SHUT UP WINDOWS-

Attached: Untitled.jpg (543x630, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

oo-software.com/en/shutup10
winprivacy.de/english-home/
forbes.com/sites/daveywinder/2019/08/28/microsoft-confirms-windows-10-privacy-investigation-with-a-4-billion-sting/#432d14d7b1e7
ameliorated.info
sites.google.com/view/baatzs-workshop
github.com/W4RH4WK/Debloat-Windows-10/blob/master/scripts/optimize-windows-update.ps1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>restart tonight
Eh?

>too dumb to use LTSC or at least Enterprise
I think even the new Pro and Home builds had options to disable automatic updates (but unlike LTSC or Enterprise, it was only up to a few months). You should only ever install security updates and those also manually online, Microsoft has a nice repo for updates that are accessible to consumers and you can install several at once in PowerShell.

>installs Windows 10
>refuses to install updates
>complains about shit breaking
I bet you also bitched about UAC when they introduced it, didn't you?
Then again, UAC wasn't made for retards with admin powers since they would just click on "allow" anyways when they installed their malware-ridden programs.

UAC was just an alternative for an admin to access a system, you should use UAC with a password when dealing with users.
The basic principle of UAC was there since at least NT 4 from the 90's, with user accounts having no admin powers but having an option to "run as admin".

>tfw sudo dnf update --refresh whenever I feel like it
>worst case scenario updating takes 3 minutes
>every other time done in seconds
>no need to reboot even unless it's a kernel update
how you people are willingly using the pile of garbage that is windows is beyond me

Another
>windows update reeeeeeeeeee
thread
A thread died for this.

Learn how to use your OS

Attached: hurr.png (543x367, 9K)

You forgot to mention the part where the update breaks your DE and Xorg and you spend hours googling outdated fixes.

>Just looks like some high contrast theme for visual impaired
always makes me laugh

yet still more functional and less buggy than any freetard DE.

>tfw still on 1803

Works on my machine. Try not being incompetent.

command prompt as administrator
net stop wuauserv

if you stick to professional distributions and not memes like Arch and wannabe Arch #683 you're just as likely to break it as your precious malware OS

Did you disabled updates?
I have enabled updates but i'm still on 1809

Works on my ubuntu machine™

meant for

it's literally the high contrast theme in windows since 98

see

Does anyone know the name of that one program that blocked windows updates and allowed you to configure all windows permissions, I used it for quite a while and it worked pretty well, but i must have deleted it on accident. All i can remember is that its logo was a blue UFO and its name consisted of three letters

have sex

Literal cope. The fact that you have to resort to a completely lobotomized version of your OS meant for Enterprise says enough about it. In no way is it acceptable to not even get bugfixes.

>durrrrrr what is gpedit

if you for some reason use winshit 10 you can disable the updates and some other annoying shit through a program called o&osu10
oo-software.com/en/shutup10

>dumb enough to use windows

Attached: please_standby.jpg (1080x1350, 230K)

Thank me later:
winprivacy.de/english-home/

Lobotomized? You mean, without bloat?
No idea what you think a "OS" means, it's a system that programs run on. It doesn't have to come with programs you know.

Freetards yelling cope because they can't comprehend that not everyone does/thinks the same way as they do (literally NPC minded) is just amazing on so many levels.

What's so imortants fo me updat?

Attached: momomo.png (625x773, 90K)

nothing wrong with this though

>No Restart Manually
>No Manually Install Update

Shut up Windows!!

FTFY

Attached: 1564678397950.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

install gentoo

>no Fuck This I'm Going Back to 8.1
it's like 10 but without telemetry and total update control, fuck it IS 10 without telemetry and total update control

>there are people ITT that are so brain dead they figure out fucking active hours

If you just installed your updates as they came in you wouldn't force Microsoft to make you reboot and install them for your own protection.

Installing updates is the price of using Windows 10, do the needful and install them forthwith.

>8.1
>without telemetry

Attached: a09.jpg (695x547, 40K)

>LTSC
>Making sure you never get feature/software updates
laffin at tards that can't ever get dark mode without a reformat

Yeah just this year switching to linux this was one thing I was surprised about and really enjoy. Such a small thing makes a big dif.

