Previous thread:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Attached: AEE8E9BF-E6F5-4324-98BB-7969C4D9DB1E.jpg (2235x2140, 1.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/8qfz5r/windows_10_advanced_display_settings_bit_depth/e6s3krn/
warosu.org/g/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is anyone using Iridium?
I turned my Bookmarks Bar off but it still shows up when I launch a new tab. Holy goddamn why can't browsers just work properly and allow the user to choose what they DO and DO NOT want instead of this bullshit "this option turns it OFF but only some of the time haha"

Attached: constipated Tsuru.jpg (104x125, 4K)

blonde hair on boys > blond hair on girls

What browser should I use if I open a lot of tabs? I don't give a shit about politics or whatever, just whatever has the best multi-tab performance

So how the hell do you write "good" cmakelists/makefiles for projects? I want to make bigger projects and structure them in a more practical or conventional way but I am a total brainlet about writing up makefiles instead of depending an IDE to do it.

If I post a question about Manjaro here since the GNU/Linux question thread is dead, will I die?

How likely am I to get v& for browsing the Triforce on the hospital open wifi?

Attached: 'nu' goes in middle field.png (600x581, 276K)

I don't give a shit about what you want, I just want to shill Opera and Vivaldi because I like them

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit. The other day, I ran an update with WSUS. After a reboot, I was met with the top image. It just loops this and the bios splash screen endlessly. The F8 trick doesn't work beacuse I disabled some things (using the wiki guide in one of the OP links) to make it start faster. I can get into the bios, but it's Aorus's weird proprietary bios so there's no recovery options. Can't get into safe mode at all. I wiped my install usb stick for other purposes, but I remade it using the exact program and iso I used to initially install win7. I went to the repair installation screen, and was met with the lovely message on the bottom. I was told to use systemrescuecd, so I put that on the stick and that's where I'm currently posting from. The new issue is that I'm retarded when it comes to stuff like this and I have absolutely no idea what to do. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this nonsense, or point me in the right direction?

Attached: ffffffff.jpg (1000x1000, 316K)

My gpu has 5 ports: hdmi, dvi-i and 3 dp
My mobo has 2 hdmi ports
Currently I'm using an hdmi monitor linked to my gpu and a secondary monitor linked via vga->dvi-i adapter to the same gpu
Am I going to see a drop in performances if I just buy two vga -> hdmi adapters on amazon and link two secondary monitors to my mobo while keeping the main monitor linked to the gpu? vga -> hdmi is cheaper than vga -> dp

How do I keep my fucking cats off my keyboard

sit on it yourself

Deploy a decoy keyboard.

>not already owning a keyboard cover

Pleb

what are some good bash projects?
i need some for my github portfolio

If they jump directly onto it, try putting up a barrier to the sides. If they make their way to it, obsctruct their path with random objects.

Can't you reset the BIOS by shorting the jumper or removing the battery?

How would that help.

I’ve tried this. I have a Bengal so he kinda just rubs through everything

No idea. Won't that keep the proprietary bios though? I was never given an option to use that or the default. It looks like this, by the way.
I'm so sorry.

Attached: not my image.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

Not worth the hassle. Just connect everything to the main GPU

Put a shoe box (empty) next to it.

By resetting you'll be able to access safe mode since quick boot is disabled by default. Worst comes to worst you'd need to reinstall Windows

Are there any VPNs that work with Amazon Video?

i need a laptop that's quiet and stays that way while not getting hot when i have multiple tabs opened in chrome playing 1080p60 etc. any recommendations?

Now that’s a fucking good idea

i just bought an SSD, installed it so how do i put windows into SSD and boot with it, while letting my HDD files remain

Will it reset the boot settings even though I did all of that from msconfig? I've never touched the bios.

