Why is dark mode a thing?

Why is dark mode a thing?
When did app skins become a feature that valids promotion?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 8.52.43 pm.png (594x500, 196K)

Trump

Blame OLED displays. Black = pixels in 'off' state, so the more blacked your screen is, the less power it has... I mean consumes.

Always was for certain industries
Many softwares had night option where they fucked with high contrast or inverted colors to limit the light out of a display
Ships, airplanes, even gps navigation in cars has a dark mode so you can see out the fucking window

It's great when working in a dark environment.

Tech industry is in a state of creative crisis now, so everyone finally implements some obvious features like dark mode, picture in picture and tiling.
Don't worry, those will go away again once the next big thing comes around. We'll probably miss these days, calling it the peak of tech or something like that.

it's not work promoting dark mode on windows until they have uniformity in context menus, prompts, pop ups, etc

What's wrong with darkmode? It's nice having a screen at night that's not blinding you with a bright white light.

>Why is dark mode a thing?
Easier on the eyes in a dark room

Nothing wrong with dark mode
It's just another case of OP not understanding anything and REEing about it

rent free

Dark Mode and LCD screens actually saves your eyes from having eye cancer.
Makes them rest more and it's actually more pleasing for me. I don't see the problem

My screen colors turn warm at night anyway so I don't see what the fuss is all about. Also, everyone should limit their night time screen usage anyways.

During the day, however, light mode is always superior.

Its easier on the eyes. It looks nicer. And I assume its easier on the battery?

>App
In my humble opinion every graphical interface should have a dark mode, but when it's promoted as a redeeming feature it gives me a disappointed feeling just like when you call programs "apps".

>I don't see what the fuss is all about.
Really makes me think.

>screen went from 100nits to 1000nits in the last 10 year
>literally blinding people
>why

This. Now faggots are cringing hard over "le autistic dark mode" which has existed since the dawn of display technology and for a good reason.

I love this trend for once

>not having everything botnetted up so you can just tell Alexa to switch to night mode and she dims your lights, turns on the fire simulation lamp and your computer to dark mode for max comfiness

>NEW BAD
>OLD GOOD

Attached: 1417569670360.gif (480x370, 1.54M)

>Why is dark mode a thing?
To cut back on eye rape

I haven't used Windows in MANY years but good for them.

Frankly, it should be punishable by death not including a dark mode in your app/website/wm.

I've been writing custom crap to make my pc experience as dark as possible. It's much more comfier. Well, dark gray anyways.

Because it takes an actual artist to make a good theme.

Dark mode is actually worse for you eyes. When most of the screen is dark your pupils dilate to let in more light causing the white text to be seared onto you retinas.

Dark mode is great, I just wish devs didn't make it literally black and just dark grey

>so the more blacked your screen is, the less power it has... I mean consumes.
TOP KEK

because MUH CUSTOMIZATION autism

why the fuck is your virgin ass sitting here complaining about a colorscheme?

I like dark mode in general, i just hate how Microsoft wants to make it black instead of dark gray. Black doesnt look as good as dark gray on LCD screens. But i have gotten used to it. Macos seems to do it better.

>o the more blacked your screen is, the less power it has... I mean consumes.
I can sort of see it but not really. how am i missing the joke?

Dilate, darktrannies

>have dark mode
>inevitably fall into something with no dark compability
>get flashed by the bright white in your dilated pupils

Dark mode people are retarded

Is this actually a thing? I never cared about eye health or anything I just before dark mode because it simply looks better for me , but I never encountered any times when it felt bad to look at white after using dark themes.

Only if you have shit genetics

so it's a O(b)L(ack)ED screen then?

Institutional blackism