Thanks Apple for such a great invention

I hate apple but you gotta admit the fingerprint sensor was a fucking great addition that obviously got copied by other companies but unlike the removal of the headphone jack, this one was for good

Attached: iphone_5s_touch_id_fingerprint_video_hero_4x3[1].jpg (830x623, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2019/08/in-wild-ios-exploit-chain-5.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>apple invented fingerprint scanners

Attached: 5ac1b8838a7aff89af3ff677ba3f070d.jpg (720x303, 27K)

Nobody cared about it until apple put it on the iphone

Thanks Apple for copying Samsung.

>fingerprint sensor
The first thing I'd rip out of a phone.

and only retards giving their prints to fbi care now, it's useless

>be me
>buy an old iphone to see what the hype is about
>on the first bootup it doesn’t recognise my sim card
>reboots
>it works
>blah blah no one cares
>sets up touch id
>locks phone to test it
>doesn’t recognise any of my fingers
>asks for password
>happens every single fucking day

>fingerprint sensor
The botnet is encroaching more and more every day

>muh privacy
cringe

Why are people so provavy butthurt about something they leave haphazardly everywhere they go?

>buys old phone
>wonders why it doesn't work

Remember when fingerprint scanners and iris scanners were futuristic shit that only fictional high tech top secret laboratories had?

>muh privacy
>cringe
I think at least credit card fraud is in order for troglodytes like you.

You know those are insecure right?

googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2019/08/in-wild-ios-exploit-chain-5.html
>The more important takeaway, however, is what the vulnerability was. In 2014, Apple added an unfinished implementation of a new feature named “vouchers” and part of this new code was a new syscall (technically, a task port MIG method) which, from what I can tell, never worked. To be clear, if there had been a test which called the syscall with the expected arguments, it would have caused a kernel panic. If any Apple developer had attempted to use this feature during those four years, their phone would have immediately crashed.

>In this detailed writeup, we'll look at exactly how the attackers exploited this issue to install their malicious implant and monitor user activity on the devices. My next writeup is on the implant itself, including command and control and a demonstration of its surveillance capabilities.

>Vouchers were a feature introduced with iOS 8 in 2014. The vouchers code seems to have landed without being fully implemented, indicated by the comment above the vulnerable code:

>You're not alone if you can't immediately spot the bug in the above snippet; it remained in the codebase and on all iPhones since 2014, reachable from the inside of any sandbox. You would have triggered it though if you had ever tried to use this code and called task_swap_mach_voucher with a valid voucher. Within those four years, it’s almost certain that no code was ever written to actually use the task_swap_mach_voucher feature, despite it being reachable from every sandbox.

>It was likely never called once, not during development, testing, QA or production (because otherwise it would have caused an immediate kernel panic and forced a reboot). I can only assume that it slipped through code review, testing and QA. task_swap_mach_voucher is a kernel MIG method on a task port; it also cannot be disabled by the iOS sandbox, further compounding this error.

It was all the rage back in 2008 with the thinkpad x200

My ancient Thinkpad has a fingerprint reader which integrates into CUPS providing an integrated way to raise permissions if you're at the machine. And unlike with Apple the fingerprint is stored only inside the reader device itself, so the OS can never see it. It simply asks to enroll or confirm a fingerprint.

Based fprintd.

>certain ones are less secure than others
>one was defeated on slashdot that one time, so therefore they are all busted

give it back LaShantequee

do you retards actually think anyone gives a shit about you enough to put your fingerprints to use? unless you're some crime committing nigger it doesn't matter

my old-ass Toshiba had a fucking fingerprint scanner, and that was maybe in 2005. it was sick

No it is not and I hate it, I have sweaty hands and out of 10 it works like 3-4 times, and I have to write the passcode.

>obviously got copied by other companies

Had a fingerprint reader on a smartphone I owned 8 FUCKING YEARS AGO, son, so no, Apple didn't fuckin' invent 'em.

GET THE FUCK OUT