Just got the best price to performance build without getting "clowned and punked" as they say

Just got the best price to performance build without getting "clowned and punked" as they say

Are you proud Jow Forums?

Attached: IMG_20190829_115542.jpg (4000x3000, 1.76M)

No

>9400f
so you got low frequency and gimped non-hyper cored piece of shit processor
what a fucking retard, lmao@urlife

I bought a 9th gen intel, but I did it waaaay back in November 2018.

A 9700k back then was actually a decent purchase, these days i'd just get Ryzen 3000 unless you REALLY need the single core performance, and even then, i wouldn't suggest a 9400f, i'd minimally suggest the 9600k.

>9 gen
>i5
>MSI

F U C K I N G
K E K

Return that garbage.

>waaaay back in November 2018
is this what it's like to be underage?

I'm probably older than you, or at least similar age.

If I was retarded and wanted something Intel, I'd buy without HT too, that shit's mitigated, might as well pay less for the effective same.

yes but then you get the 9600k or 9700k which both don't have hyper threading, but can both OC to 5ghz+

i'm 29, you little shit

I'm 41

>Intel

Who would willingly put Intel into their system??? The only time I use Intel is if it comes built into the computer.

noOoOOoooOOo

Attached: 1492855909643.png (1228x1502, 944K)

Based,
Pic related is mine

Attached: IMG_20190808_145643397.jpg (3024x4032, 2.77M)

lack of HT just means the cores are shit
so you get shit single-core perf

I have the same board OP - good choice but the CPU is hot garbage, Also you'll probably need to do a BIOS update to support that CPU since it only supports 8th gen out of the box.

you're a crazy boomer if you actually bought a processor in november, then
"waaaay back in 2018" lmao my 6700k still feels like it was yesterday in 2015

>no hyperthreading
lmaoing at ur lyfe rn

Attached: 1559224835916.png (691x913, 639K)

how poor are you?

...what?

Are you stupid?

9700k and 9900k have basically identical single core performance (at stock the 9900k is clocked 100mhz higher).

The only difference between the two is the 9700k doesn't have HT, the 9900k does (and is clocked 100mhz higher)

He's LARPing he isn't me.

I did buy it back in November, and the point I was making that buying it a full 8 months before the Ryzen 3000 launch it was still a decent purchase.

Buying it now is dumb unless you absolutely must have the single core performance.

I didn't actually mean November of last year was a long time ago, don't be a fucking retard user.

Attached: 2019-08-29 12_27_52.png (412x108, 4K)

SHITEL POZZED STUTTERING HOUSEFIRES BTFO
>SHITEL POZZED STUTTERING HOUSEFIRES BTFO

OP here,
The build is excellent, I'd recommend it.
>I immediately noticed very low input lag.
>I get about 20ms less in Human Benchmark than on my 2600K system
>Idle voltage is extremely low while keeping 4GHz all core (unlike on some other platforms with "observer effect" lmao)
>300 FPS capped in Overwatch which I use for CPU benches
Also, the ram is supposedly B-die so It might get even less latency if I tune it.
Ryzenlets will never know this feeling

Attached: Latency.jpg (1729x999, 238K)

Attached: 4L_ODJxjaVT.png (300x258, 52K)

of course they do, you fucking retard, when you turn HT off. but nobody does that IRL, now, do they?

And that memory latency of 55ns there is actually pretty high for the 9th gen platform.
I know the 9900k/9700k can hit ~45ns

Though Ryzen 3000 hits 70-80ns

...no not when you turn off HT, just in every benchmark that tests single core performance.

Please don't be retarded user.

>single core
you mean single thread
lmao@ur life

don't get baited by the little zoomer drone m8

Jesus user, your retardation is showing.

There is a difference between a core and a thread.

Threads share hardware resources, a core doesn't.

Doing a single threaded operation on a 9900k uses the entire core, just like on a 9700k.

>hello fellow 6700k owner

Attached: 1543830377709.png (1242x1394, 844K)

get over it, user
non-ht processors are fucking shit

upgraded from a 50W L5420 with the 775 mod because i wanted more ram and nvme boot
1080ti as well
thanks for reading my blog post :^)

bro i have the same ram but in 3000MHz version, and when i run hwinfo64 it doesnt show its 3000Mhz, just so you dont get scared user

turn your XMP profile on, retard

I bet it showed 1500...
user DDR means double data rate

i'll survive somehow i'm sure.

