/pcbg/

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>AAA or multiplatform games: Radeon card appropriate for your montior
>PC centric or VR games: Nvidia card appropriate for your display
>Used RX 570s can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p 16:9
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/258739/amd-readies-three-hedt-chipsets-trx40-trx80-and-wrx80
babeltechreviews.com/vr-wars-the-rtx-2070-vs-the-gtx-1080-vs-the-vega-64/
i.red[dee]it/mzuro16z5nyy.png
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rz47WqRDDK4
tomshardware.com/news/amd-nvidia-gpu-market-share-report,40266.html
dataland.tmall.com/?spm=a220o.1000855.1997427133.d4918065.4487328ez40dtw
techreport.com/review/3464684/nvidias-rtx-super-and-amds-radeon-rx-5700-series-graphics-cards-reviewed
pcpartpicker.com/list/LJKgdX
twitter.com/AnonBabble

techpowerup.com/258739/amd-readies-three-hedt-chipsets-trx40-trx80-and-wrx80

didn't an user come here earlier claiming to be an insider, and said the new threadripper would be a different socket?

>>AAA or multiplatform games: Radeon card appropriate for your montior
>>PC centric or VR games: Nvidia card appropriate for your display
based on heckin what

Attached: 1563876409784.jpg (500x456, 56K)

Should I get an RX 5700 xt or RTX 2060 Super? The xt has higher fps but the 2060s has better drivers, cooler, and RTX. What do?

some comments
>psu
650w is fine
>case
get whatever meme case you think looks good, it really, really doesn't matter though
>cpu
if you can find the x variant for slightly more like a tenner then get that because it'll be better binned
rest of it is good
btw I have a phanteks p300 and it's not great when it comes to cable management so maybe check pcpartpicker and see what the most popular case is and just get that

5700xt retard

I was gonna get this tomorrow (minus the GPU) but now I'm getting compatibly issues even though that wasn't there before.

What am I doing wrong?

Attached: GPUneverever.png (1397x833, 98K)

Yeah, I guess it's no big deal. The important thing is that it does really well under heavy load. In fact I'm not sure I've ever pushed it into the 60s

>but the 2060s has better drivers
That remains to be tested.

the fact that it has functional drivers at all puts it above the 5700XT in that category

I though you meant old game driver support.

VR: babeltechreviews.com/vr-wars-the-rtx-2070-vs-the-gtx-1080-vs-the-vega-64/
>Although the RX Vega 64 liquid-cooled edition is in the same class as the GTX 1080 and the RTX 2070, it falls behind both of these cards in VR performance.
PC centric games: e.g, PUBG
i.red[dee]it/mzuro16z5nyy.png
AAA games: m.youtube.com/watch?v=rz47WqRDDK4

what case/fans should I get (want something that can really seal dust and hair out), and anything I should add/change? already have a newish 1TB HDD for extra storage at home. prices are in canadollars

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-29 System Builder.png (1233x601, 44K)

There should be a dot after the second d in the above link red[dee].it

If that's for gaming, definitely get the 3600 as opposed to the 2700

I bought an nVidia GeForce RTX2060 Gigabyte WindForce 2X PCI-E 6144Mb. It is terribly quiet compared to my old GTX770 (also a gigabyte, but it had 3 fans).

Im planning on getting a pfsense setup at home. My question is how loud are these used dell optiplexes? Do I need to add anything apart from a 2

Attached: opti.png (1136x659, 265K)

what's a good atx mobo to get with that? the one I have there would have bios issues

Attached: 1567092540358.jpg (4656x3492, 1.64M)

I have a Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6050, 1GB DDR4, PCI Express 2.0, Im planning to buy a new GPU when I save more money, my question is, can I still use it in a new build for a while? Im upgrading everything, new mobo, new ram by defect, new cpu, everything new except the GPU, will it even work if the slots are PCIE 3.0?

Thanks a lot for reading

Attached: round-chatham-lab-grown-blue-sapphire-gems_1800x1800.png (1023x1024, 328K)

Are you fucking complaining its quieter??

First world problems

>8 channel ram hedt
holy fuck boys my inner buypig is screaming

Dust comes at the expense of airflow. So basically get a case with very shitty airflow if you want as little dust as possible

Pretty much everything comes with dust filters now anyway

it should work, but I am not sure about driver support.

tomshardware.com/news/amd-nvidia-gpu-market-share-report,40266.html

amd outselling nvidia in gpus now. wasn't there a guy here who insisted this wasn't happening?

