NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST USE RUS-*segmentation fault: core dumped*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST USE RUS-*segmentation fault: core dumped*

Attached: 549BAE32-8DBC-4BF3-9322-8A9B53732148.png (828x1792, 2.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/vlang/
boats.gitlab.io/blog/post/notes-on-a-smaller-rust/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>C is the new assembly
Is he saying that C is too hard?

He HAS to be meme-ing surely.
>Jow Forums tell me this is so.

What does AMD say?
Intel is quite irrelevant these days.

C++ CHADS REPORT IN

Awww, that's nice. Some guy is shilling is particular favorite language.

You will never be a woman.

Since learning C++ I can't understand why anyone would use C in current year for systems programming, Linus is fucking autistic.
>why yes, I do like writing the same function 10 times for different argument types instead of using templates, how could you tell?

DEALLOCATE THIS, NOW!

Programming languages never get old, just a little... rusty

It's probably more a parallel of how almost no one learns assembly because they have C more easily available.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

WE NEED TO RECOVER FROM THIS FELLOW COMPETENT PROGRAMMERS

NOW SAY IT WITH ME

TRANNY DILATE BRAINLET TRANNY DILATE BRAINLET TRANNY DILATE BRAINLET TRANNY DILATE BRAINLET TRANNY DILATE BRAINLET

Attached: segfaulting cnile.png (627x722, 114K)

fun thing is that the actual reason for Rust to exists is that of C++ "reusability" code.

>writes reusable code
>gets fired
>next one rewrites part of an old template to reuse it ay ay ay ay!
>gets fired
>next one enjoys some sessions of finding out why his program is behaving so strange after 5 years..

>meme-ing
You have to go back

>company that gave 300 million dollars to neo-feminists (crazy lesbians) says that language full of neo-feminists is the "future".
>engineer from company that failed to engineer and delayed for half a decade their own 10nm technology says X technology is now the future as if it was worth anything coming from them.
>company trying to stay relevant says something trying to stay relevant.

/thread

I will NEVER buy from Intel, they not only have an inferior product right now. They also cut 1500 jobs in my country, and closed their fab here on April of 2014. And did the same on lots of other places around the world, ONLY TO GIVE 300 MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to fucking feminist frequency and other crazy lesbians self denominated as "feminists" a year later. They cut a good percentage of our exports and jobs, only to give it to crazy feminists that haven't done anything of worth for our country, quite the contrary. Damn you Intel, I will curse you forever.

Based Intel

wrong, C is the new pascal.

I googled "Rust" and first few results is just some game on steam, the platform that will never develop half-life 3

You will never be a man

>c is the new assembly
So...fast, powerful, not meant for codelets, and still usable?

>People keep trying to push it for years and years
>Still hasn't really made any real inroads beyond the browser rendering engine it was originally created for
>Even that was put out years behind schedule
>Desperate fanboys everywhere trying to push it
Just calm down people... Rust is functionally vaporware so there really isn't any real reason to worry or rejoice (depending on your outlook). If it was going anywhere it really wouldn't be vaporware, but it just is.

Seriously, we're looking at another D here and that never actually went anywhere either.

why is there a war over this shit? They are tools. They both have their uses.

nice attempt at memeing but it seems you're too young to make these jokes. lurk moar.

~olsfagit

The Elbrus devs also love Rust. Face it, Rust is the future.

They didn't even finish the browser rendering engine. afaik, the furryfox folks just did the CSS renderer, not the whole browser, which I think is still mostly in sepples

C is too error prone.
Yes, i know, real men etc, so on and so on.
But, most people are not up to snuff, and they never will be.
So we develop safer tools.

try implementing a double-linked or an observer pattern in rust, it's an interesting learning experience.
In short, good programming languages require effort to work around the language's limitation; bad programming languages require effort to work around the language's feature. Guess which is which.

what happens to my job without spending months chasing memory bugs? how do we stop this bros?

You will never get one

Attached: image.jpg (1600x1080, 630K)

They didn't even do that, they made a URL parser

TRANNY DILATE BRAINLET TRANNY DILATE BRAINLET TRANNY DILATE BRAINLET TRANNY DILATE BRAINLET TRANNY DILATE BRAINLET

Attached: a14289e3120ee94b9d63ae33fe31468b82777965.jpg (600x567, 227K)

Reminder that everything Rust has C++ does but brainlets need a dumbed down syntax because they're diversity hires by Mozilla.