Attached: 2019-08-29 13_13_47.png (400x403, 16K)

I hope you're just joking, dude.

oh true user it does! I swaped to amd and activated the 3000MHz in bios that was showing as a #1PROFILE but didnt know if it was something else

I guess you meant what i just said user

i expected hwinfo to show me the same as the box of the ram said desu... my bad

Me too

Attached: Screenshot_20190829-182849_Gallery.jpg (1124x524, 399K)

>Doing a single threaded operation on a 9900k uses the entire core, just like on a 9700k.
>same frequency
>single thread
>for (((some))) reason it's lower on the non-ht
wow

>aorus shitty cooler
>kraken spyware shit software

>same frequency
they're not the same frequency.

They have the same BASE frequency, the 9900k clocks higher at stock though with turbos.

Should have just bought a used 6700k and a Z170 motherboard, that's real price to performance. The RAM is decent for Intel.
Add a cheap Cryorig cooler and a Seasonic PSU and you'd push out better single core than a 3900X. While being better than a 9400F at stock frequencies.

Considering that used 6700k's are the same price as new 9400F's and a Z170 new is a fraction of the price of a Z390.

No idea what you faggots are arguing about, too lazy to read it all.
If you have more than 6 cores, disabling HT will be beneficial for gaming, since it actually hurts single core performance and latency and nothing needs more than 6 cores when it comes to games. Lets face it, that's what you faggots do with your "rigs" since otherwise you wouldn't buy consumer chips.

overclock it and it still won't be the same.

not him, but the 9900k clocks 100mhz higher.
Also, the reference scores are done on a bare installation without running anything in the background, most people don't go and do that for their own benchmarks unless they're trying to break records. So assuming he had some programs in the background running, like chrome, steam, discord, etc. That could easily explain the 20-30 point difference.

z270 for nice usb 10gbps ports

Z170 and Z270 are identical with the only difference being that Z270 has 4 more PCIe lanes in it's specs for NVMe, while most higher end Z170 have them anyways added by OEMs.
Anything else is OEM specific.

Lovely stuff user, you rich faggot

>Aorus cooler
wtf he's using an NZXT cooler

I was talking about the 2080 ti cooler from gigabyte, it's trash and overpriced, he should have gotten a ftw3.

based and redpilled

Attached: 5.jpg (800x600, 70K)

550 is 4.6-4.7ghz territory
580 is definitely OC'd 5ghz
Oh god it's the "punked and clowned" poster

Buying and i5 in late 2019. Enjoy being a threadlet

I am still using my 3770k from 2012 with GTX 1070.

Should I consider upgrading? I only play Dota 2 and Path of Exile.

If I were to upgrade, what can I buy to last me 7+ more years?

Thanks friendos.

Attached: 1525275010918.jpg (440x660, 75K)

hope you're winning with your new toys son

>buying intcel only to be edgy
eric, is that you?

>locked i5
>Z chipset
You're a moron.

Attached: 1555682099518.jpg (614x1024, 272K)

>tfw I bought a 8600k and b350
What does that make me?

If it's literally a gaming rig where security and multitasking doesn't matter, what else would you buy? Intel is still the best at single core and latency.

Nah Aorus is elite.
Where's the Corsair Commander Pro you imbecile?

Not really but that cpu should be changed in liek 1 or 2 years from now thats the i7 right? Your gpu is still rather good for the majority of games especially at 1080p.

That's nothing, I got an 8700 and paired it with a Z370 Gaming 7 lol

That makes you a no less of a moron, because you bought a CPU intended for OC to put into a mobo that is not intended for OC.

You do realize there are other benefits to Z chipsets other than overclocking? Higher clocked RAM support, more USB ports, firmware RAID support, etc. Not to mention all the extra goodies board partners but on their higher end (that are usually Z) boards, like WiFi and higher end audio.

Bro don't forget the premium RGB elements.

No idea, my Z170 board doesn't have any RGB.