Macrium Reflect

agreed
what's the triforce?
If you're programming and writing applications in *sh, you're doing it wrong.
GitHub just added CI/CD pipelines. Maybe you could use bash in the process of implementing that into a project written in another language. Pipelines are trendy these days.
It would be extremely painful

Attached: cicd-pipeline-mit-gitlab-ci-und-kubernetes-14-638.jpg (638x359, 45K)

wat do

Attached: ReflectBin_2019-08-29_19-42-16.png (1577x399, 27K)

are there any foss alternatives to daemon tools lite that you can run on windows?

Windows already has built in image mounting.
Daemon Tools is bloatware already for multiple years now, the alternative is WinCDEmu which is also open source. Not sure about its license though, you need to check yourself.

Upgraded my PC's graphics card and added a SSD as a boot drive, when I left he's having problems booting up the PC, the BIOS splash screen won't show up and pressing Delete, F2, F11 ect won't work and the DVI from the monitor is connected to the GPU not the motherboard. Any ideas what's going on?

3-2-1 backup rule. What is the best way to do it? Is it a bad idea to use a usb drive for backup media?

thanks

got my new PC set up but the graphics card isn't listed here; is that normal? I'm using an AMD card, Vega 56
it shows up in the Device Manager under Display Adaptors however, and I have the AMD Radeon Settings thing installed, afaik that's the Nvidia Control Panel equivalent for AMD, right?

Attached: pc.png (479x324, 15K)

It doesn't show the GPU there.
Task manager -> Performance tab should have it listed if you want to get details of it.

ah right, think I got it then, cheers

Attached: n.png (881x551, 26K)

What's the least dogshit book reader for android?
Book Reader from F-Droid seems to be skipping me forward a page whenever I quit the thing and open it again.

Please respond.

Stop using Iridium. Ungoogled Chromium if you absolutely must have a placebo to make you feel safe.

I thought Iridium WAS ungoogled Chromium. I actually just began using this today because I got tired of Firefox being a giant piece of shit that strips any control from the user as well as breaking all the fucking time.

"Ungoogled Chromium" is the actual name of the project: github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium

I'll check it out. Thanks user. Iridium is acting like shit too, can't even log into my fucking Gmail. Shame how seemingly most browsers have crumbled into absolute bottom-of-the-barrel garbage over the last years.

trying to play csgo on arch but its laggy as hell the framerate counters is around 300fps but the screen looks like its outputting about 30, i set the refreshrate to 144hz with xrandr and the de is visibly smoother on the screen but in game it looks awful how do i fix?

i'm using arch with deepin. I installed all of the amd packages it says to install in the arch wiki

Attached: 14_q248lsaby8.jpg (625x1000, 92K)

Welp okay, so in Ungoogled Chromium, how do I do the exact same thing? Why can I have my Bookmark Bar turned off EXCEPT for when I open a new tab? Why do I have zero control over this, as a user?

how do unicode fonts work? do they have to contain all 6 millions characters along with emojis?

Have to? No.

why is my bit depth stuck on 8-bit? I can set it to 32-bit TrueColor in the 'All Modes' section but whenever I hit Apply it doesn't change it here

I'm using an IPS that definitely supports 32-bit, have updated my drivers on the monitor and GPU etc, but it's not budging
trying to get everything sorted on lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php

Attached: 09.png (400x242, 9K)

>how do unicode fonts work?
Your OS's font renderer first attempts to find the glyph in the text's own font, then if it can't it falls back to a system font that contains things like emoji. Individual fonts rarely bother with emoji because the OS has that backup font. However, many web-based applications bypass this completely and insert their own sets of images/vectors for emoji.

Android phone question, I'm not a phone person.
Today I was looking up the official website for a reputable shop in my computer-illiterate country and it looks like the site had been hacked because the owners probably don't care. The website requested to allow notifications and I said yes since I was on www.reputableshopnameinymycity.com and I thought it was OK to do so. Then I saw all sorts of shitty FREE PRIZE ads and my phone was overrun with spam notifications. I disabled the site permissions and I looked up this shit on Google, looks like it's a new method to install shit on your device.
Did I get phone AIDS? How do I even check? I don't think it can install anything malicious from a popup, right?

