/spg/ - Smartphone General

small phones edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: sharp-aquos-r2-compact-1.jpg (592x548, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidauthority.com/buy-samsung-galaxy-note-10-1022200/
gsmarena.com/windows_phone_is_officially_obsolete_microsoft_tells_users_to_switch_to_android_or_ios-news-35144.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sent from my note 10 plus

Attached: Screenshot_20190830-150138_One UI Home.jpg (1440x3040, 1.3M)

Congrats on the PROFFESIONAL photography, increased productivity and LAPTOP LEVEL storage capacity.

And dont even get me started on the new amazing stylus capabilities like touching the screen and some other fucking gimmick idk

>two notches

Attached: hqdefault-4.jpg (480x360, 22K)

I am a 21 year old zoomer who use my note for watching Netflix, using Snapchat and Instagram

Enjoying your hole?

Attached: 1567170685311.png (966x435, 420K)

>success breeds jealousy

Looking for a new phone
current phone is lg v30+ and it's been great but it hasn't been updated and it's been dropped and abused enough
I'm just looking for something comparable

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

>1000$$
JUST fuck my screen up sempaitachi

go one XDA you retard, your device has a ton of support, you don't need a new fucking phone

na we are just laughing at you
I could buy a really expensive turd if I wanted to, except im not a drooling retard

It's not just that it hasn't been updated it's been dropped and the ports have been filled with dust and is just in terrible condition not just because of no updates

not me
I replaced my op6 with the note 10, so the small hole is not really a bother

clean it up then you lazy little shit

What success? No one is happy about the lack of a headphone jack and the hole.
androidauthority.com/buy-samsung-galaxy-note-10-1022200/

LADS, YEA OR NAH?!

Attached: Screenshot_Bromite_20190830-092115.png (1178x2048, 640K)

Why even "upgrade"? Why take this retarded design?

>Windows Phone
>2019.
For what possible purpose?
gsmarena.com/windows_phone_is_officially_obsolete_microsoft_tells_users_to_switch_to_android_or_ios-news-35144.php

Absolutely retarded. Did people forget that the notch was supposed to be a temporary fix for a stupid problem?

It is an upgrade in every way, sure my op6 was fast, but it's nothing like this.

The design is very subjective, and I like it. If you don't like it then don't buy it I guess

Attached: 20190830_152619.jpg (4032x1908, 2.22M)

Do this, sir. Go on XDA and do the needful and poo on a clean street and install pajeetware. What could possibly go wrong, sir?

How's the upgrade? I have a op6 now and deciding if I should just keep it (nothing wrong with it) or get a note 9 off eBay and sell this for basically the same price.

>implying street shitters give a fuck about LG
most devs/maintainers for LG aren't poos

>For what possible purpose?
Windows Continuum, duh

One UI is a bit different from oos (or whatever rom you're used to)

The screen is a lot better, the haptic feedback isn't as comfy as on the op6, all in all the phone is a lot faster and comfy in my opinion.

I miss the customisation of oxygen os, but hopefully magisk will come to the SD version of note 10+ sooner than later.

Great phone, I recommend it.

HAHAHHA BOTTOM NOTCH WHAT THE FUCK

its what happens when you drink too much sake and think sticking the fingerprint reader on the front of a 18:9 phone is a good idea

is redmi note 7 a meme?
I just cracked my moto g4 play screen, looking for a cheap, lineageos compatible phone with band 20 LTE

depends what you consider to be a meme

watch some reviews, its good for the price

i ordered one about a week ago and I am waiting for the Chongs to deliver it to me

(get a case)

>spend $200 on a feature that will be cut and be unusable

Recommend me a dadphone.

Any xiaomi owner here with ryzen computers also not able to use adb/fastboot commands?

