Why isn't it free to host a website yet?

why isn't it free to host a website yet?

Attached: 8189704350_3a2fa7da99.jpg (500x403, 32K)

>what is github.io?

there are many free web hosts available.

It is if you host it on one of your own computers.

>why isn't electricity and internet bandwidth free yet?
what a dumb fucking question

another question: why isn't internet free?

>install webserver on your pc
>???

Attached: C7U6v2WVSAbHi1Im_FcpYiEM6AImtskgz8PUzihT7hc.jpg (768x1022, 183K)

>milk
mhmmmm

/thread

Blame late-stage capitalism for it. Everything that can be consumed is commercialized now and sold at a maximum price.

I hope FSF and Stallman will become more influential as the Western society is getting tired of rising inequality, falling real wages, non-existant socioeconomic mobility and unbridled corporatism. We need a serious change of economic and social paradigm.

It is, besides the cost of you running your hardware.

Just start a server, configure your router and you have your own website set up. And from anywhere in the world people can access it through the IP.

>Blame late-stage capitalism for it.
Lol.
OP is wrong, but not as idiotic as the concept of late stage capitalism.

>late-stage capitalism
what?
>give me this for free
>no fuck off
>muh capitalism is bad!!!

Won't your isp terminate your service if they see you hosting a web server?

>rising inequality
Inequality has never been this drastically decreasing.

>falling real wages
Mostly a function of immigration.

>non-existant socioeconomic mobility
Just effectively, as low skill labour flocks onto the job market.

maybe if you live in the land of freedom

Is that that twitch thot Brittany Venti?
The fuck?
Haven't seen her content in a while. Is this where she is now? protesting shit.

>We
I mean, I did all of this once and my service hasn't been terminated.

If you actually try running a website which gets a lot of traffic things might be different though.

iot devices and everything else with a web interface has a web server. they'll only complain if you get a considerable amount of traffic.

Even if I didn't have a job I don't know if I would want any internet facing servers on my network that I need to look after.

>is getting tired of rising inequality
Another bank failure would be needed to wipe out all of the wealth

Attached: inequalitygraph-thumb-454x357.jpg (454x357, 50K)

yeah running a static site in nginx is a full time job

those breasts are fantastic

It is free. I'm hosting a few right now and all I paid for was a domain, I rent a VPS, and pay for internet access at home where one of my servers lives.

Don't want to get political, yet have to comment your post
>Inequality has never been this drastically decreasing.
Wrong, see picrelated
>Mostly a function of immigration.
Immigration has existed long before 1970s, it became after the Industrial Revolution and the first wave of modern urbanization, yet wages were rising much faster than inflation. Now they are not

Attached: piketty.jpg (1200x861, 276K)

*it became massive after the Industrial Revolution

huh, that's what your mom said last night

I've had a paid webhost with 500mb of storage and couple gigs of bandwith per month that has ~4 lines of http and 1 pic in it for some time now.
Don't know what the fuck to do with it really.

>Immigration has existed long before 1970s
Not with these numbers and from areas which produced nothing but economical unviability.
Immigration into, eg. the US was fundamentally different as it was coming into a heavily demanding economy AND (which is something people do not always realize) was under harsh conditions, if you failed to find work and fit in you would have to leave.

Immigration certainly has had a major impact, in countries that have transitioned to a more highly skilled job market you now have an influx of low skilled labor, which leads to a decrease in real wages, an effective end to upward mobility as the people who move up economically do nothing but fill the spots in the labour market and greater inequality.
Also that is why corporations obviously love it so much, fierce competition on the job market can only be good for them.

>what is geocities