It's been a wonderful 10 years tbeh. Who here is still using 7?

It's been a wonderful 10 years tbeh. Who here is still using 7?

Attached: scCap.png (1140x720, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tinyapps.org/blog/201811300700_windows_10_ltsc.html
practicaltypography.com/word-spaces.html
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/info-discussion-downloads-windows-10-1809-final-b-17763-xxx-pc-rs5.77945
winprivacy.de/english-home/
github.com/adolfintel/Windows10-Privacy/blob/master/README.md
howtogeek.com/fyi/microsoft-explains-why-windows-10s-october-2018-update-was-deleting-peoples-files/
google.com/search?ei=TsNnXYnkN6uFhbIP2LiQkAo&q=windows 10 update brick&oq=&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.1.0.41j41i22i30j41l2j41i22i30j41l3.0.0..6854...0.0..0.0.0.......0....1.......8.6AXciTqmRt0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw phoneposting while my toaster updates to 1903

Didn't they extend the support to 2023?

They did?

I'm keeping it and waiting until ReactOS gets UEFI support, then stealing their driver and replacing vga.sys to keep using win7

(((Special interest))) groups only.
It will be piratable though

>single space after full stops
FUCK THIS SHIT

you can still use the win10 upgrade tool, the pajeets are too incompetent to disable it

>Who here is still using 7?
Poorfags, degenerates, imbeciles, virgins, pedos.

Attached: 1567036849004.jpg (457x419, 37K)

checked, let me know if it breaks things had to roll back to 1809 on father's PC

Attached: animemilk2_by_barefootgen.jpg (1280x720, 228K)

Everyone dreading his existence for having to endure it in any way and for any reason.
And here's what happened to your Windows during those 10 years...

Attached: 1567073134504.png (1300x4704, 1.16M)

You'd have to be mental to indulge this level of blatant and laughable incompetence by installing this shit on your machine and having it data mine you in the process.

ReactOS has no plans for UEFI support. And even then, you should just use a headless distro to virtualize XP/7 with full passthrough.

if you plan on using 10, then don't bother with the bloated version. use this instead

Attached: Untitled.png (460x423, 15K)

Where to get a legit copy?

>we are here to help
>not offering any alternatives to the 'upgrade'
It's like a predator luring in his prey.

Not anymore.
Windows 7 was awesome, specially after the early versions of Vista.
Tested LTSC in around 2016 in a VM, found it better in pretty much every way and have been using it as the main Windows install ever since.

>How does English work?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:369E0306EF42BA0A1463E914C8819C3E575EBE8E

Download the ISO off MS servers and use the MS KMS script to activate (rerun every 6 months).

Thanks. I can't find CD keys in the store. I don't think ebay ones are legit. I can't pirate because my workplace does machine inspection, home machine included.

>home machine included
do you live in Russia? wtf

That's mostly the retarded metro UI though.
Luckily most of the system itself got rewritten because the mess that was Windows 7 (that was based on Vista codebase) was too hard to work on anymore.
This might actually be devs talking about the Windows 10 development project before they scrapped the majority of the Windows 7 source.

Running 1903 and haven't had any problems. Features like Sandbox are also nice.

No. What's wrong with Rus

>my workplace does machine inspection, home machine included
Your company comes into your house and inspects what software your computer is running?
What the actual fuck. I'm a fucking glow-in-the-dark and not even my employer cares.

See tinyapps.org/blog/201811300700_windows_10_ltsc.html for some legitimate options to buy LTSC, all passing MS auditing.

Boomerfriend, you were supposed to quit double spacing after sentences in the 90s, once proportionally spaced fonts came along.

Then I think you'd know. Current MOS brother?

Just tell us when you're ready to join us in the year... 1990? Maybe earlier?
See also practicaltypography.com/word-spaces.html

Wow that's pretty good tahnks.

Either way, it's a complete and utter shitshow.

MOS?
I do data science work for a US three letter agency.
I'm genuinely curious, what company in what country checks people's home computers for pirated software?

An unnamed organisation that works on SIGINT and wants employees to also work from home in front of a camera while at least partially keeping up some standards of security.