I take solace in the fact that 98-99% of K sku owners don't OC anyway

I don't think so, almost everyone I know with a K CPU and a Z board has at least a slight OC, since it's literally:
>add 400MHz
>add 150mV
>done
And there's shitloads of YouTube videos how to do it. I'd say 2/3th's don't.

>higher clocked RAM support
Memory controller is in CPU
>more USB ports and RAID support
What is extension cards.
Would be cheaper to get those than a Z chipset motherboard if you really need all that shit.

In the end, Z chipsets are for enthusiasts and only make sense using those along with a enthusiast tier CPU.

>non-ECC RAM
enjoy your random inexplicable bluescreens

>Memory controller is in CPU
Doesn't matter. It's probably a artificial lock but try to run 3600MHz or even 3200MHz memory on something like a H or B chipset, though luck, not that you need it since you can't anyways.

>What is extension cards.
Extra money and space, bigger case., compatibility issues. Might as well buy a motherboard that has everything you need. Plus these are not the only things, there's a bunch more, usually board partner specific.

>In the end, Z chipsets are for enthusiasts and only make sense using those along with a enthusiast tier CPU.
Oh no, how dare goyim buy a motherboard instead of expansion cards! Must buy more shit!

I'll teach you a trick, it's very easy!
>does your current computer run your programs with satisfactory performance?
>>Yes
Then don't upgrade.
>>No
Upgrade to something that offers the performance you need.

You should but also consider spending less on a CPU so you can save for a GPU upgrade later. Even something like a 3600 for 200 bucks will carry the 2020 GPUs even at 1080p.

My display is 1440p 165hz GSync so I'm thinking I need something beefier.

I was originally going to replace my R9 280X that went with my 4770K since the warranty period in which i could RMA the card was already 2 months passed, doubt MSI would be generous enough. So i just removed the heatsink and applied new thermal compound, did help but not with the artifacting. Now I have completely destroyed the 'Warranty Void if Removed' Sticker.

>9400f
OH NO NO LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

Locked CPUs get higher benchmarks on Z motherboards.

>I am 41
aren't you supposed to have a wife, kids? something better than hanging out with the losers here?

why the bracket?

why the bracket?

Does anyone have any benchmarks of the performance hit enabling all 30+ security mitigations has on an intel processor like an i5-9400F in OPs pic?

I already know SSD performance is sliced in half from spectre and meltdown patches alone but what about MDS, zombieload, RIDL, Fallout, and all the other new side-channel attacks?

Asking because I'm seriously considering an i5-9400F or a 3600X (mainly for the beefier cooler) for my next build.

Attached: 950_Atto.png (1316x1634, 85K)

>I already know SSD performance is sliced in half from spectre and meltdown patches alone but what about MDS, zombieload, RIDL, Fallout, and all the other new side-channel attacks?
9th gen has hardware fixes for some of that, and it doesn't have hyper threading, making it immune to certain other ones.

If there were actually some massive performance hit, you'd have some tech blogger raging about it.

there are enough AMD fans among the tech bloggers that i'm sure one of them has tried to find some massive performance hit to showcase against intel, but they haven't.

Nice FUD, even the author of that slide admitted it could've been an error causing the variation, muh mitigations do nothing

I'm 69 you're mom heuheusheurheueheu

You say one thing, but you come off sounding so insecure about it that I'm disinclined to believe you.

So do your own testing and get millions of youtube views

obviously if there is some massive performance hit no one knows about, it'll be a huge deal if you can prove it.

There are plenty of benchmarks on this issue, you can go look at them. What do you expect, somebody to come over and whack you over the head with them?

Lmao, no there aren't, if there were the AMD shill over in /pcbg/ would be spamming them non-stop, he already dregs up random ass foreign language benchmarks that favor AMD.

>the best price to performance
that's not a Bristol Ridge 950

>best price to performance
you mean the i3 9100f?

You mean the i3 9100f is the best performance to price?

That board will support 9th gen Intel out of the box just fine.
t. poorfag with same parts combo

diskonnect

>390
this is good bait

Based

>best price to performance
>6C/6T i5-9400F
>z390 Motherboard
>DDR4 3200Mhz
Good job fucktard, you just wasted your money
>not getting Ryzen 5 2600 or 3600
>b450 motherboard