Pale Moon 28.7.0 is out!

palemoon.org/releasenotes.shtml

Attached: Pale Moon.jpg (800x1661, 308K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/Comparison_with_XUL_XPCOM_extensions
github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/2785#issuecomment-314807534
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 1567023570408.jpg (333x333, 45K)

Blow it our your ass.

Thanks for the heads up user

this is sad

Attached: 1541089095055.png (280x96, 16K)

is it still shit?

Yiff in hell, furfag.

ah yes, another epic memebrowser from manchild, famous for such quotes as "benchmarks don't real" and "palememe is 100% secure". you know maybe your fork should just keep the UI instead of also having all the downsides of using a firefox version from 5 years ago

people still use this shit?

it's shit, i'm still using it; the only question is am i people?

nice

No, this is exactly what should happen, you are probably a total newfag and don't know that the key people behind pale moon are total jerks, and i speak here also from my own experience and not only what countless people have experienced dealing with those pale faggots. So quit bumping this thread, pale moon deserves nothing but a complete boycott.

No i won't stop bumping this thread and no i'm not someone behind pale moon, i'm just a rando who wants more people to try out this browser, it deserves far more than the hate and scorn it gets from this place.

Is anyone else having problems with Startpage with the update

No, because nobody uses this piece of shit furry browser.

>in pale moon thread
>durr nobody uses pale moon

adnauseam

There are a lot of us here who used it, and after a while we all got burned by the yiffchild.

Great. It's shit.

I would rather use Brave than this furshit browser

It's in no way shape or form superior to firefox. The devs should read a book on multithreading, at the very least.

In some aspects it is superior to firefox, less ram usage, XUL/XPCOM add-ons, speed, and of course no fucking telemetry, multithreading is just another Google bandwagon that mozilla jumped on, along with Webextensions

>XUL/XPCOM add-ons
This is not a benefit in any way.
>and of course no fucking telemetry
All telemetry in Firefox can be disabled. Not to mention that most distros disable it by default.
>multithreading is just another Google bandwagon that mozilla jumped on, along with Webextensions
You have no idea what you're talking about.

>This is not a benefit in any way.
Not according to mozilla
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/Comparison_with_XUL_XPCOM_extensions

>All telemetry in Firefox can be disabled. Not to mention that most distros disable it by default.
By that standard i can use windows since i can disable all the telemetry there too (LTSC)

>You have no idea what you're talking about.
Whatever

>Not according to mozilla
Yes according to Mozilla. XUL addons can do anything and that's a bad thing for security and stability. Not to mention that all XUL addons would break anyway with all the extensive changes to Firefox's codebase.
>By that standard i can use windows since i can disable all the telemetry there too (LTSC)
If the only trhing stopping you from using Windows is the telemetry, then using LTSC would be an apt solution. Though Windows has many more problems like being nonfree, using NTFS, lack of package management, Windows Rot, etc.

Yes, when I run a search through the search box on the toolbar or the about:home page, it gives a "No results found" page. Clicking the search button or refreshing then 'fixes' it. It weirdly enough doesn't impair SearX with POST, only SP.

If I'm using vanilla firefox should I make a switch to this?

Just use GNU Icecat ffs

what's wrong with pale moon?

It's almost like the UI and backend are tied together

>Yes according to Mozilla. XUL addons can do anything and that's a bad thing for security and stability

It's a bad thing only when you don't know how to deal with the XUL/XPCOM extensions, uBlock Origin Legacy is just one example of that. otherwise it's vastly superior to the experimental-incomplete Webextensions api

>Though Windows has many more problems like >being nonfree, using NTFS, lack of package >management, Windows Rot, etc.

NTFS is fine, plenty of package managers in windows (Chocolatey, OneGet, Scoop etc) and Windows rot is no longer a problem with SSD's

That's the problem, Nothing is wrong with PM

Attached: PM.jpg (582x1520, 109K)

Sad panda button?

>uBlock Origin Legacy is just one example of that
elaborate

XUL based add-ons have fully access to the browser's internals and the low-level JavaScript apis hence uBlock Origin (Legacy) blocks far more than the restricted WebEx
github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/2785#issuecomment-314807534

You idiot, the hate pale moon got was earned, it comes not just from 4chin but from other entire open source projects that had the misfortune of having to deal with pale jerks. I too tried pale moon once, and stop using it and started to hate it not because of the software but after having to deal with the worst of of the developers behind it, the complete manchild known as "Tobin". It doesn't even have anything to do with development or political views, Tobin is just a complete jerk.

This thread was literally going to die TWICE if it wasn't because it got bumped in the last minute twice by some pale shit freelance shill.
The very few people who still use pale shit is the few innocent souls that haven't had the dishonor of knowing who Tobin really is.
The fact that this thread almost died twice so easily proves that most people here just don't care about pale shit anymore, so quit pretending people here have any interest in pale shit you freelance shill.

yeah, I know that, I use the legacy ublock, but >It's a bad thing only when you don't know how to deal with the XUL/XPCOM extensions, uBlock Origin Legacy is just one example of that
and I understood it as if he was saying this against ublock

>The very few people who still use pale shit is the few innocent souls that haven't had the dishonor of knowing who Tobin really is.
i don't give two shits who tobin is, i only care about the browser

It's an out-dated firefox with some icon/word changes.
So...

no it isn't

>Outdated firefox

Boooooring

Attached: PalemoonMoonchild.jpg (1718x4862, 1.46M)

yeah keep shilling this pos browser fucking furrfaggot

Well I DO CARE. Because Tobin being a jerk affect the browser itself. He doesn't care about operating systems other than Windows or languages other than English. And because of his position he even stop other people from improving pale moon for other people using other operating systems or even languages. So yeah, aside Tobin being a total and complete jerk while stopping you, the browser itself also end up being inferior. Again i'm talking from my own experience here. You of course haven't had to deal with Tobin because being the useless piece of shit you are, you haven't attempted at making pale moon or any other open source project better.

Is AdNauseam still blocked? lololol

Tobin is a fucking asshole, but I still use pale moon anyway lol.

> Added support for spaces in the Mac package and application name.
> no actual PM dmg
I remember asking this dude in IRC why I shouldn't build it for Mac myself and him insisting the process would burn out my computer.

>set Do Not Track
>block Google Analytics using the hosts file or the router
>click on the addons list and leave it there (the script is part of addons.mozilla.com, so it only loads when you click "more addons")
There, problem solved.

That's about the only thing uBlock can't do with WebExtensions. Either way addons have no business modifying about: pages.

You sound like butthurt because you lost an internet battle from tobin
get over it

Someone is butthurt about nothing as usual. It adds meaning to one's life to keep seething and attacking some developer that didn't agree with your stu pidass once upon a time in the west. Keep blogging, genius.

If by someone you mean hundreds of people and by nothing you mean the extremely annoying attitude from the pale shit developers, then yes. Tell me, why do you keep bumping this thread? Why can't you just accept that nobody wants this browser? It almost died for a third time and you just had to go ahead and bump it again, as if anyone aside you care about pale shit. I am all for alternative browsers, I found pale moon months ago and tried to made it even better, but Tobin not only didn't allow me, he even accuse me of trying to distribute malware within pale moon, i'm pretty sure i wasn't the only one. use whatever you want to. But still, why, why you keep bumping this damn thread? Just accept its dead god damn it.

Furry moonboy got off his arse!