrypted end to end (not accounting for NSA backdoor) now ?

Retarded shill faggot i bet you get paid by them

Attached: Screenshot_20190829-113226_Google Play Store.jpg (1080x710, 100K)

it's ok, i can't stand pedophiles so the feeling is mutual

Only a retard wouldn't know how to get it for free.

>Not matrix/riot

>you're minding your business one day and one of your friends sends you a message on whatsapp/imessage or messenger that he's gonna start exclusively using some schizo IM app and that you should use it too because you wont be able to contact him otherwise

yeah, nah this is why your gf left you my dude

Yeah it's an actual problem if you want to buy drugs but you wouldn't know since you're a virgin shut in loser

It's also a problem if you don't want to get caught accidentally breaking one of the nation's countless laws. I mean, in the US, they have like 20,000 laws on guns alone. Who knows how many laws you might be breaking on accident.

It's the same reason I encrypt my phone and laptop, even though I don't knowingly do anything illegal with them.

>imagine being this paranoid about your computer
nobody cares my man

They are shit

>nobody cares my man
You're probably right, but that doesn't mean you'll always be right, and it's not like you're gonna be able to take it back later.

Compared to telegram and signal Riot is much better.

How so?

Doesn't need a unique phone number and can be used on multiple devices at once.

Well, telegram can be used on all devices at the same time.

>tell friend I want to use telegram and how we can send back and forth uncompressed images and he should download it as well
>he downloads it
>we keep messaging through telegram
Maybe you should get better friends.

But the phone number enables Signal to replace your default texting app.

my friends and my drug dealers use signal

>a literal FSB honeypot

For me it's GNU Jami

Attached: Screenshot_20190823-225945_Jami.png (1440x2560, 77K)

I don't give a shit about muh mobile texting or calls.

Discord will be eventually pressed into phone # tied reg => meta tracking too once it reaches critical normie mass. Same as happened to twitter or everything else.

K. But most people don't give a crap about setting up a messenger app just to talk to you. I'm able to convince people to use signal by pitching it as an iMessage for android.

>>europoors still rely on whatsapp and cucked by facebook

What do you mean? I'm a yuro and Telegram widely used here

>0 conversations
kek

underrated post

Ok, boot licker. Wanting privacy does not automatically mean you're a pedo. But go ahead, (You) can give ((((them)))) everything.

>iMessage
Is this a murrica thing?

Why is it banned and blocked in Russia then? Wouldn't the FSB want Russians to use it?

>Why is it banned and blocked in Russia then?
Because it's not. Fully functional as it always was.
All the news were about Russia "failing" to block it.

Everyone in the UK uses WhatsApp or FB Messenger, there's literally no way around it. SMS is used by the minority of freaks that don't have a smartphone.

It's a faggot, ie Apple, thing. I know some people in the UK use it but pretty much all Applefags here have WhatsApp because it's necessary to communicate with non-Applefags.

>worthless junkie calling anybody a loser

Attached: 1518503841919.gif (230x175, 1.94M)

LinPhone B-Hatch!

linphone.org/

Attached: logo.png (191x65, 5K)

>y-you are s-socially retarded...!

Attached: soyboy73.jpg (708x800, 95K)

Can someone tell me what's wrong with signal? I thought out of telegram and WhatsApp it's the safest if I wanna send degenerate loli pictures

>what's wrong with signal?
Requires phone number.
Use Threema or Wire instead.

Signal has received money from the Open Technology Fund which is funded by the US government. See here: opentech.fund/results/supported-projects/open-whisper-systems/ It's just glownigger shit designed to target people who want to hide their communications. You're better off not using a phone, cycling through burners, or keeping your essential normie communications to a minimum (as well as not carrying a phone with you as even "dumb" phones send out E911 signals which can triangulate your position).

Attached: 1565791163762.jpg (441x679, 56K)

>waaa muh shitty botnet binary blob signal is s-secure!!

Anything uploading your phonebook for matching contacts + GCM for push not can map your entire social network and metadata for each instant msg sent. All of those can also swap your E2E key, so convos can be listened to on-demand (no mass surveilance as people would notice the global mitm).

All of the above applies to Telegram, Signal, Whatsapp, Line...

Closest usable non-botnet thing are memes like tox, bitmessage, ricochet...