Am I the only one who thinks this looks like absolute shit? Looks nothing like what a Sapphire should

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like absolute shit? Looks nothing like what a Sapphire should

Attached: title[1].jpg (670x350, 80K)

Other than the red lines, looks like a Sapphire to me. You've forgotten how Sapphire cards usually looked like before the recent 480/580 and Vegas?

just waitâ„¢ for the nitro cards

>caring about how a video card looks
Is this a zoomer thing?
Besides it's miles better than the cheesegrater design they had going with the 480/580.

Also to add, it's a Pulse, not a Nitro. Pulses always look worse since they are lower end.
Here's a Vega Pulse.

Attached: 11276_02_Vega56_Pulse_8GB_3DP_HDMI_800x500_C02.png (800x500, 299K)

Every fucking modern fatass graphics card looks like absolute shit. If your graphics card isn't small form factor and needs anything more than a simple heatsink, it's shit.
>BUT MAH GRAFX
Fuck your shitty modern style-over-substance storygames, they're garbage.

>pulses so hot your house catches on fire

You're telling me, boomers are unable to enjoy form WITH function?

Easy there user, I too had a period where I was poor and couldn't play new games, that doesn't make them bad.

Pulse use lower end power delivery and have lower clocks with worse silicon and reference PCBs. So they actually produce less heat than Nitros.
Nitros have better cooling though.

No need to be so butthurt that people like something you don't (or can't afford).

This is the best looking grafics card
You shit taste cunt

Attached: 11289_01_rx590_nitro_plus_special_edition_8gbgddr5_2dp_2hdmi_dvi_c01-100781339-large[1].jpg (1200x776, 140K)

Do you take it out to grate some cheddar or do you do that inside the case?

>he doesn't know about speed holes

Is it a weight saving measure?
Do you have to tie the card down or it'll just race off through the wall?

>poor
I could go out and buy the top of the line pile of shit right now but I won't because I'm not a fucking retard that thinks this modern shit that passes for gaming is good.
Honestly, I think that every single "gamer" these days should be forced to play only early 80s games for at least a couple of years before playing anything else so they can figure out what actual gaming means without the benefit of LOLGRAFX.

Whoever designed this should be shot.
>take it out of the dark room
>too many photons bend the shroud

Fuck forgot pic

Attached: gigabyte-aorus-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-xtreme-edition-11g-graphic-card-komp2u-1812-11-komp2u@2[1].jpg (1032x581, 87K)

You sound exceedingly bitter.

You sound exceedingly dumb.
Seriously, go play old games. Exclusively. Now. Stop playing new games.
Yes, there are bad old games. But the best old games are by far superior to even the "best" new ones. If you actually took the time to play them and understand games aren't fucking supposed to be about goddamn graphics and story and other goddamn unnecessary BULLSHIT, you'd feel the same way. Gaming has been on a decline since the mid-90s when this style-over-substance and/or storyshit garbage began and is complete and utter goddamn trash now.

The Turing version is way worse. Same shitty, fragile design, but they also gutted the middle fan in favour of adding more RGB LEDs and it doesn't move any air. The "lesser" Gaming OC model, which has three normal fans sitting next to each other, runs a full ten degrees cooler whilst being much quieter.

Attached: AORUS-GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-XTREME-11.jpg (1500x994, 250K)

Is it shroud still made from the thinnest possible sheet metal?
I've had nothing but trouble with Gigabyte in the past few years, next mobo will be Asrock and for GPU's I'm sticking with EVGA/Sapphire.

I actually like this.
Never understood the need for shrouds anyway.

You like it bending at the slightest pressure?

GPUS WITH STANDARD 80-120 FAN MOUNTING PLATES WHEN

>You like it bending at the slightest pressure?
It's a shroud, there is no pressure to it.
Are you talking about backplate?

No, I'm talking about the metal shround bending if you put any kind of pressure on it (like when sticking it in the PCIe slot) and obstructing the fans.
I've had this card, it requires you to be super careful any time you want to take it out/put it in. Either that or 10 minutes of bending the shroud back into shape so the fans can spin freely.

excuse me. Just the best looking cooler to ever exist.

Attached: 03-big-amd-radeon-hd6950-msi-twin-frozr-III.jpg (1360x609, 315K)

>No, I'm talking about the metal shround bending if you put any kind of pressure on it (like when sticking it in the PCIe slot) and obstructing the fans.
Are you retarded? And I'm not being facetious right now.
You literally put the pressure on the (usually plastic) decorative element instead of the metal plate that was designed to increase the structural integrity of the card (i.e. backplate)?

