Why exactly does this man get treated almost like a god figure on Jow Forums

Attached: 2013-10-20_230331.png (736x543, 646K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4231599/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

where is this from?

because he's a clown who almost manages to justify some of their contrarian nonsense

He has strong, well thought out values and is willing to be inconvenienced to further them.
His predictions come true.
He fights for Freedom.

Attached: 1504125887616.jpg (400x413, 95K)

>fat out of touch neckbeard
>muh privacy
he's literally Jow Forums, user

Richard Matthew Stallman (/ˈstɔːlmən/; born March 16, 1953), often known by his initials, rms,[1] (also his email ID), and occasionally upper-case RMS, is an American free software movement activist and programmer. He campaigns for software to be distributed in a manner such that its users receive the freedoms to use, study, distribute, and modify that software. Software that ensures these freedoms is termed free software. Stallman launched the GNU Project, founded the Free Software Foundation, developed the GNU Compiler Collection and GNU Emacs, and wrote the GNU General Public License.

Stallman launched the GNU Project in September 1983 to create a Unix-like computer operating system composed entirely of free software.[2] With this, he also launched the free software movement. He has been the GNU project's lead architect and organizer, and developed a number of pieces of widely used GNU software including, among others, the GNU Compiler Collection,[3] GNU Debugger,[4] and GNU Emacs text editor.[5] In October 1985[6] he founded the Free Software Foundation.

Stallman pioneered the concept of copyleft, which uses the principles of copyright law to preserve the right to use, modify, and distribute free software, and is the main author of free software licenses which describe those terms, most notably the GNU General Public License (GPL), the most widely used free software license.[7]

In 1989, he co-founded the League for Programming Freedom. Since the mid-1990s, Stallman has spent most of his time advocating for free software, as well as campaigning against software patents, digital rights management (which he referred to as digital restrictions management, calling the more common term misleading), and other legal and technical systems which he sees as taking away users' freedoms. This has included software license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, activation keys, dongles, copy restriction, proprietary formats, and binary executables without source code.

He fights for our freedom user.

he invented freedom

>out of touch
And yet he keeps being proven right

that and he's accomplished a lot with the gnu project. you need to be blind not to see the significance of gnu projects in the computing ecosystem

based

sometimes i feel embarrassed using an OS made by the (((GNU))) retard

forgot to mention: although i hate him, i can't deny what he did with Free software

>sometimes i feel embarrassed

Attached: 1556610155563.png (469x452, 277K)

I touch myself thinking of this giant belly lubed in oil.

He might be a lulcow but he is ethically consistent and has created software that you make use of everyday without even realizing it.

Attached: images (34).jpg (229x221, 7K)

RMS is unironically the closest thing we'll ever have to the Jesus of software
he's obviously batshit and I don't agree with a lot of his personal views but the guy has changed computing (and the world, to some degree) for the better

>Jesus of software
>changed computing for the better
So unlike jesus

well now that you mention it...

he drifts into moral decadence sometimes, like necrophilia, cannibalism, and kid fucking

He's basically destroyed his whole professional career and prospects because of his principles. Most people are too much of a pussy to do that and it is admirable to see.

Necrophilia and cannibalism are not bad by themselves.
A corpse has no sanctity, it's not a person, just a sentimental object left where a person died.

Attached: when-you-stab-your-elderly-neighbor-in-the-chest-and-9022915~2.png (500x471, 260K)

the chad gut flex

Not related

Attached: 800px-Stallman-medres.jpg (800x533, 86K)

Attached: hello from rms.jpg (640x480, 64K)

Attached: hobo begs for sandwich.jpg (900x675, 167K)

Attached: stallman pepsi ad.jpg (4039x2690, 3.25M)

Attached: stallman wearing mumu alongside portland natives.jpg (960x708, 86K)

Attached: homeless man computing in trash can.jpg (675x900, 214K)

Attached: sexy stripper.jpg (1000x667, 332K)

Who's the dude in the green jacket?

gcc and emacs

>steal his belongings
nothing belongs to dead people, retard
you literally can't argue against "might is right" without resorting to "m-muh laws!", "m-muh bible!"

if we're talking about humans it's bad, if we're not talking about humans it's not ethics

wtf are those???

