Thank you, Mr.Boss Man

>Be me
>22 years old
>Have been working as an SQL engineer for about a year and a half
>Making around $19 an hour, and making almost $3200 a month
>Good money, but struggling a bit with debt I accumulated while in a uni.
>Start lowering my monthly food allowance.
>Get rid of cable, keeping just internet.
>Sell some other stuff I dont need.
>Boss sees im late a few days in a row and seem unusually tired.
>Instead of blasting me, he asks me to come and talk to him
>My boss is a very nice older English man with a thick accent.
>I tell him my situation.
>Tells me he likes my work and I am ready for him to ask if I need more hours
>Instead, he starts training me himself, and after a few weeks I am promoted to SQL project manager.
>Keep trying to learn more to impress him and be better at my job.
>Gets a raise to salary, making around $4800 a month after taxes.
>Contact my school, and get on a tuition assistance program.
>Debt payments are cut literally in half.
>Get new car
>Was driving a 2004 ford focus for about 7 years.
>Start working out more because of newfound motivation.
This has been about six months ago, I dropped nearly twenty pounds, going from ~200 to 178 today.
My boss is about to retire next year.
I am successful now because of him.
Thank you Mr. Boss Man.

Attached: adL4gNQ_700b.jpg (600x714, 72K)

Godspeed Mr. Boss Man!

Cool story bro

Attached: 1408161785306.gif (250x245, 2M)

my boss was a saffer cunt who couldnt manage his way out of a wet paper bag. took credit for my work and blamed me for his. accused me of laziness when there was literally nothing to do half the time. made a spreadsheet tracking the very minute i arrived and left every day. fuck him.

good for you though OP

nice story user, hope i can meet a boss like yours :)

Thanks Mr. Boss Man.

Posting in based thread.

Nice, dude.
Still in uni, but in germany, so it's free.
I'm not sure what i'll do with it afterwards. I'm in a very good place for it as there are many offices and yet few unis and colleges that offer IT.

I love what i do, i get to start out with a black 0 on my bank account, and since i'm a german citizen i can go anywhere. Future's looking bright, user.

Very cool!

congrats :)

Tuition is not too terrible here in Canada, but I still racked up next to $40,000 CA in debt over about three years.

Thank Mr. Boss Man for ten years of good luck

>dubs
Thank you Mr boss man

>be American
>have to go 60k in debt, 1/3 of degree was lefty bullshit
>barely learned anything because all classes are geared around helping women and negroid pass, instead of learning
God damn I wish I was german.

Pepe sure is having fun with his wife's son.

Also American here. Trade schools, and cert programs are all you need, bruv. Uni in the U.S. is a complete scam.

This is now a blessed thread.
>Thank you Mr. Boss Man

Attached: 1364428841861.jpg (816x816, 268K)

Germany hits a lot of sweetspots, yes. But the country has inner turmoil that is largely ignored by the media. The former DDR (behind the iron curtrain) and BRD halves are friendly to eachother, but its people still hold wildly different political views. There has been a very sharp increase in right wing opinions on the east side of germany. Now is not a good time to come here. Real estate prices are soaring, the age demographic is rapidly worsening, more seniors without kids needing somebody to pay for their retirement. I'm very probably going to jump ship before i get taxed to high hell so that old man müller can trash his 6th car this month.

you bought a new car? hope you paid cash and not a loan, else you're a retard

I bought a used 2018. Was previously owned by a rental car company. It has around 22,000 miles on it. The location closed, so the cars were sold at auction. Financed it through my bank, but only owe another $1500 CA on it because I have been paying far more than the minimum payments. Should have it paid off in a month or maybe two.
And by new, its new to me.

so you didn't even have a spare 20k in the bank and you went out and bought a new car? not gonna make it.

Nice LARP. Obviously no people are nice in a capitalist system.

not to you, because your face elicits negative response