Yes I use ublock/privacybadger on my desktop and DNS66 on my phone, the problem is when I deal with sites in my country the hosts files coverage is spotty even with local lists enabled.

Attached: ahh fuck.jpg (259x194, 18K)

learn to google
reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/8qfz5r/windows_10_advanced_display_settings_bit_depth/e6s3krn/

Your monitor definitely only has 8bit support. Some professional ones have 10bit support.
There's no 32bit monitors.
You are confusing some things there.
8bit means 8bit per R G and B channel, so 24bit in total.
You can set it to 32bit (or 10-bit per channel) but your monitor won't be able to display it.

yeah I just read that like 2 minutes ago, I get it now
but still, I can only see 14, 15 and the last row of squares, everything else is fucked
the other tests run fine but the lack levels aren't working at all, even my older PC worked better
not sure what to do, even tried calibrating the monitor but it doesn't help

increase your monitors brightness through its on screen menu.

IDK, I use Firefox

anons with jobs: how much of the work day do you spend actually programming or doing things directly related to actually programming (reading docs, figuring out an algorithm, looking up how do to X in library Y, etc).

I try to spend five hours a day actually working but probably do closer to four most of the time. Curious if I'm exceptionally lazy or if this is normal. I know some of my friends in more generic "office jobs" only work for half the day (or less) as well.

fug meant to post this in /dpt/

Maybe 2 hours on a 7 hour work day.
More if I'm doing something interesting.

I was thinking about this recently
Is there an Android based OS that has Debian program support? Like, could I install Android as a desktop OS and have it run full Firefox and Steam and whatnot?
Just wondering

Getting ERR_TIMED_OUT trying to visit Jow Forums. Ping works. VPN works. What is the cause of it?

does it work in incognito mode?

No, and it doesn't work if I change browsers either.

avoid chrome / chromium like the plague then, it eats your CPU for breakfast.

any way to pirate windows 10 if not whats cheapst way to get it?

buy a key on eBay, I did it 2 days ago and it worked perfectly
make sure you're buying the right one though, there's the clean installation and then upgrade type

Download the official free version then use an activator.

figured it out, I'm a total retard, I was using hacker vision and it was inverting the borders, making it more of an optical illusion since everything seemed darker

Suddenly I'm getting "Sorry, there are no results for this search" on my laptop when using Startpage with Pale Moon. It works on Internet Explorer. Already tried clearing my history/cookies/cache/. What do?

nvm it works after updating pale meme

I'm replacing my motherboard and want to do a fresh install of Windows 10.
If I use software like say, Acronis, to do a full backup+image, then restore that image after clean reinstalling, will that just "reset" the parts of the OS that are less stable after swapping mobos? Or will it work just fine?

Recommend a file browser/viewer for Android (rooted),plox

Attached: retardedMomo.jpg (1000x1500, 198K)

He, guys. Want to know: I learned C++ and a bit of Python a long while back and I want to ask: would learning an Assembly Language be fun? I always liked seeing how computers work and for some dumb little things, I think assembly could be fun as a side thing I can have fun with.

I know that NASM exists and have thought about using that. Advice? Tips?

The clones should keep everything exactly the same, but I've had an image roll back the the most recent changes I made to my install before cloning it- so maybe restart your PC or make sure you backup recently installed files (to be 100% safe).

t. Cloned my Win10 to new SSD

Just bought an Asus Zenbook 15, can't figure out how to boot from USB (or any other option to install a different OS).
The BIOS doesn't include an option for it anymore.
Any ideas?

Does this mean my motherboard will work for GPU passthrough, like for playing games in a W10 VM?

