70"4K Redmi TV for less than $500

>smart tv
>70" 4K
>september 10 release
>for only €480

Attached: 1543964391690.jpg (3584x1408, 670K)

Other urls found in this thread:

4kmedia.org/real-or-fake-4k/
digiraw.com/4K-UHD-ripping-service/the-real-or-fake-4K-list/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its for mainland china release only, so unless you're interested in importing one at an absurd cost, I don't really see the advantage.

>importing one at an absurd cost
Thanks drumpf

Considering you see ads even when installing apps on miui, imagine all the shady stuff inside that TV.

you know that probably means the image is going to be absolute garbage?

its going to spy the shit out of you

If it's anything like their phones, then it's not going to be shit. They have a deal with Samsung to put Super AMOLEDs on Xiaomi phones.

>4K
Why?

t. manchild living in his basement

Attached: 1547293510898.png (500x500, 177K)

Great "answer". Mind also "answering" me this riddle - where's all the 4K content you'll totally be watching when you buy a 4K TV?

>where's all the 4K content
t. manchild living in his basement

>absurd cost
dunno everything expensive I ordered from china arrived here without me paying any tax, it might take 10 days and has about 3 additional shipping stickers from east-european countries on it but still cheaper than buying local and faster than ordering from the US.

No one is sneaking a 70" TV into the country.

Not to mention, cheap chinese shipping contracts are being cancelling in like 2 weeks. So that's disappearing too.

You can try if you want, but you're 99.99999% going to get dinged in import duties if you try to buy this TV.

>american espionage on civilians good
>chinese espionage on civilians bad
at least I'd like to prevent my wallet getting raped if I'm gonna get spied on anyways

Attached: 1546212171128.gif (365x400, 551K)

Oh, okay, another great "answer", thanks man!

HURRRR I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE 4K CONTENT IS
SPOONFEED ME DURRRRR IT'S YOUR DUTY

Attached: 1552314501712.jpg (645x729, 81K)

Fuck off retard. I know it's so scarce it can be called non-existent and I also know that you're full of shit. As well as trying way too hard to fit in.

>it can be called non-existent
No it can't there are at least 50+ titles available in true actual 4k.

Just because you don't give a fuck enough to source them, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I don't give a fuck about the latest Hollywood superhero and action bullshit "movies". And wow, 50 of them... Totally worth getting a 4K TV for and having everything else not in 4K look like absolute shit. Deal of the century!

my pc runs at any resolution I want. are you too much of a brainlet retard to think about ways 4K resolution might come in handy? go cope about the fact that you're a poorfag elsewhere

Again, what the fuck do YOUR tastes have to do with what's available in 4k?

I don't give a fuck what movies you want to watch, you're full of shit if you're saying 4k content is non-existent.

Whine about the selection of 4k content, sure. But to claim it doesn't exist is just you being a fuck head.

Also, MOST 4k releases are older titles shot on 35mm film and scanned to digital 4k res. NOT the latest blockbuster action films.

This thread is about 4K TVs genius.
>50 movies
Wow... Great fucking selection. That must mean everything is 4K now, right?
>MOST 4k releases are older titles shot on 35mm film and scanned to digital 4k res
Okay... So you keep piling on more arguments against 4K, since a good portion of that amazing ~50 title collection isn't shot in 4K but rather upscaled.

>This thread is about 4K TVs genius.
what is a tv? it's big screen. are you retarded?

>MOST 4k releases are older titles shot on 35mm film and scanned to digital 4k res.

That's not true, most 4k releases are 2K upscaled to 4K. 35mm film released in 4K is actually comparatively very rare.

>basedfag whining about 4k content
>as if it's not the norm yet

Attached: 1541795581680.png (211x239, 7K)

even with a ridiculous vat like 24% that we have in finland it totals to 590€. You aren't buying a 70" 4K tv under 600€ from anywhere else yet.

Netflix bruv

>TV and desktop monitor panels are the same

Attached: 1567179369918.png (936x900, 154K)

35mm film can be scanned at up to 6k res without an loss in quality.

It's not upscaled you retard.

Here is a SINGLE page of 7 pages worth of 4k titles.
4kmedia.org/real-or-fake-4k/

Many of them are real 4k, most of them are not new titles from 2018/19.

>35mm film released in 4K is actually comparatively very rare.
Are you just not paying attention? Most of the UHD bluray releases have been older titles shot on 35mm film.

Attached: 2019-08-30 11.33.51.jpg (972x9973, 1.83M)

>It's not upscaled you retard
What fucking ever. The majority of the titles in this list of yours aren't even in actual 4K and most of them are blockbuster bullshit. Definitely not something I'll buy a 4K TV or monitor for.