Attached: what_the.gif (499x374, 409K)

It's not bad by itself.
Actions leading to it may be, but those two by themselves aren't.
>if we're not talking about humans it's not ethics
If you actually believe this, you have to be a genuine mong.

Because he invented emacs

It’s ironic.

Attached: stallman was right again.png (869x763, 934K)

Why do you faggota keep calling him based. Hes an unironic lib

He may be liberal,but hes based in my heart for making computers better with free software.

i dont think he asked for the wiki

>most based guy involved in software is cringe&bluepilled because he doesn't fit my Jow Forumstard meme woldview
Even worse: he's not even a liberal, you're raging at a strawman.

He is a man of principle. Nothing will make him forego his ways, unlike the sheeple.
>I could use this secure, private method to do something but instead will use this botnet which is just slightly more convenient.
Stallman's willpower is legendary.

You won't be able to find anyone in any discipline that's more dedicated and holds as strong as he does to a cause they believe in. Just try.

Strawman technically fits what the retard is doing, but I think something more specific is he's freaking out about someone who is something other than what he understands. It's hyper autism.

sure he did, fuck you

>He has strong, well thought out values
Ah yes, I forgot that beliving that pedophilia, incest, necrophilia, and prostitution should be legal is strong and well thought out.

Long live the fat foot eating man!

>he's obviously batshit
Uhhhh, no? He just stands behind his words and has the conviction to do so. He also isn't young and life without a smartphone isn't unimaginable for him.

Almost like a god

He never said any of that, gtfo.

>He has strong, well thought out values and is willing to be inconvenienced to further them
probably his only redeemable value, too bad that he's practically fighting against free software.
>His predictions come true
true, but that's not very difficult to predict.
>He fights for Freedom
have you read gplv3? If you have then you'd know that this isn't true.

holy kek! you just won the internet today dear sir...

Attached: 1507235758263.jpg (534x712, 52K)

>REDDIT, WE DID IT

Attached: 1538312105733.png (594x582, 41K)

Yes he did.

prove it

Attached: Richard_Stallman_by_Anders_Brenna_03.jpg (3504x2336, 1.81M)

RMS is an intellectual powerhouse with a sound system of ethics. Let's be clear: He believes not only in free (as in freedom) software but also in a free (as in freedom) society. Few people are willing to live and breathe the ethics they espouse. And when they unfailingly espouse just and pro-human ethics, we can only admire them. Finally, lets not forget--GNU's Not Unix!

Attached: img_1776.jpg (2048x1536, 950K)

How long until he gets metoo'd?

>zero argument
>let me just attack him directly
classic Jow Forums

>t. linus

... is that sek?

He's an old and fat hippy with some programming skills. He's Jow Forums personified, and Jow Forums worships nothing more than itself.

A lot of shitposting mostly.
A minority who genuinely believes in FSF zealotry.

>Why do you faggota keep calling him based. Hes an unironic lib

Attached: 1567232050512.png (231x218, 8K)

You're retarded, right?

>hurrr I don't like you insulting my idol so your rarted

What zealotry? He's not a pop star to have unironic fan clubs and such.

Who said I even believe in idols? You don't even know who you're talking to and there are 44 posters here. Any other moron can say "haha dumb hippie boomer lib". It's not hard. And it also doesn't mean anything on top of not being at all true. Should I respect you for saying dumb shit?

So he isn't old, fat, or a hippy? Thanks, you've completely changed my perspective of him.

Where has he stated this directly? And again, if he happens to fit some definite of a liberal - why the fuck would it matter when everything he did was to find for the people?

don't forget he's dedicated his entire career to the principle of not paying for shit.

Woooaaaooouuuwhhhhhhh, no one else can be old and fat, but if you are both old and fat you're a worthless person who shouldn't be taken seriously. Right? And yeah, everyone who has ever lived through the 60's was and is a hippie? Does that sound rational and logical to you? But again, look who I'm asking...