>we are here to help
Help who?

I laugh every time I see this image posted, because it's so wrong. A quick perusal of the Development of Windows Vista article on Shittypedia reveals the multiple errors per paragraph in all their glory, and renders any other bitching (e.g. Metro) very suspect.

>does SIGINT work from home
God I hope you're not working for the US because that's such a security risk.
I work in a special building, in a special room, on a special network.
The idea that you'd be working on any sort of intelligence stuff at home feels super wrong to me. Work things stay at work, and at your home life is yours to do as you please.

>Vista

USA, Russia, China, etc. have total freedom to hand pick people from villages and turn them into invisible Tier 1 computer scientists, or just hire any amount of PhDs. In my country, computer literate people are gems and must be squeezed to the maximum. If data leaks, it leaks...

>actually finished school in 90's
f-fuck you guys no one told me

Any way you can post checksum for a safe copy of MS KMS? Always seems very sketch to just look that up and downloading the first file you see.

It's OK.
Just the other week the office manager was going on about "why do these kids keep putting one space after sentences". He was genuinely surprised to learn that everyone 35 and under was taught to only put one space.

>typestuttering
anime tranny

17763.1 English|500c9635645a91c09d3c3904fd12f0e1fd3f709e|4.47|x64

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/info-discussion-downloads-windows-10-1809-final-b-17763-xxx-pc-rs5.77945 (scroll down to checksums)

Yes, Vista. Have you actually read that image? Or are you just suffering from extreme brain damage?

It seems you haven't.

>no u
Into the trash you go.

I win

Ahh I see.
Well in your situation, I would have one computer for work, and another one for play.
You must be from a small country. Enjoy what you do, it's a very rewarding job.

Thanks. I can't buy a computer that is not audited, the revenue agency has total access to all purchases, foreign or domestic. Influencial people like executives and politicians have been trialed for simply having an offshore account that wasn't provided for an audit.

I will never stop double spacing between sentences and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

Wow. You and I are living in two different worlds.
Hope they pay you well at least lol.

yesofcoursetheypaymeverywelleverydayiamgratefultoserveglorytothepremier

I have no hopes anymore after that update that made Windows Update support SHA-2.

>end of support
And? I haven't updated since 2015, how does this concern me?

What? Explain what's going on to an ESL

at least tell which country
please :^)

15k lines of code for a dropdown, impressively funny.

Zero proof behind that picture. I can LARP as an apple employee next time.

Antarctica

Back when typewriters were the thing, you would push the space bar twice after the end of a sentence.

That's because it's harder to tell apart sentences with monospaced characters, like this. Two spaces made it easier to see.

With modern fonts, the spacing is varied based on the letters, just like how handwriting is. You can easily tell sentences apart with one space.

Let me make your privacy easier on 10 (even better than 7). It's a fantastic program:
winprivacy.de/english-home/

Oh, I see. I thought it was an english thing.

> running Symantec Norton

This era is over. Micro$oft is moving to Embrace, Extend and Extinguish once again. You see it in their embracing of powershell, PoSH Core and WSL. They're going to fuck everyone HARD in 6-7 years time.

I mean, we all know that Windows 10 is a buggy piece of shit that breaks completely when updated with no possibility of recovering. That gives some credibility to the actual code being a shitshow which no one fully understands. And design inconsistencies? Then being designed in PowerPoint as he claims also makes sense.

It being designed*

me, and i will continue to use it because updates don't mean shit

>applying EEE in their own products
are you retarded by any chance

>I mean, we all know that Windows 10 is a buggy piece of shit that breaks completely when updated with no possibility of recovering.
It works on my machine and 90+% of people's machines. Stop running shitty russian cracks and """privacy apps""" over it.
>some credibility
Unless you do state-actor tier reverse engineering, you can't make any valid assumptions.

You total numpty, it's the definition of EEE. They're embracing open standards using their own products. Eventually they'll extend on those capabilities with Microsoft only pay to play trash, and people who are already down the garden path will have to start paying.

xubuntu > w7

Except they won't be doing anything to Linux.