Attached: 1565289770625.jpg (500x500, 44K)

>depends what you consider to be a meme
it doesn't have official LOS support, also recently they stopped building every xiaomi custom rom for a DMCA
I don't trust chink roms so using stock MIUI is not on the table (retards that thinks using spyware deliberately is acceptable please abstain to reply to me, yes I know about baseband and every other shill argument you could have, I'm still not running winnie the pooh sponsored software)

Could have had no hole or notch at all if you went with op7 pro

>falling for poozen
everyone point at him and laugh

why not put the fingerprint sensor on the back? and 2500mah battery really? fucking DUMBASS gooks always fucking up potentially decent phones i swear. get rid of the fingerprint notch add a 3300mah battery minimum and this phone mightve been pretty neat. especially considering the only compacts on the market are the xz1c and the xz2c.

>uses android and complains about spyware
Based retard.

Attached: 1542107373344.jpg (272x324, 39K)

Do you have the adb drivers installed? Also the ones for your device?

Not my fault if the indians that support xiaomi software prefers Intel and their never ending security flaws.

Yes, I can restart my phone with adb, can detect it using fastboot devices but when I try to flash twrp it get stuck forever.

>uses android and complains about spyware
>Based retard.
Right back at you. Android itself is open source, custom ROMs as well. MicroG exists, alternative open source app stores exist, etc. Nothing of the sort is a thing on iOS.

works on my machine

Mi A3 or Note 7?

>*breaks almost all of your phone's functionalities with AOSP*
>"b-b-but it's open source :)"

Based OneUI

>buy into 2 Jow Forums memes
>they aren't compatible with each other
My fucking sides.

Attached: Screenshot_20190830-213053_One UI Home.jpg (720x1560, 454K)

They already said the Xiaomi issue will be solved. And nothing stops you from building a ROM yourself or downloading some pajeet build from XDA.

>>>/xdacirclejerk/

What the fuck are you even talking about? You are actually retarded. I can't tell if you're ESL or super autistic.

Work on your reading comprehension and stop trying to use buzzword and nonsense meme-speak for pretending you actually know what you're talking about.
>haha cuzdum rooms break ur phone brah, i no use dat shiz brah, hha enjoy ur broken phone
Every other retard can say this and has been saying that since custom ROMs became a thing.

here it comes the PRC shill

Attached: Tiananmen-8964.jpg (2500x1250, 244K)

Buzzwords*

Yes buy Realme 5 instead

Not a thing outside of India and colorOS isn't that good either.

>Amazon lost the package with my new phone and refunded me
Is this a sign? Should I get another phone than the one I tried to order?

POO

Mi A3 has a worse screen but is Android One. Slightly better picture quality too IIRC.

damn this nigga ugly

You need usb 2.0, my brother had the same problem. It's not ryzen related.

How do i remove bloatware?

Mate 30 Pro is peobably dead in the water, should I just buy the Note 10+ instead of holding out hope?

It's like these companies don't want my money

LG Q70
>punch hole
>4gb+64gb
>sd card slot storage up to 1TB
>IP 68
>MIL-STD so it can't break
>SD 675
>Usb c charging
is this great,/spg/?

Attached: LG-Q70-1.jpg (500x721, 39K)

>punch hole
dropped

get a nokia 4.2

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BASEBAND

>MAKE STOCK BACKGROUND DARK WHERE THE PUNCH HOLE IS
KIMCHI TRICKS

dude custom rom lmao

BUGS:
YOU TELL ME :^)

BUT 2BH OEM ROMS ARE OFTEN BUGGY AS FUCK ALL THE SAME

SOME OF THE BETTER PRAJEET ROMS ARENT FAR BEHIND
OF COURSE YOU HAVE TO TRUST THE SOURCE OF A CUSTOM ROM IF YOU WANT TO TYPE UR SHIT INTO IT

Requesting some purchasing advice for a phone in Ireland. Don't care what network, and I am happy to pay up to 500 euros. Main thing I want is a solid battery, good ram and processor

I bought a phone on Amazon and it still hasn't shipped.
I want to choke a bitch.

