ASUS starts removing PCIe 4.0 support from pre-X570 AM4 motherboards

overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/asus_starts_removing_pcie_4_0_support_from_pre-x570_am4_motherboards/1

Poor AMD drones, first AMD falls short on beating Intel, now board partners just ignore what AMD tells them to, to cash in on dumb AMD drones.

Attached: 1538931203901.jpg (418x396, 28K)

Good thing I fell for the x570 meme.

Article says Gigabyte and others as well.

In any case only an idiot actually expected PCIe4 to work on non-PCIe4 equipped boards...

All of the lines go out of a CPU and PCBs can handle quadrupled data rate/sinal level without any changes. There's no reason to not support it.
> board partners just ignore what AMD tells them to
PCIE4 removal is done on AGESA level.

>Starts removing
Bitch, just roll back your bios.

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

>There's no reason to not support it
Every x570 mainboard comes with a fan for a reason.
The chipset must be able to handle the double data rate while remaining within spec too. If old chips could handle it this easy, then there would be no need for a fan on x570

>now board partners just ignore what AMD tells them to
But I'm pretty sure AMD told them to remove it as they don't officially support it.

Attached: c.jpg (259x194, 5K)

>Every x570 mainboard comes with a fan for a reason.
There's CPU PCIe lanes and Chipset PCIe lanes. The pre-x570 boards obviously support only CPU PCIe 4 lanes, but AMD wants even that removed.

Ah good point. I was thinking about the chipset only

>now board partners just ignore what AMD tells them to
AMD mandated that PCIe 4.0 be removed from pre-X570 boards, animetard.

AMD is just as scummy with their marketing as Intel is.
Prior to Ryzen 3000 launch, they never bothered to clean up the "leaks and rumors" of older boards supporting PCIe 4.0, only now after a few months they do, so people won't call support as much after buying the product.
Remember they did the same with PBO, they even had it in their marketing material, only to remove it later and claim it was never supposed to work on X model CPUs.

>AMD is just as scummy with their marketing as Intel is.
It's funny how that always active and praised AMD marketing guy on Reddit has gone completely silent after people started asking questions about the 3rd gen clocks.

Zen/Zen+ was the golden time. AMD had the superior product but still had to prove themselves, so they couldn't jew you. Now they're so far ahead, with people actually realizing it too, they won't shy away from these tactics. Prices have gone up too with Zen 2. There's no cheap 8-core like the 1700 because they know they can ask the premium.

Imagine how warped your thinking would need to be to buy something based on rumours and then blame anyone but yourself when they turn out not to be true. AMD specifically said that PCIe 4.0 was for X570 boards. Anything else is you retarded fanboy fucks convincing yourself of something that was never on the cards.

AMD Marketing people act like they're clinically retarded. Is it still the same people who fueled Bulldozer hypetrain? They clearly act the same. It's like it's their life's mission to overhype things just so they can underdeliver.

Now they went out of their way, like, they really really tried to overhype Zen 2, an actually very good product, overhype it to an extent where some people actually feel they underdelivered.

What the fuck AMD?

So which intel motherboards support pcie 4.. oh wait

>So which intel motherboards support pcie 4.. oh wait
Yeah it's certainly worse to have hardware that was never intended for pcie 4 in any way rather than having pcie 4 enabled on your hardware by an upgrade and then having it taken away by greedy AMD

You're a fuckin' retarded drone.

That wasn't true for PBO though, which was actually marketed for 2600X and 2700X boards BY AMD but latter removed and the marketing guy on reddit just said "it was a typo!" even though AMD's support used to say themselves that "you need a X series CPU for PBO".

He always does that. People don't call him Robert the Lier for nothing.

This.

>He always does that. People don't call him Robert the Lier for nothing.
And then drones will forget about it and he'll once again be the cool-guy-keeping-in-touch-with-community Robert

It's the eternal AMD_Robert cycle.

I just hate how smug he is, I've fallen for AMDs shit several times and talked to him, he's just like "haha, no it was a typo!" and I'm like "So where can I get a refund?" and no answer.