Uh, considering I actually buy blu-rays I'm pretty up to date on what is released. There are far more 4K upscales of films than there are 35mm films released as 4K.

digiraw.com/4K-UHD-ripping-service/the-real-or-fake-4K-list/

>Ctrl+F
>Real 4K
>286 results
>2 of which are from the label column, and the bottom of the page link.

So 284 Real 4k titles on that list

>ctrl+F
>Fake 4k
>370 results
>3 of which are from label column, and titles

So 367 Fake 4k titles

So 651 total titles, so 56.4% of all UHD titles are fake 4k, 43.6% of all UHD titles are real 4k.

And just scrolling through the list, clearly a solid 30-40% of the titles are older things shot on 35mm film, not new releases.

Well looking at the math , you have 284 real 4k UHD releases out there. And another 367 fake 4k movies, most of them still have object based surround sound, and or HDR colors.

So even if they're upscales, they still have advantages over a standard bluray release.

Seems like you're just gonna keep moving the goal posts though, as you've clearly decided 4K = bad.

> clearly a solid 30-40% of the titles are older things shot on 35mm film

No, not at all. Maybe a a fifth of the titles are 35mm released in 4K, most of the real 4K titles are new releases. You were wrong to claim that most 4K releases are older 35mm released in 4K, it's simply not true.

>70"
fucking why though

so I can sit farther from the screen, foureyes

Depends how you define it.

If you want to talk ACTUAL 35mm scans, you're probably right.

But if we're talking 35mm, 70mm, AND 4k digital shot BEFORE the UHD bluray standard released in 2016, then i'm correct.

Most of the films that are real 4k are NOT from 2016, 17, 18, or 19.

They're from older films shot on actual film then scanned, and they're also from digital 4k releases from ~2007-2015 that had original bluray releases, and have since been re-released on UHD in true 4k res.

But if you include those mid 2007-2015 films in your count since they usually weren't shot on 35mm film (though a few were).

>If you want to talk ACTUAL 35mm scans, you're probably right.
>But if we're talking 35mm, 70mm, AND 4k digital shot

Well considering you specified 35mm you can't
just change the subject to include everything that can be released as 4K, then you are just talking about the general real 4K vs upscaled to 4K debate.

The difference being my argument is mainly that MOST UHD titles are films shot before UHD was a thing, NOT new movie releases like YOU'RE claiming.

I'm not claiming anything other than there are far more 2K releases upscaled to 4K than there are 35mm released in 4K. It's you who are discussing completely other things because you seem to have a difficulty admitting when you are wrong.

>MOST 4k releases are older titles shot on 35mm film and scanned to digital 4k res
>most 4k releases are 2K upscaled to 4K

But I already have a non-Smart TV (that's a good thing) with a 4k IPS panel and HDR, 65" and cost 300€ new.

Attached: 1541430378244.jpg (970x880, 114K)

>most 4k releases are 2K upscaled to 4K
but they're not, just look at the list of REAL 4k, most of those titles are NOT from 2016/17/18/19

>cheap chinese shipping contracts are being cancelling in like 2 weeks
In backwards shitholes like Burgerland. OP is quoting the euro price.

They pretty much are
TVs are just bigger panels

That has nothing to do with your claim.

367 titles are 2K upscaled to 4K.
60-70ish titles are 35mm released in real 4K out of 284 real 4K titles.

Private trackers. I download my 4k rips that take up about 60-80gb and watch it in the comfiest setup. I can even see the pores on the characters skins

So what if is really cheap?

It doesn't change the fact that I don't have room in my house to sit it.

>Why?
would make a fantastic computer monitor.

brand and model?

>I can even see the pores on the characters skins
You could do that since HD.

>double reddit spacing
back to green leaf /b/ro

Not really. You can already buy decent 70 inch from Amazon for ~$800. That's with all the markups. A newer 70 inch will probably cost ~500-600 once you do the import/amazon fees. And chances are with better panel/arm chip to drive it.

>paying more for chink stuff will magically make it better

>false assumption that everything from china is the same

It usually is, with the given variations since they have their own poorfag and premium brands. The cheap stuff on Amazon is usually the same middle of the road crap with a huge mark up.

>usually is
Its the tech world. Everything is changing on monthly basis.

You might be right if the profit margins for TVs where not so slim already
By the time a TV get's into someones hand no one has made too much money
This is why TVs get refreshed every year and retailers keep a billion of them in stock at all times and it's because volume drives margins more than anything

This is more of a business world issue and nothing is changing there. Selling your cheap chink stuff for a markup is the entire business model of shops who sell chink shit.

>smart tv
why would you want that, you doublenigger. this is Jow Forums

Well? Where is it? Netflix 4K is compressed to hell and back, same goes for cable or satellite, are local channels broadcasting in 4K? So your only option of 4K content is downloads or bluray

Buy cheap, sell high. Isn't that the entire economy?