Attached: 2j75pc.jpg (640x691, 36K)

sent

1070 bucks for Xperia 1 w/ headphones
y/n

Thanks

>nothing like this
845 to 855 was really that big of a jump? that's weird

>Sony phones in 2k19

Should have gotten an open box Note 9 for much cheaper.

what's wrong with them other than the price

sent from my XZ Premium

Aren't note 10 cameras a bit better? Are they noticeable better in low light?

S11+

Same primary camera and same 2x zoom lens LOL they even gave the super night sight update to Notes, it mogs Pixel's low light performance

Wait seriously even on teh Note 9? In that case, I might get Note 9. Was considering it already.

I want an F(x)tec Pro1, but I'm not ordering it until it gets reviewed.

Dear sir we take the very much account to this comment please consider.
Regards,
Rajander

Compare the specs on gsmarena and see for yourself. The camera system gets a big up

>Battery, ram and processor
Many phones half your budget offer that nowadays, good cameras, too.

Why is there only one 7"+ phone?
Other big screen phones are a meme because they cheat on the diagonal but the aspect ratio are awful.

Attached: Cover.jpg (2000x2000, 1.11M)

The more I see it the more it annoys me.
Well that makes upgrading easier.
Avoid all this hole and notch junk lol

question is whether or not the bootloader will be locked down or if an exploit can be found for it
>$450
yeah, wait for it to go on sale if considering this

Especially since full body screens with in display cameras will be mainstream in 2021

This thread is so full of trolls it's hard to get a straight answer but; I have an S8+ that I bought because I'm a fucking retard and fell for the marketing. That being said, I enjoy having the high resolution camera and the quick processor, I do a lot of stuff for work with my phone so I'm out taking pictures and editing them on my phone to send to clients. Is the OnePlus 7 Pro going to give me the best feature set for the price? Or is there something just slightly slower for half as much? I know almost nothing about chinkphones.

The only really good thing about the Op7Pro is the full screen with 90hz, there are cheaper phones with better everything else and depending on the work you do the curved screen might even be an annoyance.

What's wrong with your phone retard? It's quite good.

One week with the mi 9t here, I'm thoroughly convinced in the price range that it can't be beat in terms of new phone. Thought the pop-up camera would be a nuisance but the photo quality from both front and back along with video quality is fantastic. Gaming is pretty sweet too, and man it feels great going up to 6gb of RAM.

Welcome to 2016

>and the xz2c
is 5" so is no longer compact.

Get a V30
>1440p oled
>no curved screen meme or spyware AI button
>sd card slot
>quad dac+headphone jack
>snapdragon 835
>usb type c
>dual cameras for wide angle
>water and dust proof
>great custom rom and rooting support
>youtube certified device (HDR, 4k decoding, hardware VP9 support)
>no bootlooping like the V20
>has official android 9.0 update
I'm thinking it's kino

Attached: LG-V30.png (1200x675, 800K)

>order a new phone on amazon
>wait 2 weeks and it hasn't been shipped
>when i placed my order, it said it couldn't be shipped to my country, so I had to get one of those postboxes in another country which costs more money
>wait 1 week
>it still hasn't been shipped
>look at the phone's product page
>it says it can be shipped to my country now
>contact amazon support via their live chat
>tell them I want to change my address
>they tell me it cannot be done because it's in "ADVANCED SHIPPING STAGE"
>ask them for more details
>they tell me "it's company policy, sorry"
>tell them to answer my question
>they end the chat without saying anything
>it's been 1 week now
>my order is still not dispatched yet
someone's gonna get hurt real soon

Attached: 1563528561445.png (445x477, 218K)

enjoy your lack of updates, bootloop issues and burn-in

>lack of updates
great custom rom and rooting support
>bootloop issues and burn-in
memes

Somewhat similar situation besides the post box shit.

Attached: Screenshot_20190830_203229.jpg (1080x412, 23K)