Assembly isn't hard, it's tedious and error-prone.

Assembly isn't cross-platform, that's why you use C.

Let's see how well you write a fucking borrow checker

Lower level C isn't cross platform either.

Attached: 1536063434957.jpg (1000x1000, 80K)

>Reminder that everything Rust has C++ does
Except for running faster than an interpreted language.

>But, most people are not up to snuff, and they never will be.
C is a systems programming language. It's not for "most people".
Rust is trying to do what exactly? It's trying to bring the webdev crowd into kernel and driver development?
Fuck it. And Fuck trannies.

Attached: fj.webm (800x800, 2.45M)

Get fucked, retard

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-31 08-54-12.png (1334x708, 162K)

C is a systems programming language. So is Rust (what the fuck with webdev? Strawman much?)
C is also segfault, memory protection, stack-hammering, out-of-bounds central. It's directly responsible for the sorry, unstable, brittle state of system software. Any engineer that made a bridge like programmers do software (especially in C) would be in prison and forbidden to make another project.
C, unlike other languages, relies on humans to be perfect, and no human or group of humans is perfect.

C filters out the undesirables and the incompetent.
Rust welcomes them. And Rust's target audience will manage to fuck things up regardless of all the training wheels the language offers. If anything, after battling against the borrow checker for an hour, they'll just wrap everything in unsafe blocks and call it a day.

>muh secret club
Not sure how often you've used Rust, but its syntax and be frustratingly convoluted at times. C isn't as bad.
This.
I think you're paranoid. It's just a programming language. Get help.
Using both, I find C++ to be an easier syntax.

>Trust me, I know what I'm doing
>segfaults
Dunning-Kruger much? Ever since Socrates, recognizing you know nothing is the path to enlightenment. Less hubris, please.

Rust is just C++ with added type/memory safety. I don't see any actual reason to hate it, apart from retards that hate it for political reasons.

What exactly are you talking about? It's true that you can write C software that isn't cross platform, as with most languages.

I'm saying that the concept of C being some sort of "portable assembly" is bogus. Lower level C is not cross platform.

>I'm saying that the concept of C being some sort of "portable assembly" is bogus.
Why? C is literally portable assembly

V > Rust

>legacy assembler
You'd be right.
>any assembler made post-2000
Macros make it possible for the code to be portable.

the lowest level c is performing math operations which is cross platform. Do you mean low level talking to the os/drivers?

>Why?
Lower level C is not cross platform.
> C is literally portable assembly
Oh yea? Let's see how you set the direction flag in standard C.
Closed source snowflake trash.

>Closed source snowflake trash.
github.com/vlang/
???

>Oh yea? Let's see how you set the direction flag in standard C.

int someVariable = 3;
int main(void):
{
someVariable++;
doomLoop:
goto doomLoop;
}
;^)

>the lowest level c is performing math operations which is cross platform.
C is nothing unique in that.
>Do you mean low level talking to the os/drivers?
Yes, hence why I said that the notion of C being some kind of ""portable assembly"" is complete fake news.
Oh the last time I checked the full source was not in his github. Not sure he still published the full source yet though.
>You can't
Im not surprised.

>Oh no he got me
>Better pretend to be retarded and post a :^) emoji for extra effect

>codelets aren't even aware that changing the direction flag is trivial with unconditional jumps to code before the jump was taken

>C is also segfault, memory protection, stack-hammering, out-of-bounds central.
C is just a language. Programmers do all that.

Also the webdev thing is a meme because most rust projects are web-based and cargo easily attracts the pip/npm/gem crowd.