Attached: motherboard.png (665x160, 13K)

google 'asus zenbook 15 boot from usb', it's right there
This is 'stupid questions' not 'I refuse to use a search engine'

Wrong models, those all rely on using compatibility support mode, which isn't an option.

Can I save a Google colab for offline use, with its runtime data intact? It works fine online, but it takes ages to download cmake and everything else every single time I want to use it.

Fresh install.
Firefox with uBO and 4chanx
Captcha fails when trying to force the legacy mode. Anyone know why?
Also, can I get someone's uMatrix settings for here and Jow Forums?

Which version of Windows LTSC do I install on a new laptop?

i have a shel lscript on ubuntu that automatically launches my minecraft sevrer, but it doesnt open a command line or anything, it opens in the background
how can i see the commandline for the minecraft server to see how its running and the log ?

>captcha
disable referrer spoofing in umatrix

Thanks. Mind sharing your uMatrix settings for this place?

i basically have everything Jow Forums and everything google enabled, so there's a lot of unneeded stuff being loaded.
you'll probably find better settings on the archive.
warosu.org/g/

I think I fixed it. WSUS had an incomplete update going on that I discovered by enabling ultra fast boot in the bios. It kept installing things and then rebooting, but that led to the startup repair which failed almost every time. The one time it succeeded, it led to the temporary wsus account. I ran their script and was able to get into my account. My custom theme is broken but I'll take that over anything worse. What do I do now? Create a system restore point? I don't know where to look to remove the temporary stuff it added like the weird power options.

Charged my brand new Galaxy S10+ to 100% and then went to sleep. When I woke up, it drained about 1%/hr. "Device Idle" and "Cell Standby" were the two highest on the battery page. Is this normal behavior?

How do I get into data recovery? I've used photorec and clonezilla before but that's where my expertise ends. What do you guys think of it as a possible source of income? Any software recommendations and reading material are much appreciated.

Attached: 1532279732333.jpg (800x551, 124K)

am I banned or what? test.

So I've been having Kernel Power 41 errors ever since July. It's the kind where the computer shuts off without warning, randomly, without any real rhyme or reason. I was told recently it could be a bad PSU, so I had that replaced.

It's still happening. What could be going wrong? Is it the outlet? The power grid itself providing insufficient power?

I want to view an entire video folder without filenames, densely packed for quick scanning

Can I do this in Windows?

i'm a such great to shitpost tonight, like it's 2007 but cloudflare is behaving badly. Only Jow Forums though.
is there a way to fix this outside changing my dns, I kinda like it for everything else, it's still the fastest one for me.

the server is just shitting itself, don't worry.

i'm sorry, i don't understand the question. what are you trying to do exactly, just watching all videos inside of a specific folder or are you talking about compressed archives containing video files? or do you want some sort of video library software?

I keep getting "No video with supported format and MIME type found" error when I try to play a specific webm. I've tried
deleting cookies/cache
updating flash
uninstalling/disabling plugins
nothing has worked. I'm on firefox/windows10

same problem for me tbqh I can't post on 4channel boards either, at least almost every time I click submit it just doesn't work.

errors occasional bad gateway and lotsa connection errors, pages mostly loading apparently fine.

is there an autohotkey equivalent on macos that is capable of
1. mapping a mouse click (such as middle click) to a key on the keyboard, and
2. doing it only in a specific application?
i've looked up alternatives and tried keyboard maestro, hammerspoon, and bettertouchtool, and none of them are capable of this

So I've been having Kernel Power 41 errors ever since July when a bad storm happened. It's the kind where the computer shuts off without warning, randomly, without any real rhyme or reason. I was told recently it could be a bad PSU, so I had that replaced.

It's still happening. Even at the screen where I choose to go into safe mode or start normally. Do drivers even matter there? What could be going wrong? Is it the outlet? The power grid itself providing insufficient power? Could something have happened with the motherboard itself?

How do I fix a drive displaying wrong free space left?

is there still a /csg/ discord