/BaSeD/ - BSD Thread

>#1 on servers
>#1 on desktops
>#1 on mobile
>#1 on embedded systems
>#1 on wearables

Attached: freebsd-logo.png (489x480, 283K)

your mother is a wearable.

Do any of them support the RX 580 or Nouveau yet?

Actually yes.

#1 on stupid loser autism shit designed to make you incompatible with society and the entire world and make you turbo nosedive at light speed into that fucking basement and get on irc

Yeah

>bsd

Attached: 1518633762540.png (1170x836, 160K)

Saw a cheap book at the bookstore on learning freebsd but then I remembered all the shitposts on Jow Forums about it can someone tl;dr ?

Threadly reminder

Attached: Stallman vs. BSD.jpg (499x499, 87K)

Yep. BSD typically has better FPS than Linux believe it or not

which ones?

NetBSD has a Nouveau port. OpenBSD is getting amdgpu support soon.

Thinking of switching from Gentoo to OpenBSD...
I just started looking into it though so I don't know a whole lot yet.
Good Idea?
Bad Idea?
Tips?

for all the games you cannot run on *BSD

>le ebin bsd bad, gahnoo good meme
>>>/reddit/

My point being that alleged slightly better performance doesn't matter if the only games you're running are through wine.

Linux is indeed slightly better with some games available natively, but I ended up using Proton for some games because emulated Windows was better than the steaming pile of trash that was the native Linux version.

If your goal is to play games, you should install Windows 10. BSD is interesting and a worthy candidate on servers, but claiming it is suitable for desktop gaming use is just silly.

People who game on Linux could do it just as well on BSD, agreed 10 is the only real option for seamless gaming though

Can you plz bend me over and fuck me hard?

>Using FreeBSD instead of the superior OpenBSD

This. OpenBSD FTW.

IT'S HAPPENING

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 1.02.11 PM.png (257x236, 83K)

Let me guess. A VM!!!? Cuz you don’t have the balls to install on bare metal. Cuz “muh gaymes” “muh photoshop”