My problem with Rust or frankly any language except C++ is that most of the things I would do at compile time are now using dynamic virtual calls. static_cast should be availabe. std::any::Any should not exist. Rust needs a more powerful generics/templating system other than purely text-based 'macros'.

this has implications for actual software architecting, because in C++ you can do template metaprogramming to write a lot of elegant and easy to use APIs, complex or simple. Other languages (Java, C#, Go to some extent, hell even in C you can do that struct-first-member-cast thing) have the traditional class hierarchy design to carry out the same goals. Rust doesn't have a powerful enough generics system, and they eschewed the class system because inheritance isn't hip anymore (and hating it is hip now too) and so it has...nothing. Just a flat model of modules that may communicate via method calls or embed as members (which is highly unergonomic, having to write derived->base->field rather than derived->field, as well as having negative implications for polymorphism). No higher order. Nothing to patternize. Nothing to structure. Nothing to really design. I guess that was their goal all along, but I always wanted my programs to be a bit more than that.

Yes, a language so elegant and lightweight that it must be implemented in six million lines of C++ grafted onto a multi-gigabyte compiler toolchain will be the perfect replacement for C, a language that only contains the bare minimum because it's meant to be used on simple chips that lack the bells and whistles.

i guess you're smarter than the gcc and llvm guys, clearly they don't know anything about compilers

Yep, and assembly is the new machine code and machine code is the new electron manipulation

Talk is cheap show me the code cnile retard

yep, and pajeets + java is the new gold standard.

this. it's basically a clean room C++ done proper at worst. and by done proper, I mean disposing of all the stupid C garbage cruft.

>Yes, a language so elegant and lightweight that it must be implemented in six million lines of C++ grafted onto a multi-gigabyte compiler toolchain will be the perfect replacement for C

as if C is literally any different. Sure, you could use some meme piece of shit toolchain that is maybe C89, but who's really doing that?

Based retard.

>Sure, you could use some meme piece of shit toolchain that is maybe C89, but who's really doing that?
People writing for embedded hardware? I'm sure there's more than a few poor devils doing that.

only old white males from the left over silicon valley faze from the 80s use C now.

prove me wrong.

>most of Jow Forums is retarded far right boomers
yes user nothing new here

Attached: 1546692409253.gif (180x180, 144K)

>believing a jew

you are better than this, Jow Forums

>Packt

Their books are absolute garbage.

How can fortran and C be so far apart. Doesn't make sense. In real world they're about equally fast.

delete this;

ITT a thread full of people implicitly saying they know more about programming than a principal engineer at Intel

This really gets the grey matter going

Rust adds its own share of garbage cruft and calls it "safety".
And Rust is closer to C than to C++.

People tend to confuse programming languages with programming methodologies. AFFINE TYPES are the future of systems programming. Rust is a slow compiler for a language with affine type with an ugly syntax.

Attached: trash boat.jpg (1062x1018, 289K)

What this pic says is that good GC languages are fast enough. Just write your shit in C# or OCaml.

I like Rust, but I agree. New languages will be created that will be more ergonomic and still deliver the benefits of affine types, but with different sets of tradeoffs.
boats.gitlab.io/blog/post/notes-on-a-smaller-rust/

Rust is a Jewish psyop

everyone knows javascript is the new assembly, only intel dumbos did not get the memo

>rust
>pipe this internet script to shell to become a tranny

hardpass, do not believe in silver bullets kids, only jews sell them

NOOOO YOU CAN't JUST USE C-
*dick gets chopped off*

He's literally a fat neckbeard with pronouns on his twitter account, and most likely a database or web developer at Intel

V is an actual meme language. You have to be retarded to think it's worth anything serious.

>Their books are absolute garbage.
Packt is just a place for indians to make $500 by selling PDF of something they plagiarized from someone else

mentioning not only dunningkruger but also socrates in one post? reddit pseud award of the week

based

>200 lines of code
>Finished dev [unoptimized + debuginfo] target(s) in 3.42s

Attached: 1567010768100.jpg (258x245, 12K)

Firefox uses rust and it doesn't use multiple threads when compiling. What a joke.

I have bad news for you, user. Unless you're programming an Arduino, those "bells and whistles" are standard on all CPUs now. That's why double-linked lists are obsolete.

>direction flag
>Something that isn't supported by every architecture can't be cross-plaltform wtf?

if your code doesn't use embeded asm to interface with the machine it's not low level C

>what is void*

>6 million
Oy Vey!

Inefficient and type unsafe mimicry of polymorphism

Muh dick