Attached: helC6mg.jpg (700x3471, 331K)

Thank you for defending Microsoft™ Windows®! 50 shillbucks have been deposited to your account!

can i get the location of the gp for this, i've been trying to do this for ages.

forbes.com/sites/daveywinder/2019/08/28/microsoft-confirms-windows-10-privacy-investigation-with-a-4-billion-sting/#432d14d7b1e7

>update Wangdows
>takes an hour
>no changelog
>changes my desktop background

Seriously fuck MS

ironically enough, windows 10 is on the same level as freetard oses now since you have to use hacks to get rid of all the gay shit that microsoft puts in their os. that or use illegal versions of windows ltsc.

CIA

rupees

Not OP, but I'm on 1809 Enterprise and I got the same popup.

>allowing all your privately owned computer hardware to be held hostage by some shitty os with a ocd tantrums
I'm thankful and grateful that the last Windows OS I had the pleasure of using was the Windows 8.1. Which was the Windows 8 version that I started with, before using Windows 7 Ultimate and Pro for years.

Completely avoided all this winfail10 shit.

lol nice try idiot, imagine trying this hard and then no one even replies

Attached: you.png (987x975, 942K)

Search the webs for username/passwords for VisualStudio.com and download all the Enterprise/LTSC/Applications you want.

ameliorated.info

Attached: IMG_20190829_201204_704.jpg (640x640, 47K)

you're not legally allowed to run ltsc on your personal machines. not that it stops people from doing it. my point is there isn't much difference between windows 10 and more popular linux distros if you want to run the software legally.

>been running win10 for two years.
>only seen two major updates that actively wanted me to reboot.
>linuxfags keep making posts as if this stuff happens every day.
Do something useful with your time, fags. Whether you lie, or tell the truth, people still won't switch to your shitty system anyway.

Been using this Baatz ISO that was being shilled 4 months ago here. How fucked am I? 4 months and my identity hasn't been stolen

sites.google.com/view/baatzs-workshop

Attached: Baatz.png (1060x490, 310K)

Btw this is almost the fastest Win10 can get tweak wise

>downloading and running random shit off Jow Forums
Do you like hurting yourself?

how the FUCK do I get this window back? When you right-click on the sound icon in your task tray, the "Sounds" option is no longer there because Microfuck removed it with their update. I searched everywhere in other sound/settings windows but I can't find it at all

Attached: ssdfsdf.jpg (392x447, 31K)

Sauce?

>ameliorated.info
looks like a big fucking botnet

i just realized it was gone too, i'm fucking livid

I have it in Finnish but it's Settings -> Sounds(?) -> Sound control Panel(?) right at the bottom

hAhA, get fucked normies

Attached: Capture.png (414x461, 13K)

>"It may take multiple restarts"
>it restarts 8 times

Attached: 1528779261157.jpg (705x527, 247K)

Win10 Pro using settings from github.com/W4RH4WK/Debloat-Windows-10/blob/master/scripts/optimize-windows-update.ps1

Damn, didn't realise they worked so well... maybe it's time to update.

Attached: 2019-08-29_20-24-58.png (413x220, 11K)

breaking windows update is not the same as being able to pick when and what updates get installed. breaking windows update is tantamount to not having any updates. and when you don't bother with updates you may as well be using windows 7. infact you should be using windows 7 anyways.

Attached: just do it.jpg (1200x800, 155K)

>yet still more functional and less buggy than any freetard DE.
You fucking wish. It has nothing on Dolphin.

And then it took 3 hours and 8 restarts.

It never makes any outbound connections though

>what is Group Policy Editor

>WAHHH I HAVE TO REBOOT EVERY FEW WEEKS MUH FREEDOMS

see

Attached: OP.png (211x239, 5K)

Win+R
mmsys.cpl

Attached: 1566603826890.png (680x680, 124K)

help pls

WPD

>not just blocking every windows service in the firewall
stop being such cucks

this

Arch updates never broke anything on my machine. Really have no idea what you people are memeing about

>taskbar get lighter and its transparency get blurrier with every update
Why do they keep doing this? When I first started using Windows 10 a year or so ago the taskbar was black and there was no blur on the transparency. Now the taskbar is grey and the blur is so strong that they might as well just average it out to one colour across the whole thing.