>don't forget he's dedicated his entire career to the principle of not paying for shit.
Hurr durr not paying for shit. It's not that black and white smoothbrain. Of course you don't actually care or want to learn anything about this, so linking anything is pointless.

OP wanted to know why Jow Forums worships him. I made the connection that he and most Jow Forums users are fat, privacy concerned neckbeards, and Jow Forums worships nothing more than itself. Not once did I state my opinion on RMS, you just inferred it because you're butthurt by facts that you don't like.

What facts? Stop pretending you can even begin to know what anyone who posts here looks like. It's not like this is Facebook and you can see photos, as well as opinions of various topics of a particular poster.
>Jow Forums is one person

>I-I'm not fat take that back
Post full body pic.

>pedophilia
Legal but mental illness, those suffering from attraction to children should seek psychological help, and actual child fuckers should be castrated.
>incest
If done by consenting adults, where is the issue?
>prostitution
If I wish to get paid having with people, why should I not be allowed to do so?
>necrophilia
If I wish to get paid having with people after I die, why should I not be allowed to do so?

Just a hint for you freetard, I'm opposed to the "Free software" cult because I'm a professional software developer. I'm paid to create and modify software. This fanaticism that software cannot be owned or profited from is preposterous. Moral opposition to intellectual property laws are a naive excuse to justify piracy that harm society.

>>incest
>If done by consenting adults, where is the issue?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4231599/

Attached: open_source.png (640x427, 72K)

This. Stallman is always right. Per's the true voice of computing, and I'd have sex with per if I could.

Attached: 1543392942280.png (736x543, 707K)

The disadvantages of "intellectual property" outweigh the advantages

Wrong.

Wrong? Do you think someone deserves to keep earning money from something you made, even decades after you've died?

Yes. Now stop posting, freetard.

cope, I'll just keep pirating your shit

>> Do you think someone deserves to keep earning money from something you made, even decades after you've died?

Obviously it depends on the circumstances. You don't deserve the rights to my intellectual property, but someone that paid me to make software for them should be allowed to profit off of it in accordance with whatever contract we enter into.

You throw that out there as if it was some known truth even though most people disagree with you.
gave you the most appropriate response.

>>cope, I'll just keep pirating your shit

>>Moral opposition to intellectual property laws are a naive excuse to justify piracy that harm society.

Attached: gotem.png (334x250, 90K)

And a hint to you: You cannot speak for software developers.
I'm one, too. I am against IP and pro free software. The people who pay me get the source and are free to do whatever they want with it. Doesn't mean I work for free.

thanks for my new wallpaper

yeah, I bet you've got tons of clients lining up to pay you to make free software that anyone can use. That's definitely a substantial segment of the market. I'm sure you didn't make that up.

Man, I really don't want to bother defending RMS on $CURRENT_YEAR Jow Forums, but it was funny how when Terry died there were a lot of peole in the sticky wanting to replace the image of RMS on the front page with his, but they all disappeared overnight. Those people, and OP are 100% raiders from discord or some shit.

Maybe you read my post again. Your reply doesn't match, implies something I did not pretend and misses my point.

Lmao I've been browsing Jow Forums for almost a year now and I have no idea who this fat neckbeard is.

Am I the only one?

Attached: poster,220x200,ffffff-pad,220x200,ffffff.jpg (220x200, 8K)

>letting yourself get controlled by retarded burger political memes
Suicide is your only option.

Because he has been fighting for a just cause for decades and gave you the possibility to use software which respects your freedom. He deserves the praise he gets.
The only people who shit on rms are contrarian faggots or FUDders.

Do you really not get it? I'm calling you a liar.

Very few firms are willing to pay someone to create software that anyone can use for free. The chances of you working anything close to full time creating "Free" software are practically none.

Frankly, I doubt you even work in IT. If you did you'd know from experience that getting MGMT to agree to the use of open source software can be tricky. Forget about paying someone to create a tool competitors can use for free.

kill yourself