>I've had this card, it requires you to be super careful any time you want to take it out/put it in. Either that or 10 minutes of bending the shroud back into shape so the fans can spin freely.
And you take it out for what exactly?

> gpu has to look good
Lol, do you unscrew your PC every so often to stare at the parts or something?

these cards are shit because of the way the fans stack. had to rma heaps of them

I miss the VaporX ones. They looked awesome.

Pic related is one of my favorite aesthetics, the old Twin Frozr cards were great too. All cards look like shit now, weird asymmetrical designs, pointy shrouds and zero design.

Attached: 1070Ti.jpg (4160x2132, 866K)

This. My 1400MHz stock RX 580 runs way better than others even on a PCIE 1.1 @ 8X
Sapphire's Nitro+ series, always

Looks like a card for
Adam and Steve
where's the rainbow sticker?

so when are the nitros coming out anyway?

Except this card has such a clever design it makes you wonder you this is the only card that ever used it.

This design looks like uninspired Chinese garbage, the red and black version looks even cheaper.

I would've loved a similar look to the nitro+ polaris cards. The msi evoke would the best looking one so far weren't it for the tacky gold color. How hard is it to take the radeon VII's cooler, remove a fan and slap it on a 5700xt? I'd buy that.

>fans are on the bottom where you will probably never see them even with glass panel
>hey let's make them super cool and the top side lol who cares

that being said, evga makes tasteful cards

Attached: IMG_20190610_105443.jpg (3120x4160, 3.27M)

Best looking GPU in recent times. It's shame the card itself wasn't anything special beyond being a Radeon Instinct MI50 for 700 bucks.

Attached: RadeonVII.jpg (620x414, 29K)

Who gives a fuck?

Well, only if you're a boring fart with a boring case and mounting options.
I prefer semi-transparent waterblock though.

Club3D was great, they were a sister company of Powercolor so they used the same PCBs and heatsinks but swapped out the greebly shrouds with much cleaner ones.
Pic related is basically a cleaner looking PCS+.

Attached: 20140713_010612_0[1].jpg (800x450, 221K)

>still waiting for a cooler with the VII design language
Can't believe that fucking MSI is actually the least gaudy aib 5700

Hey, that's my line.

I see that EVGA is done with doing what ever the fuck this design was, pic related.

Attached: 14-487-338-V01.jpg (640x480, 51K)

>we don't want the trypophobe audience

why the fuck is no one selling the R7s cooler (or a 2-fan version) on the 5700? AMD literally had a golden opportunity at redefining their brand and they wasted it.

Oh yeah, I forgot the Radeon VII existed.

XFX should've just brought back their classic style.

Attached: xfx_amd_radeon_hd_7970_black_edition_3[1].jpg (500x393, 32K)

Who cares what it looks like. Stop being a woman.

Why do you all care what the bottom of it looks like anyway? You don't see that. Not a single picture in this thread of the top of a graphics card which you actually see.

Is my card manly?

Attached: 20190829_114831.jpg (2048x1152, 864K)

aesthetic card thread?

Attached: 204a.jpg (974x768, 174K)

Looks like Speed Racer jizzed on a GPU.

Get a windowless case, faggot. Problem solved.

>mfw I almost bought this card pretty much on aesthetics

I want this trend to fucking die. Just a clusterfuck of metallic edges, grills, and bolts.
These actually look good.

The "Vapour-X" sticker looks cheap for some reason.

BORING BOX NO LED GOOD

ANY DESIGN OR COLOR BAD

Attached: AORUS-GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-Xtreme_1-1.jpg (1200x800, 102K)

The box art looks better than the actual card it's self.

Attached: Sapphire-Radeon-RX-5700-XT-PULSE_1-734x740.jpg (734x740, 63K)

Will we get one of these with Navi under the hood? Or should I just attempt to transplant the shroud and heatsink from this one onto a reference PCB?

Attached: Sapphire Radeon R9 290X Tri-X.jpg (200x220, 14K)

Navi 10 is far less power hungry than Hawaii, so the Nitro will probably just have 2 fans.
Maybe big Navi will use triple fans again.

Tied with the Radeon VII as the GPU with the greatest exterior finish.

Attached: Vega 64 Limited Edition.jpg (1672x1254, 336K)

Does anyone know a source for buying GPU shrouds?

Attached: Vega 64 Limited Edition Closeup.jpg (1200x636, 112K)

Radeon Pro cards also deserve a mention.

Attached: serveimage (7).jpg (1920x1080, 423K)

I forgot about those. I bought an Open Box Vega FE for 555$ (that's with the 80$ shipping to Poland) to replace my R9 280X for my planned 2000$ budget workstation. Nothing better I could have gotten at that price point. Gives the Quadro P5000 and P6000 a run for their money.

