What is causing reduced text quality when I rotate my screen 90 degrees? Text is not as sharp this way

what is causing reduced text quality when I rotate my screen 90 degrees? Text is not as sharp this way

Attached: best-monitor-for-vertical-use.jpg (300x300, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subpixel_rendering
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

TN panel probably

Also might be that the subpixel antialiasing doesn't work when the screen is rotated because the subpixel grid isn't in the normal order.

it's this

alignment of the subpixels probably. Is this IPS?

Attached: subpixel-order_000.png (406x510, 36K)

But can you do that independently when one monitor is in portrait and the other is in landscape?

What DE is that? :o

Sup-pixel layout.

Windows doesn't support V-RGB or V-BGR

You can use cleartype to adjust between sub-pixel layout, for example I have a BGR display instead of the standard RGB, without using windows cleartype, text is fuzzy by default.

However, windows does not support vertical-BGR or vertical-RGB adjustments in cleartype.

it looks like gnome

xfce i think

This is your answer OP

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subpixel_rendering
my brainlet ass learns something new every day on this board

dumb retard

It's funny because Jow Forums always insists sub-pixel rendering is shit and should be disabled.

Subpixel rendering. Windows can't deal with vertical pixel orientations. Microsoft's solution was to phase out ClearType rather than add support, and just hope that people eventually forget what it's like to have properly clear, crisp text.

They still use cleartype though in the latest W10 builds.

They didn't phase it out at all.

I'm gonna assume no, Linux is weird with per monitor settings for some fucking reason.

If you have an high dpi monitor it probably makes sense

With 200+ PPI there is indeed no need to use it.
Problem is that poorfags and gaymen still use sub-100PPI piece of shit monitors.

I can, but I'm on sway