Women in tech

Anyone have that video where a lady programmer goes up to a "Get women to code!" panel and tells them that most female programmers are trash?

Attached: const.jpg (1340x1226, 289K)

It's not about women only, it is a pajeet thing, so you could get an idea if it is pajeet+women

not a C programmer so what exactly is she "doing"? and why does it seem like a shit idea

Const keyword makes a variable immutable. She didn't do anything stupid, just nothing special either.

I'm curious what that log looks like with const filtered out.

At least she did it, unlike you op.
Also, I doubt you could add const everywhere without having at least a little understanding.

what do you have to show for yourself shitlord?

White knights

but tbf it needs to be done at some point

loo

>Adding the type qualifier "const" makes something read only
Feels like I'm missing something here...

>Also, I doubt you could add const everywhere without having at least a little understanding.
You actually could. Just const everything and fix the cases where the compiler screams at you. Nevertheless she still did a good job. It’s a thing nobody feels like doing and it improves the codebase.

Just some non-c programmers who misunderstand the meaning and purpose of const

cope. Also learn some programming before speaking. 99% of Jow Forums couldn't do this shit

Eh, "do one thing and do it well" is part of the UNIX philosophy.

Adding const to a lot of places is just making the code worse, because when users check who last modified code they will see her name all over the place. The benefit of const in a large code project isn't beneficial enough for ruining git blame author. If somebody does git blame and sends her an email about specific code, she wont be able to understand; unless the learned fully about every place she added const to

unless she*

adding const should increase the performance of the code so thanks to you your loonix installation runs these few nano secs faster, you should thankful to ther.

What? You could literally write a script that adds const everywhere it’s possible. The compiler already knows what can be const and what cannot.

How much have you contributed to the linux kernel?

Not Type const? Are you retarded?

One would think that is the case, however when running with full optimization enabled, that isn't the case, especially with const to pointer types. compiles wont optimize those, because they can still be modified elsewhere

Eh, I know that user. Just thought it would be an epic bait but seems like without a deep understanding in compiler internals this joke went over the head of a typical Jow Forums user.

>i was just pretending to be retarded. h-hehe. just an epic bait. s-seriously Jow Forumsuys.
You aren’t fooling anyone.