Remote work burnout

any of you work remotely? how do you deal with burnout and a lack of motivation?

Attached: download.png (300x168, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rocket.chat/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't use slack, use rocket.chat/

its time to start shootin

I work in an office and I get burnout just the same, but I'm still obligated to force myself to go to the office.

>procrastinate until you feel that deadline rush
>then the absolute relief when you finish on time
that's how

The benefit of working remote is that when you feel overwhelmed you can just take a 5min break and instead of taking a coffee you blow a massive load thinking about some tranny you met on discord and then everything's ok for a few hours.
If you're feeling brave you can do this at work too

>how do you deal with burnout and a lack of motivation?
You masturbate while working. It's one of the perks of working remotely and helps to keep your mind clear and focused. Do it long enough, and you'll always be thinking about work when you get it hard.

By getting pay $87k a year.

>If you're feeling brave you can do this at work too
fucking heroic

Attached: 1565114866447.jpg (924x889, 102K)

>any of you work remotely?
I do
>how do you deal with burnout
I don't get it. There's nobody looking over my shoulder making sure I'm being productive, and there's WAY less work to actually get done than I'm capable of doing. So I end up working for maybe an hour a day, or maybe five hours if there's something interesting to do and I really want to explore it. Most of the rest of the time I'm just fucking around on the internet (like now).
All of my coworkers do this as well, and together we get all the work done that we need to and management is happy.

at this stage desu

Im looking for a remote work but i cant seem to find one. Any trick on getting one anons? also my motivation is getting paid and not waste 3-4 hours a day in travelling to work

If you are forced to use a time tracker, it's easy. You either work or starve.
If not, I would recommend using pomodoro timer, and make sure you're taking care of your health. Way easier to perform long-term if you have enough sleep and nutrition.

Create open source projects. Come up with business ideas start looking into how you can start a business in the future.

Remote work gives you a chance to venture out into new things providing you less risk by having a stable source of income in case things go wrong.

my productivity ground to a halt. waiting for the deadline rush to kick in. i hate my job right now. i'm only here for the money. my fault alone, the company i work for is treats me well

how long have you worked remote?

A few months. It's really changed my life. I worked traditional local software engineering jobs before this, and going from that to working at home for a silicon valley company was a crazy change. I spend way less time to make way more money and I get praised by higher-ups for doing it.

how did you get that job? im looking forward to work remotelly since i live in the outer area of my country and its big pain in the ass. Also the salaries tho

yeah, your enthusiasm sounded fresh. I felt the same way. Now nearly 2 years in, it's different.

Just finished working remotely all summer. Just procrastinated the whole time honestly. I basically stole 2/3rds of the money I made. Cant imagine keeping up the charade for the rest of my life

a-are webdev skills transferable to any other aspect of life? any other way to make money?

set up a good linkedin profile. set yourself to be available. recruiters badger me all the time with offers. many jobs are remote

I think a lot of general software development knowledge is transferable. I've only done web dev before but I'm hopeful shit like actual job experience and even things like agile development knowledge and git will make me stand out from other scrubs.

I love what I do. Having discipline helps. It has to be done. Do it. Prolonging the inevitable just hurts you. Plus I know the alternative of being a loser is worse.

Finding something I loved helped me before maturing and having discipline. Whenever I had something that I had to do which I hated I forced myself to do it because I knew it was necessary to reach my goals.

I don’t do anything serious but my advice can be applied everywhere. I just run a few sites, servers, and forums.

Burnout is always a thing but when you're remote you can at least fuck off and piecemeal out random bug fixes that you queued up one day, and get "exceedes expectations"

thumbs up

A secret that I was told but still struggle with is needing the money you work for.

In other words if you are living a minimalist lifestyle and just working to grow your bank account then, yes, obviously you will lose motivation.

But if you buy a bunch of shit that you can't afford and have a ton of (good) debts and other responsibilities that stress you out then there will be no such thing as burnout in your life. And the secret is supposedly that once you take that leap of faith is becomes easy.

Sounds scary, so that's why they call it a leap of faith.

I only get 4 days a month of remote work, I fucking wish I could do it the whole time. What more motivation do you need? You work for money, not for free, don't you? There's your motivation. Do your work so you get paid.

Holy shit I thought I was the only one.

I used to work remotely full time. Couldn't stay focused. I now have an office job where it's a bit better. I find I have a 2 day max working from home before I lose motivation.