Give me a list of shit to do after building pc.
I installed and updated windows, installed ryzen drivers, installed radon drivers, and now I dont know what to do.
I want to leave oc for when I have a bit more time on my hands.
I think I should run benchmarks,but I have no idea what to use. In the mean time ill use the rainbow 6 benchmark function while changing my settings up.

> Are you fucking complaining its quieter??
When I removed the old video card, my system was generally silent until I installed 2060. A very strange feeling.
> First world problems
Don't think that Russia is first world now.

You download games and start cock showing your FPS and HD textures packs

overclock ram if you're willing. very time consuming but there's performance gains to be had.
oc processor if intel, just enable pbo if amd
could overclock gpu but honestly don't bother, I would even recommend against this

use chocolatey if on new install of windows

Comrade, are you willing to help me out?

I have an Optiplex 390, it's not loud at all, threw in a 1050 Ti and it served me well

I am still in the process of setting up the Windows after reinstallation.

>cooler
They're virtually identical power consumption. If you want lower power consumption, get the much more efficient 5700.
>drivers
RTX drivers were shit the first 3 or 4 months after launch, too. Navi drivers will be straightened out over the upcoming month,s too.

>comparing to vega instead of Navi
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this isn't suspicious at all.
He's just a tard.

>b-but muh Steam Laptops Survey!!!
ya he's paid to not accept that.

How long do you think it would take you?

delete this post
buy super

>Don't think that Russia is first world now
Try living in Mexico for a week, see how first world kinda like your Country is, You will love your motherland even more, Smirnoff

>red devil still not available
I'm getting pretty upset right now

Can't say for sure, but OEMs tend to cheap out on everything that isn't absolutely essential. With any luck the socket (LGA1150) mounting isn't some custom bullshit, in which case you could go for an under-clock and passively cool the CPU. Pfsense will manage on much less horsepower if this is for a home or small business network.

So, huh, which motherboard should I even get? You guys tell me every brand is shit, now I dont even know which one is supposed to be a good brand, I want a nice mobo for gaming

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

dataland.tmall.com/?spm=a220o.1000855.1997427133.d4918065.4487328ez40dtw

the 5700 xt red devil isn't regular stock yet, that means it will be even longer before it's regular stock by western reselllers
stock will continue to trickle in but if you just can't wait a few weeks you might want to get the sapphire instead

Attached: 迪兰恒进.png (1308x1219, 1.14M)

> How long do you think it would take you?
I need to install Siemens NX and crak it, unfortunately, this is not a very fast process. In addition, I do not have any of the games you have listed. Of course, I can download a cracked one from torrents, but..

what socket? gigabyte is making the best x570 boards by far. highly recommend.

AM4 prefered

Redpill me on the red devil meme, What makes it so good that you are willing to accept waiting a month or more just to get it? Aint Saphire always better that those flashy names?

gigabyte if x570, probably msi if non-x570 am4

>I need to install Siemens NX and crak it,
Don't even know what that is.
>I do not have any of the games you have listed. Of course, I can download a cracked one from torrents, but..
Don't care how you do it, the studio that made the game is long ago disbanded.
If you only have one to do, please test "Sacrifice" and hey, maybe heck you will enjoy the game as well.
The version I used for tests was the GOG version.

> Don't even know what that is.
well, some kind of engineering software.
> If you only have one to do, please test "Sacrifice" and hey, maybe heck you will enjoy the game as well.
Well, I'll try.

There are no VR benchmarks for Navi that I can find, and I search every day. Babeltech said they'll benchmark Navi in VR, and they're really the only VR benchmarkers, so it's a Just Wait situation. As such, Navi should not be purchased for VR until benchmarks come out, at least if you're not a shithead fanboi (aka you). Anecdotally, Pimax users can't even use their headsets with Navi

in general 3 fan gpus are greatly superior to 2 fan gpus in noise and thermals
a small premium for a 3 fan version is typically worth it over a 2 fan alternative
sapphire decided to launch with a 2 fan aib, powercolor/dataland decided to launch with a 3 fan aib
due to extremely high demand for the gpus supply has been very hard to keep up with

i can wait 2-3 weeks i guess but longer than a month is going to be problematic

techreport.com/review/3464684/nvidias-rtx-super-and-amds-radeon-rx-5700-series-graphics-cards-reviewed
kek.

blow-through cooler design.
One of the quietest 200W+ GPUs ever made, not just the quietest of Navi.
Sapphire's Nitro+ isn't out yet.

