Hi Jow Forums

Hi Jow Forums
My Asus Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC is currently cabled like this. I read somewhere that they should be 2 separate cables -- is this true?

My card has been working fine, used it for 2 weeks now. But was just wondering.

Attached: strix.jpg (2048x1536, 356K)

holy fuck stop using that right now

It's fine, don't worry about it.

Talk to me

I read it can get less power like this, which can limit some things, perhaps OC?

On 3Dmark I got like 12,500 points and it said better than 95% of people so I assumed it is getting enough juice.

-Op

Dude, you're gonna fuck up the card. This is a classic housefire recipe.

The voltage draw is too great for those when used on more powerful cards. Its usually only used on cheaper cards, mainly older cards that needed a different power delivery method.

Attached: GKv8LqF.jpg (1034x689, 288K)

You will get more fps with 2 cables

That's two cables, two 8-pin connectors for 16 total which is what you need.

kek

Do you mean that the problem is that they are those "combined types" with 6 plus 2? it has the small piece that attaches to the other one, which makes 8. It should be a "solid" 8 pins one per side?

Op

Is that a meshify c? Good case, shit thread

wtf

It's fine, especially with those over spec cables.
Yes, two different cables would be better, but you'll never draw enough for this current setup to be a problem.

Attached: Nendoroid-Ciruno-5.jpg (930x744, 84K)

I have no idea what I was typing with my post lol, kind of drunk. It seems a lot of people have problems with a single cable split into 2x 8-pin so maybe you should switch to 2 separate cables.

>It should be a "solid" 8 pins one per side?

I think all 8-pins are 6+2.

>I think 6 + 2 = 8
good job man, 8/8

Your modular psu should have two separate 8 pin connections

By modular PSU do you mean the .. PSU?
I just checked, and there are several available spots on it, so I can easily get another 8 pin and split it up.

I'll do it just in case.
Thans all.

OP

Asking Jow Forums this sorta question in not gonna give you any helpful answers. Head over to reddit or google for the 1 billion forum posts that have answered this question already.

That being said, that setup is just fine.

There’s modular, semi modular, and non modular psu. Just depends which one you have

You're not delivering enough amps to the card.
Under real load your system will crash.

>That being said, that setup is just fine.
If you want to burn down your house.

Yes running 2 different cables from the PS can net you a little better performance if you can manage to do so. Did it with my 1080ti and was able to bump the clocks little more than before.

i love Jow Forums

assuming you are using a PSU and cables etc. after 2010 , one 8 pin can supply almost 400 W while your card has a max draw of 250W , so you are fine even if you have only one 8 pin connected to two 8 pins

This

This

/thread

>Republic of GAMERS

Attached: batemansmile.jpg (250x325, 18K)

my computer didn't have any 8 pins so I got an adapter to mate two 6 pins together for my 1080 and it's fine