Dude, Arch is waaaay smoother than NOOBuntu cause it's not full of bloat

>dude, Arch is waaaay smoother than NOOBuntu cause it's not full of bloat
>"how do you get basic functionality out of it?"
>just install triple as many programs as Ubuntu comes with

Attached: kisspng-arch-linux-linux-distribution-installation-xfce-arch-5b475bdcc30da8.121634171531403228799.jp (900x500, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/graphics/package-logos.en.html
archlinux.org/news/tensorflow1140-5-update-requires-manual-intervention/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>source: OPs rectum

Install what programs,are you fucking dumb ?

He does have a point, Arch's package configurations are usually fucking horrible

noobuntu?
you mean UcuntU

Attached: xxe2p6a42nx11.jpg (1000x922, 60K)

What makes you think you need to install more packages for it to work?

Okay show me your fresh installed, usable Arch without added packages. No one's holding their breath

I'm using Arch on a server
AMA

show me an Ubuntu (specifically an minimal install comparable to Arch) that doesn't require added packages to be usable as well...

>>just install triple as many programs as Ubuntu comes with
I need under a thousand packages, even when playing around a bit...

???
Install the packages you need, you will end up with less packages then Ubuntu for obvious reasons.

install alpine

Do you have sex?

Nope
Why?

No one mentioned minimal. Whole point of the OP was that as a functional desktop OS; Arch is a joke

OK, compare Ubuntu to something like SwagArch then - something designed to be a usable desktop out of the box instead of a base upon which you build your system.

I'm not even trying to say there's anything wrong with Ubuntu or that Arch is all better and shit, just that you're comparing them unfairly. You're free to do that but you come off looking gay and retarded.

arch isn't really that hard to install. Yes it's harder than ubuntu, but if you're someone who wants to have everything just the way you want it, then you'll have to edit the same stuff in ubuntu that you did yourself in the arch install.
If you know your way around linux it really shouldn't take you longer than 15-30min to install arch
and I'm like 90% sure the appeal of arch is to have a system just the way you like it, not actually to have less bloat

Yep, in fact Arch packages are "bloated" compared to Ubuntu. They compile support for as much as possible and leave the headers/documentation as part of the package where Ubuntu splits them.

you're retarded and even you know it yourself

It's easy as shit to install, but for end users it's pointless because you just build up the same shit Ubuntu / Debian already gave you

even Manjaro that's perfectly usable out of the box comes with like 1100 packages
what the fuck are you on

Fedora has like 2336 for me

Attached: file.png (1459x932, 93K)

Unironically, unless you just kinda want to install everything on your own, LinuxMint is the best distro. It works out of the box with generic drivers and you can still do all the customization you want. Why make shit harder on yourself? Do you think it's cool that you had to fucking spend 2 days finding a semi-compatible driver and modding it to work on your system? Barely any bloat, either. Shit works well.

I'm long over the pretending I'm cool because I can work on a command line. I want effeciency and simplicity because every minute I spend dicking with barebones distros is another minute I'm not using doing other shit. Like shitposting.

Attached: Awoooooo.png (1920x1080, 1.78M)

>Do you think it's cool that you had to fucking spend 2 days finding a semi-compatible driver and modding it to work on your system?
This is actually what Mint/Banto users believe

No wonder when you mindlessly install a bunch of shit like you did just now. Neofetch is just a script, just put it somewhere in your path instead of installing from the repo and having all those needless deps forced down your throat.

t. barely has a working system "minimalist" who probably like symlinks libraries when his program can't find the right version and does all kinds of other retarded shit instead of just using the extra 2 KB disk space

I just don't get why people don't go for efficiency. I used arch and debian for years and got tired of it. Once the new Debian came out, drivers no longer supported my system and I couldn't get a bunch of random shit to work. I coded a few of my own drivers and decided it was a waste of time.

>I coded a few of my own drivers
This is actually what Mint/Banto users want us to believe

K

>Arch Linux is a general-purpose distribution. Upon installation, only a command-line environment is provided: rather than tearing out unneeded and unwanted packages, the user is offered the ability to build a custom system by choosing among thousands of high-quality packages provided in the official repositories for the x86-64 architecture.
I'm surprised you're smart enough to complete the captcha for posting.

You end up with just as many packages as a not retarded distro. Why bother?

s󠀀mh, some people just don't get it. That's fine. Some people would rather build up their system instead of remove parts to get it how they like it.

this. Install BSD or just download fucking Ubuntu, Arch is a UNIX larp

contrary to popular belief, most people use Arch because you always get the latest shit, not to impress desktop thread trannies with their low package count in neofetch

>Number of installed packages is a definitive measure of bloat
Can we stop this retarded meme

reminder to
yay -Syu today

reminder to
yay today

holy shit new nvidia dropped, thanks tripfag

Ooof got me there.

Shit.
reminder to
yay
today

>caca-utils

I don't even use Arch anymore but still autistically apt update && upgrade whenever I open a terminal

>hurr durr my system is 0.124% faster but 20% less stable
>this is a good thing

the logo is even a turd.

Speaking of funny/bad logos for free softwares, look here for some good ones.
gnu.org/graphics/package-logos.en.html
Like the logo for recutils is literally two turtles fucking

Attached: file.png (458x160, 62K)

So Arch isn't for you. Some people really like trying the latest versions of software. It's cool if you don't stick to Slackware

this one never fails to make me lmao out loud

Attached: GnuPascal.png (736x594, 10K)

What the fuck it's true

Attached: recutils.250x100.png (250x100, 19K)

611 packages here.

convertible laptop are a pain to install

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-30_21-42-43.png (1920x1280, 672K)

my convertible laptop has no issues with linus.

the mini iso

yeah I know of its existence, but it's about as usable as an Arch without adding more stuff right

the touchscreen is a pain. I have to remake the firmware module everytime i -Syu

pulse audio and the dual boot took a time, but it because it was the first time setting it up

shame, my touchscreen has worked out of the box on all distros I've tried. It's got a wacom digitizer in there too which makes it even more surprising desu because iirc those used to be a huge pain to get working in linux

>yay -Syu
>warning: pango: ignoring package upgrade (1:1.43.0-2 => 1:1.44.5-1)
wew i have to find a solution to this shit aint chaning my font just because a gnome tranny got fired for being unproductive

they dropped support for bitmap fonts right?
Can't you just convert them to ttf and keep using them?

>mfw just straight up running uncustomized larbs

Attached: grill.png (562x491, 295K)

>Can't you just convert them to ttf and keep using them?
i don't want to, eventually i will because the alternative means to force devs to use my shit fork for their shit software.

Arch Linux is for people who circle jerk their anime wallpapers on Jow Forums because they think they are smarter than others.

a damn shame

archlinux.org/news/tensorflow1140-5-update-requires-manual-intervention/

fuck them they should put this type of shit backed into pacman, at least Arch is not retarded like the Termux distro

Arch is not that difficult and time consuming to setup,

I mean, you DO KNOW how gnu/linux works.. right?

oh no? You just want to press the button and your computer desktop to be up and running?

oh, you just use steam and firefox/chrome?

ok then, continue using newb distros or even worse Windows, the grandma friendly certified os.

>wanting to spend hours installing an os
>doing anything to install your os
>not using superior ubuntu.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Jow Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my best to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>oh, you want your computer to work? go install windows you technologically illiterate scum
lol

arch groups so many packages together the number is meaningless

I'm going to need you to stop being such a faggot and let the other faggots enjoy their retarded faggotry

Attached: 1566510727477.jpg (553x559, 73K)

I'm sitting pretty on Slackware, so who gives a fuck?