>in general 3 fan gpus are greatly superior to 2 fan gpus in noise and thermals
Not necessarily.
2 fan GPUs are also 95 or 100mm fans which are more quiet while having similar CFM. The fan motor type and blade design also matters.
Gigabyte makes triple fan cards which are loud as shit and louder than most dual fan.
What you said is completely wrong and it's just coincidental as to that particular 3 fan being more quiet.

The FAQ in the non-shit OP even goes over heatsink and fan design and notes that dual fan can be more quiet, as well.

>Not necessarily.
yes, not necessarily. just in general. which is what I said in general. what I said is correct.

thanks user makes sense. I want to run a vpn server and carefully monitor outgoing connections instead of having some shitty AV installed on all devices

I am unbelievably upset that after going through all that grueling work, even paying for the extra shipping costs from newegg instead of amazon for the game pass, that I cant even play dmc5 for free.
It's been less than a day, I dont want to infest my fresh baby with fitgoy miners for free games

>It's been less than a day, I dont want to infest my fresh baby with fitgoy miners for free games
My bruh. Install avast it'll catch the miner.
Got my dmc5 from fitgirl and loving it.

Upgrade from 1070 to super 2070
Worth it?

>>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>>R5 2600/X - Good gaming CPU with great value
>>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>>R9 3900X - Professional tasks
FUCK YOU BASTARD SIR

Attached: 1544667387109.png (813x1402, 324K)

You're retarded and wrong.

It literally says the MB has a power connector that the PSU doesn't supply...

And for the love of tits, don't do a small ssd with a mechanical hdd. Just get a large ssd. For what you're spending on both drives, you can easily get a 500+GB ssd, maybe a 1TB for a bit more cash.

>6050
You mean 6850?
Yes, you can use it in newer builds, PCIe is backwards compatible. AMD offers drivers for it from XP to Win10.

What motherboard would be best for the 3600, I was thinking of waiting for b450 tomahawk MAX but I haven’t found a release date, so should I wait or buy something else? Also are cases important, I was looking at cases with fans preinstalled. Do the fans last or should I buy my own

>What motherboard would be best for the 3600
The one that fits your case, has the features you need, at a price you can afford.

I usually go with Seasonic, I'm pretty disappointed they aren't compatible.

I didn't get this warning a few days ago. God dammit this is annoying

Attached: 1550463160200.gif (540x240, 2.3M)

I've built a PC for a friend some time ago and it's already starting to underperform.
It was built on a very tight budget and has a 3rd gen i5 3570, a shit motherboard and 16gb's of 1600mhz ram. The GPU is an RX 570.
Should I try and convince him to drop the i5 and the 16gb's of DDR3 ram and replace them with some cheap 6-core ryzen-based system?
What's the lowest amount of money he can spend to upgrade?

Attached: 1566656429912.jpg (600x637, 168K)

You'll never need the additional 4 pin power for your CPU, it's meant for LN2 overclocking and other stupidness.

For 3600 and up to 3600x it really doesn't matter, if it has heatsinks on the mossfets and the average 4 vram cores you're set.

Underperform in what? You can just upgrade the GPU

Ok user, give me a good reason for which going with a smaller ssd storage is better than an hybrid but bigger storage.

Unless you have fast 300mbps+ internet, you wont be able to download more than 2 or 3 games to your SSD.

So unless you want to play games on your HDD (dog shit slow), or redownload your games whenever you want to play something different, you should get a larger SSD.

oh so its ok then? i don't plan on overclocking

A friend of mine is offering to sell me a Wraith Spire for 15 bucks but for 20 I could get the Gammax 400 instead. Which is better?

Yup, it's for additional power for heavy OCing, not at all needed for stock operation, or even a normal OC.

wraith spire comes with processors why are you buying one

He's experiencing massive stutters in video games.
The rx 570 is still decent since he plays on a 1080p 60hz monitor, but the 4cores/4 thread of his intel processor are holding the performance back.
Is it a good idea for hit to upgrade to a ryzen 5 2600 with some cheap DDR4 2660mhz ram and a low-end b350/b450 motherboard? He won't overclock and I'm not sure he'll even set the XMP in the bios, but I still want him to have a good experience.