>Stop running shitty russian cracks and """privacy apps""" over it.
I'm not. And I don't care to, because I'd never willingly install Windows 10 on my machine.
>Unless you do state-actor tier reverse engineering, you can't make any valid assumptions
I don't know what the fuck you're even talking about now. Come on... Are you defending fucking Windows 10 of all things?

>I'd never willingly install
Oh so you have no idea whether windows is buggy or not? Idiot.
>Are you defending
Yes of course. I'm finding reasons to like or dislike Windows and I'm open to both. Mainly because I can only do my routine on Windows.

>Oh so you have no idea whether windows is buggy or not? Idiot
Die. Just... Die. I don't have to go through their bullshit to know what the state of it is.
github.com/adolfintel/Windows10-Privacy/blob/master/README.md
howtogeek.com/fyi/microsoft-explains-why-windows-10s-october-2018-update-was-deleting-peoples-files/
google.com/search?ei=TsNnXYnkN6uFhbIP2LiQkAo&q=windows 10 update brick&oq=&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.1.0.41j41i22i30j41l2j41i22i30j41l3.0.0..6854...0.0..0.0.0.......0....1.......8.6AXciTqmRt0

Yeah... I totally needed to endure all of this to know the state of it.

>I don't have to
You do. These are just random overblown drivels. Privacy tools haven't been proven to work as well as they advertise.
>was deleting peoples files
And nothing was lost because windows makes automatic backups with file history and restore points. Unless you disable those features for 1% perf increase like a moron.
>could
>may
>possibly
Memes. No damage was done.

These are just FUD articles for views. It's an OS written by professionals who have contractual standards to live up to, unlike Linux or BSDs. If modern Windows code is anything like Calculator, then it's fantastic, readable, maintainable code.

>I don't have to
>You do. These are just random overblown drivels
Just fuck off. They themselves acknowledged their faults.
>Privacy tools haven't been proven to work as well as they advertise.
Of course, that's what I intended to say by posting that link.
>It's an OS written by professionals who have contractual standards to live up to, unlike Linux or BSDs. If modern Windows code is anything like Calculator, then it's fantastic, readable, maintainable code.
You are fucking kidding, right?

>acknowledged
PR stunt, windows works fine. There were more articles on wannacry than wannacry-infected PCs. Same thing here.
>kidding
Dude that is just a jpg of random people spreading FUD. I wish we lived in a world where you could deanonymize liars and FUDders, sue them for thousands of dollars, and apply a permanent LIAR stamp on their CVs.
Go look at the calculator source code yourself.

>Here to help...
By that they mean, we are going to shit all over your computer that has been running smoothly for the last 10-12 years and if by some miracle the updates that we're going to force onto your computer doesn't irrevocably damage your computer to the point of it being unusable, we're going to steal your data and sell it to some shady third-world shitholers that'll use it to constantly phone you and try so scam into buying "tech" support.
But don't worry about that, you agreed to all of this shit when you clicked that grey out button that said "turn off", so we get off scot-free and if you were dumb enough to take us to court, we'll buy the judge and jury and make sure you run out of money before any sort of "judgement" will be made in our favour.
But remember, we're Microsoft and we're here to help.

Attached: stuart.jpg (474x266, 26K)

actually installing from fresh sp1 (no updates) means you cant install the august 2019 rollup...gotta hide it, search again, install july update, only then sha-2 servicing stack update appears in list...a fucking mess that goes to show how little q&a win 7 gets now at microsoft

people that stick with win 7 are like boomers that refuse to upgrade from their core 2 duo win xp machine.

Oh wow

Attached: my world is changing and I don't like it.jpg (600x467, 44K)

>Please, sir! Please accept this pointless and amateurish chance! My paycheck depends on it!

Attached: uptime 20190829.png (1020x734, 28K)

Needs more cores

>Needs more cores
needs more RAM

Why should i ever downgrade to 10?

Attached: Win7.png (1148x646, 103K)

>And nothing was lost because windows makes automatic backups with file history and restore points.
Except the "upgrades" delete those too for whatever reason.