They promised AM4 socket up to 2020, not x570 chipset on older motherboards. Braindead faggots

You don't need x570 to use CPU lanes retard

>PCIe 4.0
Is a meme anyways, only real world usage is multiple NVMe SSDs.
We won't see GPUs that fully utilize PCIe 4.0 until DDR5 (or even DDR6) is mainstream and then you want to upgrade the whole system anyways.

I thought PCIe 4.0 was an unnecessary meme, (it is, for now) according to intlel shills?
I can't even use my shit intel board with 8th,/9th gen even though it's the same socket.
AMD niggers actually lied about clocks, a far bigger issue than lack of backwards pcie 4 support.

I thought PCIe 4.0 was an unnecessary meme, (it is, for now) according to intlel shills?
I can't even use my shit intel board with 8th,/9th gen even though it's the same socket.
AMD niggers actually lied about clocks, a far bigger issue than lack of backwards pcie 4 support.

>pcie 4 doesn't matter
*AMD removes pcie 4*
>BWAHAHA AMD DRONES BTFO AND KEKED

>buy legacy Motherboard for new build CPU

Man, it's almost as if people have existing socket-compatible motherboards for these new-fangled processors with predecessors to these new CPUs. Crazy, I know.

So amd designed x370/x470 for pcie 4 now?
How retarded are you?

>So amd designed x370/x470 for pcie 4 now?
How is that relevant?

>Yeah it's certainly worse to have hardware that was never intended for pcie 4 in any way rather than having pcie 4 enabled on your hardware by an upgrade and then having it taken away by greedy AMD
x370/x470 was never designed for pcie 4 just like any intel platform

>x370/x470 was never designed for pcie 4 just like any intel platform
And?

No, half of motherboard recommendations were for b450 and x470 motherboards.

Attached: munch.gif (256x192, 504K)

Learn reading comprehension pajeet

>Yea lets just release a bios update that runs signal bandwidth way out of spec
Wow i wonder why mobo manufacturers want pcie 4 on x370/x470 and why AMD doesn't want it

its almost like amd is conserned with long term relablity of niggerrigged pcie 4 support on systems that shouldnt be able to support it, meanwhile mobo makers want to push their stock of old shit onto people buying zen 2 cpus, really makes you think

I'm an English major, Rajesh

It doesn't need to hit full 4.0 specs to be worth it. I'd take a board that could handle 1.25x PCIe 3.0 speed over 1x PCIe 3.0 speed any day.

It's almost like owners should be able to trash their property if they want.

>I'm an English major
Oh so you are retarded, my condolences.

It's not like English is going anywhere; I fail to see the issue.

AMD told them to drop support

Maybe I'll fall for that meme when they're dirt cheap and x670 exists

>>The chipset must be able to handle the double data rate wh
There's no PCI-E 4.0 support on x470 so that's completely irrelevant, anonlad

retard

>AMD adds feature that you didn't pay for in the first place
>realizes it could maybe damage your motherboards so they retract it so you can have a mobo last longer
seems like a good thing.

>board partners just ignore what AMD tells them to
AMD told them, and anyone else is that there won't be support for pcie 4 on 400 chipsets. Take your ANUS brand and put it on your mouth, incel.

>>AMD adds feature that you didn't pay for in the first place
They didn't. Before the release of zen2, it was all fucking clear that pcie4 is only supported on x500 chipsets. But then these fucking retarded asshole mobo companies started rumors that that older mobos will support it as well. And somehow it's all amd's fault because locking their products on more expensive hardware and making it less competitive is better for them. This thread made me lose all hope for this board. I'd rather discuss technology with /b/.

Nah, Zen2 is just their Core2 Quad stage 2.
Next gen is going to be their Nehalem, and if they don't lose focus Zen4 is going to be 2500k levels of legendary.

You are retarded, it always was about support for CPU PCIe4 lanes, not chipset lanes. CPU lanes should be possible on older boards and create no risk of any kind aside from possible instability on the cheapest boards.

Glad I didn't fall for the AMD meme, my 7700k with a Z170 board will probably last another 5 years