Attached: 1535440791123.jpg (1400x700, 100K)

good shit.
thank you user, saved me a headache

Attached: 3fe408ea2054115caec5b613f1d0a67f0f85c393e7e10fb3aef25fa5595077e5.jpg (1072x1080, 93K)

>ryzen 5 2600
I meant a ryzen 5 1600. They are the cheapest 6 core ryzens where I live.

What motherboard should I get for a R5 3600?
Tomahawk MAX is currently sold out

2600 came with stealths.

If I remember the socket and single 4 pin ATX 12v is around 150w total power.

The additional 4 pin adds another 75w or so of headroom.

The 3700x uses around 90-100w at most at stock settings. So just using 1 of the 4 pin should be more than fine.

Yes the 4c/4t will hold you back severely in recent games.
A 1600 would be a fine upgrade. But make sure you overclock RAM to at least 2800. Also make sure you do 2 sticks of memory as a single stick will also sometimes cause stutters.

neat

the cheapest one, all am4 mobos will be obsolete by next year

pcpartpicker.com/list/LJKgdX

first time in a while that I was looking up PC parts, got the SSD and the RAM for dirt cheap from a retailer

any suggestions for the PSU and fan?
also, PCpartpicker says the Mobo might need to be updated with another CPU to work with the the R5 3600, what's that all about?

Upgrading wouldn't hurt, but stuttering could sometimes be fixed by turning on V-Sync. Getting a FreeSync monitor would also help. Yes the 4c/4t could be a factor, but aside from games like Battlefield V that GPU is still the bottleneck

Bought a 5700 blower for 369€. It was 80€ less than XT blower, 50 - 100€ less than 5700 AIB and 90 - 200€ cheaper than AIB XT. I was going to get XT AIB initially but the price difference here just can't be justified in my opinion. I hope it will be reasonably quiet with an undervolt but frankly the MSI GTX 970 Gaming X it will replace sounds like a jet engine already so I won't be bothered unless it's awfully noisy.

1. That CPU cooler isn't exactly an upgrade over the stock one. Go with the stock cooler first, and only upgrade if you're uncomfortable with the temps and noise
2. EVGA G3 is a better PSU for $5 more
3. The mobo doesn't support the CPU out of the box, it needs a BIOS update. Some retailer can do that for you

My PC is having massive slowdowns, it doesnt crash, it doesnt get any error pop ups, nothing, it justs stops doing anything it was doing and resumes activity as normal, I dont see any spikes in Ram or CPU usage, I dont even see anything using a lot of resources, what should I check?

Attached: 250px-CD_autolev_crop.jpg (250x250, 11K)

A cheap X570 or any B450 if you have the means to upgrade the BIOS somehow.

5700 blower is a fine buy. The price is really good and it's low enough power consumption that the blower works fine.

>1. That CPU cooler isn't exactly an upgrade over the stock one.
Wrong.
Still a bad choice though and the freezer 34 would be better.
You can get a better SSD for that price. Quit memeing about brands, especially a brand which hasn't been relevant for 5 years.

Does rating matter much for a PSU?

It's not that loud at all, above 60-70% you start to get kind of a high pitched whine and that's really what makes it annoying.

>all am4 mobos will be obsolete by next year
Wtf? Is this true?

AMD is quoted as saying AM4 will be used until 2020, but it doesn't mean AM5 will suddenly release, i can see AM4 being used until 2022.

Best motherboard for a Ryzen 3700x?

Thoughts on this build?

I'm holding out for Nvidia 3xxx/AMD whatever. I do a fair bit of CAD, music production and gaming at 1440p.

Attached: Soon™.png (1924x1227, 113K)

If you look closely 2060s way better than 5700xt.

Obsolete? How so?

Why would anyone need more than 32gb of Ram? Even for gaming is Overkill

Vsync won't fix stutters, it fixes tearing.
Freesync won't help with stuttering
4c/4t is a factor, a 4c/8t is minimum these days for everything going on in a PC
His CPU is the heavy bottleneck, hands down.

>music production
I thought audiofags' only option is Intel for latency reasons?

Attached: 1554467275424.gif (256x256, 352K)