>tfw the botnet doesn't want you to do it for free

>see janny applications, consider applying for once because why not
>"orientation over Discord"
>"must be present on Discord whenever performing janitor tasks"
I thought they used IRC for this? No way I'm installing that botnet and then using it daily. Is that why the moderation is going to shit? Because they're all discord trannies now?

Attached: 1494400173925.jpg (320x238, 24K)

Yes.

Wai,t you must report to someone your janitorial activities, like some dog, and all that for free?
Jesus christ imagine being a pathetic cuck who would be glad to do that

being a janitor is like being a gimp

Click the link at the top of the page and read for yourself

>imagine actually wanting to get cucked by hiro

Attached: do it for free.png (243x145, 2K)

Attached: 2019-08-30-224331_810x94_scrot.png (810x94, 15K)

>you don't seem to understand

>a shame you seemed an honest man

Attached: do it for free.png (810x253, 18K)

you guys think that's bad? look at d2jsp lmao

Nothing?

Attached: Nothing.webm (711x400, 1.92M)

you also have to give gookmoot all your personal info

Beyond what's in the application form?

discord jannies

Attached: 🤔🐸 .png (620x620, 224K)

>discord jannies
thats some /x/ tier meme summoning

Of all places I figured Jow Forums would not want to use centralized, proprietary Discord for it's management . Did they use IRC in the past?

If they are not going to use it and want something Discord like, why not Matrix? Hell hiroshimoot could run an instance for cheap and even having it somewhat associated with Jow Forums would make it popular and pull some interest away from Discord overall.

For those not aware, it's matrix.org , a federated open source protocol with all Discords features plus more, like zero knowledge encryption and of course multiple servers thanks to federation. It's kind of a successor to XMPP but made for the Discord/slack all in one messenger era. Most popular client is Riot.im but there are others with varying levels of support for different features of the Matrix protocol. Unlike Discord, you can roll your own server, register on any server you wish, and talk to people on different ones.

You can still report stuff on IRC (at least I do) and get a timely response. If I wanted pretty animations I would use MS Comic Chat.

Does it do voice channels yet?

They used to use IRC but most of the new zoomer janitors found it too complicated so they decided to switch to Discord.

>MS Comic Chat
haha forgot about that one

This is why you're all my niggas.

>a jap using gook software
What timeline is this lads?

iirc, the official IRC channel is (or at least at one point was) #Jow Forums on Rizon.

Being a janny has some advantages though.

Imagine working for free

>I thought they used IRC for this?
not since hiromoot took over. and nobody (with any fucking sense) will willingly use discord, considering the massive privacy problems it has, and its snitching to police.. and ghost administrators/furry pedophiles sitting in groups without anyone knowing.
correct
fucking hell. i do wonder if he ever re-read that later and thought to himself:
> i'm just a fucking embarrassment
i would feel that way if i wrote such fucking cancer.

You are literally cleaning up the garbage of other people FOR FREE.

benefit of being a janitor:
> none
they really should start paying people, would be only way you could get anyone to use discord or to clean up the shit left around here. i've applied serveral times in the past for several boards, with decades experience with certain topics and hosting systems and image boards. i was unemployed so had nothing else better to do.. but i discovered through chats on irc that people like myself they're not interested in, they want complete mindless fucking cucks that are willing to suck cock and say nothing. they're that terrified of having more jannies and mods leaking data about how the site is operating, whos paying for the bills etc. ;) so.. you can just imagine the kind of oestrogen filled faggots they want working >for free

>they're that terrified of having more jannies and mods leaking data about how the site is operating
I mean they probably should be. Imagine the shitstorm if anything major leaked.

give it time. they'll make the mistake of hiring someone they think is a gutless cuck but will just turn on them and dump everything he's collected in the blink of an eye. they should be very concerned. their confidentiality agreements aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Oh I'm sure. There might even be a man on the inside right now working his way up and gaining trust so he can get the real juicy stuff. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't happened already, but then again these things take time.

You guessed your own post number?

I frequent a certain general on a certain board, which has this particular janny stalking it. He comes in delet/banstorms. He deletes all the opinions that trigger him, and all the evidence of his interferance, and that’s how he manipulates the thread in his favor. Not naming, not shaming. But it’s really bad.
Jannie system needs an overhaul.

please name and shame on /qa/

Perhaps I should. Once I can collect enough evidence, which is the tricky part here.

You'd be retarded to think that a janitor would even have access to any of that information. At most they'd just have slightly elevated abilities like post deletion and viewing reports that come in