Are you retarded? There's a fuckton of 4K content these days from streaming services, UHD Blu-rays and games (even console games). You might want to crawl out from whatever rock you've been living under, because 8K TVs are starting to hit the market. Though you could justifiably ask what content you plan to watch on those.

Yeah but they're not the 4k content HE wants

I mean you can get a 43" 4K HDR TV for $220 nowadays so I'm not surprised a 70" costs that much.
90% of the time they're IPS panels which isn't necessarily bad but you know, blacks, possible backlight bleed, etc.

>Though you could justifiably ask what content you plan to watch on those.

You don't buy 8K or 4K really for the content, it is too keep pixel density at a sufficient level for bigger screens.

>as you've clearly decided 4K = bad.
Not at all. When it starts to get standardized, then I'll support it. That's my main gripe more than anything.
>There's a fuckton of 4K content these days from streaming services, UHD Blu-rays and games

It's bad because of those issues, but more importantly none of the quality TV producers make IPS panels that are high-grade.

Most TVs are VA actually
Only LG and some Sony models are really the ones that use IPS
Rather have VA anyway IMO

I mean my LG one I got from black friday last year is working fine with pretty non-existent bleed/glow. Just the blacks obviously which I can't really get any better at with IPS. Either way I guess I won the panel lottery, it's been doing great delivering vibrant colors.
Can't say much about how annoying webOS is but that's a different thing

Netflix 4k is still much better than Netflix 1080p.

At 70" even 4K panel pixels are already big and visible.

How are those numbers bad?
Over 40% of all UHD blurays are real 4k, there are over 600 UHD blurays, that's a massive amount of true 4k content.

Not to mention the sound codecs supported by UHD blurays are better, and the HDR metadata makes movies look better, even if they are just upscaled from 2k. I'd rather have a 2k upscale with HDR than a standard bluray release at 2k without the HDR or better sound.
It would be NICE if all UHD blurays were real 4k, but it's nowhere near as barren as you're implying in your posts.

I don't think the goal is to have a awesome DPI
People use 1080P projectors projecting on 120" screens because the goal is largeness or emulation of a cinema screen

pixel size is relative to distance

What are some good tv brands that dont cost an arm and leg?

It's all about viewing distance user, the THREE factors all relate to each other.

Viewing distance, panel size, pixels per inch.

Bretty much. And since they are aiming at people who want the cheapest stuff, while also aiming to maximize their profits ... how likely is it that you're not going to get the cheapest stuff china has to offer but with an amazon tax?

Yeah but TVs are generally meant for indoors/home use where distance is being pretty limited in most cases.

You can do the math yourself using THX recommended viewing distance formula.

A 70" 4k panel is great from ~4.5-7 feet.

Beyond that it starts to look like 1080p.

Attached: 2019-08-30 13_21_45.png (1188x627, 56K)

Part of the purpose of 4K is to be able to have a larger or closer display for a more immersive experience without being able to see the pixels.

nobody gives a damn about usa and their stupid practices

>d-do I fit in yet, Jow Forumsuys?

>smart tv
This is a con
>no mention of display type or panel type
it's shit

I all for chink botnet, mainly because I know it makes amerifats mad

Why is chink shit so much superior. US tech companies are fucking retarded, I swear.

>>no mention of display type or panel type
Most TVs don't advertise this in the first place
>it's shit
It's only shit because you judge by panel type which is precisely why the current monitor market is shit

who gives a shit you fucking niggerfaggot

dunno man, EE trackers are literally chock full of 4k content and even trace amounts of 8k

This TV would be competing with gooks, IDK you bring america into this

TVs have big latency

>having everything else not in 4K look like absolute shit.
there is no interpolation with 4k -> 1080 downscale dummy

have you been living under a rock for the last ten years?

panel type is hugely important and TVs should specify. That being said why by a tv that isn't OLED, QLED or ""quantum dot""?

Meanwhile. I'm watching anime on a 32in 720p DYNEX LCD tv right now that has black blotches at the top of the screen.

> having everything else not in 4K look like absolute shit. Deal of the century!
that is not how resolution works.
to be fair, while knowing the soecs is handy and I appreciate the site. "fake 4k" is an oversimplification. Some things are made from 2.5k or anything between 2k and 4k masters. And it ignores things like HDR. Also don't know why he is insisting on 35mm. It's more 70mm shit that looks god tier in 4k.

Good luck getting a chinese 70" TV intact in your house with regular, free shipping.

Because no one in recorded history ever said "gee, I wish I would've bought a shittier TV"

Does it have displayport?

> living in the land of the freedom