Also bust lots of nuts

I typically use remote days to help avoid burnout. I can blow as many loads as I want, and I have a cat who always wants to snuggle. You can also drink if that's your thing. Just don't be excessive and remember the balmer peak.

Stop giving a shit and just keep on collecting your paycheck until they fire you.

feels good man

For me it's mostly because I get in the groove of doing everything in my apartment. Having dedicated spaces for things is very beneficial if you can help it

lmao literally a wage slave

Here's another secret for you. Chronic stress is terrible for your mind and body.

Ayy lmao nigger you and me both. Life is good

god I wish I could get a remote job, I'm even in a shit country so they could pay me less if they wanted to.
Problem is most of those jobs are modern web stuff, guess I really should just suck it up and learn react or something
what technologies do you remote folks work with?

For me I couldn't focus until I made a totally separate office space for doing work in. Even better if it's a whole separate room. Then I could mentally "clock in" and out by going there. Doing work stuff on my normal computer was very distracting.

This. Maintaining a separate home office room is also good for tax deductions afaik

>burnout
How could someone possibly get burnt out sitting at home, writing code, browsing the chons, all while sitting in a nice thick wet diaper all day?

same here. switched jobs three years ago and i'm used a way higher tempo from my old job, so i can do my tasks in half a day when my coworkers need three full days at least. my boss thinks i'm a magician for getting everything done.

I work for a semi-large startup in a niche industry.

Business logic aside, most of my work is CI/CD and fixing whatever dev break

I get up at 8.30am and work until about 1am. Sometimes I'll go away and do something else, sometimes I'll sit there all day, it just depends.

I don't really get burnout or a lack of motivation, I want to achieve and I want to be the #1 goto person in my 'office'.

since working from home I've had multiple payrises and excellent reviews. Show 'em what you got.

>I get up at 8.30am and work until about 1am.
do americans really do this?

I'm scottish

I work on-call

I use it only to get awake when I'm sleepy, and not finishing it is important

That's a great feel. Too bad I procrastinate too much these days and reliably miss the deadlines.

Attached: 1447365566346.jpg (500x376, 34K)

Man I can't feel awake after cumming. I just feel like sleeping right after. I normally have trouble sleeping but I almost always manage to fall asleep in the time it takes my gf to go empty my load in the bathroom.

I watch anime half the time
Still more productive than coworkers

>her gf cleans herself out after sex
what a cuck

a tech company i was at had floor to ceiling bathroom stalls, completely sealed. I thought that was the point.

>mfw I don't even have a fucking deadline so I basically procrastinate indefinately until the boss gets pissed off for it
please help me i'm feeling like shit literally

Attached: 67753738_10157894559887994_6652489975944183808_n.jpg (460x460, 37K)

anyone know of any places that i can find remote work? i live in canada and have some training as a developer. not much in the way of experience beyond that though. most of my previous work experience is as tech support. tbqh i wouldn't mind getting back into it if i can land a job doing chat support (as long as i don't have to talk to people over the phone i could tolerate most anything)

this. i read that for some people, the rush of procrastination and playing catch-up is the only way they can feel anything for their job.
its habitual.

I used to work for a startup and Thur-Fri was WFH. Some faggot coworker that larped as my department manager didn't like that so every morning at 9:30 spot on he would log in and ask some retarded question just so he would check if I'm actually in front of a computer. He did that periodically throughout the day.

nobody would fucking HIRE me once i tell them I want to work remotely

Lack of, motivation? Aren't you getting paid?
I guess having no house and food or working blue collar work for 8 hours a day for minimum wage isn't motivational enough for some.

I have that tomboy colleague from Russia. I sometime masturbate on toilet thinking about her.

hard answer: you’re not built for remote employment

less hard answer: exercise, improve diet, take proper breaks, go out of your way to establish a productive environment (rent a desk somewhere out of your home, go to the library, cafe, etc)

That's exactly what I was thinking, but I think it's got more to do with the fact that right now I'm basically working as a glorified secretary with some development skills and being considerably underpaid (whenever my boss remembers to pay me anyway)

>subtly antisemitic logo
Oy Vey!

Attached: download-1.jpg (2560x1433, 275K)

>Catalog
Swastika is a sanskrit letter. Fuck the jews and their shit... WTF, we going to ban letters now? ࿕