Peak card design

Attached: download.jpg (600x729, 62K)

These are so fucking sexy.

I actually really liked the 10 series EVGA designs, although I wish the glowing side panel with all the branding wasn't there. Don't know why people hated them so much. Whatever EVGA did with the rtx series is fucking garbage though. Everything else is just rgb chink transformer looking shit.

But it goes inside the computer. You are not supposed to see inside the computer, except when it is open and you are working on it.

Who gives a shit?

The pulse is $10 more than the reference housefire and fixes all of the problems. It's literally the best card to buy.

Shame AIB cards are out of stock everywhere.

Is nitro really gonna be better than pulse? Pulse already seems really great and there's no overclock headroom.

Is nitro really gonna be better than pulse? Pulse already seems really great and there's no overclock headroom.

Who the fuck cares? You're going to put it inside a closed case and not put it on display you shit.

only cards i've ever own to have problems where sapphire, mist, and evga. two evga cards caught on fire (vrm's), one msi caught on fire (vrm), and three sapphire cards that just upped and died with artifacts. only gigabyte and asus i haven't had issues yet. and back then, visontek but they seem to have fallen off the face of the earth.

motherboard wise i've had issues with every single vendor. asus and dying boards to aggressive auto voltages, gigabyte with ram instability with reading xmp profiles (even certified tested kits), asrock with usb ports just up and dying, msi with vrm's that roasted, etc. right now my gigabyte z390 arous elite has been solid though.

only cards i've ever own to have problems where sapphire, mist, and evga. two evga cards caught on fire (vrm's), one msi caught on fire (vrm), and three sapphire cards that just upped and died with artifacts. even recently my buddies evga 980 ti caught on fire with its vrm's. only gigabyte and asus i haven't had issues yet. and back then, visontek but they seem to have fallen off the face of the earth.

motherboard wise i've had issues with every single vendor. asus and dying boards to aggressive auto voltages, gigabyte with ram instability with reading xmp profiles (even certified tested kits), asrock with usb ports just up and dying, msi with vrm's that roasted, etc. right now my gigabyte z390 arous elite has been solid though.

only cards i've ever own to have problems where sapphire, mist, and evga. two evga cards caught on fire (vrm's), one msi caught on fire (vrm), and three sapphire cards that just upped and died with artifacts. even recently my buddies evga 980 ti caught on fire with its vrm's. only gigabyte and asus i haven't had issues yet. and back then, visontek but they seem to have fallen off the face of the earth.

Replacing the fan must be a pain in the ass.

I've always had problems with Gigabyte cards, I kept buying them because they were cheaper than others but from 4 I've owned, 3 died way prematurely.

>not sticking a FAT cpu cooler onto to your gpu and vram
It's like I'm surrounded by fools.

that's not a gpu that's a VHS tape

who fucking cares you virgin
just play with it don't look at it

boomers are guilty of it also, but that's like caring what your car engine looks like. who fucking cares ?

THEY DON'T MAKE EM LIKE THEY USED TO, I TELL YOU WHAT

Attached: done[1].jpg (640x439, 84K)

peak sapphire right here

Attached: 590.jpg (1280x960, 128K)

Attached: 1567024588365.jpg (1200x1200, 291K)

>boomers are unable to enjoy form WITH function?
boomers so heavily value form over function that they delude themselves into thinking sacrificing function for form is good, so they do not enjoy the benefits of functional stuff

in the early 2000's they didn't like new stuff because that was when there was still a little bit of a split on form/function in consumer goods. nowadays everything is vain and sophisticated and barely functional and boomers fucking love it. Its why they all drive cars with touchscreen controls, use apple watches, and get their weather forecasts from cnn

OwO it even matches the colors of my programming socks

>amd

Attached: btfo amd kids.png (611x587, 34K)

>mfw everything jus werks for me
how do I get so lucky

Attached: 1495147543587.png (472x508, 6K)

>no more Gainward Phantom
best aesthetic

Attached: eb492b8c6cdfde01882940de326da266_XL.jpg (750x475, 247K)

too bad it's loud piece of shit

People actually care about the look of their internals? Why?

All GPUs should look like this

Well at least it's not a triple slot card.

Fucking EVGA.

But AMD is on 5700 now
nVidia BTFO

I think he meant thermals

this is easier to work on than most modern engines but yeah fuck looks just let me wrench on my car without retarded tools.

Best looking card ever.

Attached: 8155-IMG4493s-1.jpg (500x277, 52K)