Despite their overwhelming success...

>despite their overwhelming success, our tests show that they come up short in the area that counts above all else: They just don’t sound great.

airpoddlers BTFO

Attached: 1536244821317.png (740x977, 286K)

Most Apple users listen to mindless garbage designed to appeal to the unwashed masses of double digit IQ morons. Quality won't matter to them.

Everyone already knew this, airpod users just don't care about quality. That's kind of the point.

Instead of putting speakers in your ears and causing/worsening tinnitus, why don't they work on other ways to listen to music? All those ways you can hear by vibrating the bones in your head. I remember they used to make lollipops that played music when you clenched your teeth onto it and then there's that Metal Gear Solid shit

The quality isn’t terrible, but you can definitely get better quality. The appeal of AirPods is the convenience. I bought the second generation version and don’t regret it for one second.

What do you listen to user :3

>All those ways you can hear by vibrating the bones in your head.
This, why didn't applel go with that? Would be better in many ways.
>I remember they used to make lollipops that played music when you clenched your teeth onto it and then there's that Metal Gear Solid shit
That sounds cool, like something taken out of futurama.

Airpods sound fine.

>This, why didn't applel go with that?
Because applel only makes low grade chinktrash that they can markup as high as possible. Using high grade technology or components that would last more than one year is antithetical to their entire business model of scamming morons.

Not him but maybe you want to know what I listen too? :3
I only listen to the best Eurobeat.

>the area that counts above all else
Wearing comfort?

Only total brainlets would expect great sound from small earpods, the crucial bit is that it's good enough. Most people would be happy if they sounded like the wired EarPods and they do. Together with the much better from factor, relatively decent battery life and the easy pairing, they are by far the superior branded option for most. The only real issue is the lack of longevity for the price; but thankfully our Chink friends fixed that.

>Wearing comfort
If you talk about comfort, customs are the only choice. Perfect fit.
I don't know about any true wireless ones though.

>Most people would be happy if they sounded like the wired EarPods and they do. Together with the much better from factor, relatively decent battery life and the easy pairing, they are by far the superior branded option for most.
I'm I reading an infomercial? Just forgot the "But wait, there's more!"

Ariana Grande: Optimized For Airpods™

> Perfect fit.
Sounds like the AirPods. Then again, I found most earbuds fit perfectly into my ears, it's just a shame the format is dying outside of Apple and gas station-tier Sony's.

The last part should've been a give away. I like the technology, it's fucking amazing on so many levels, but I wouldn't buy the stuff for Apples price because it's disgusting to ask as much for stuff that's going to be thrown away in two years.

*tips*

dilate

I like airpods because I can still hear the ambient sound.

no u

So who's the clear winner?

Attached: 1552426892157.png (846x858, 161K)

Do the Galaxy Buds sound as good as the AKG headphones that came with my S9?

Trouble is its nearly impossible to make an earbud that sounds good because there's no seal and not enough space to put a driver that doesn't need a seal.

Well, yeah, it's a suboptimal form for best sound but given the popularity (fuckloads of people like and use the stuff from Apple) even if we consider that 50% of these do it for the brand, it seems like there is still a decent demand which almost no one else wants to address, which only boosts Apple ... which is just bizarre.

I don't get why some of the big names can't give the option for people who hate in-ears. I'd gladly give up some sound quality for something that doesn't feel horrible to wear. And it's not like it'd be a huge risks, small headphones are dirt cheap to make.

Some ppl don't like shoving butt plugs in their ears

Well... The sound is worse because ifaggots use 128kbs mp3 files, vs chad's flac on android

Anime OSTs.

Fags on NYC streets are almost always guaranteed to have these in their ears. There are almost more people with them than without them. The cult of Apple is real, usually coupled with whatever the Top 20 artist is in Apple Music because "me like appel"

thistbhfamalam

I can barely tell the difference in audio quality between my Sennheiser HD 4.50s and my AirPods.

>ifaggots use 128kbs mp3 files
Nobody uses mp3 files anymore gramps.

Airpords don't make you sweat so much in your earholes unlike iems.

>32kbs opus file
>BRUH MY iDILDO STREAMS MUSIC FASTER THAN LAGDROID

>people buying wireless audio products for the sound quality

Attached: 1555742228314.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

>expecting some "audiophile" website to know a thing about normal users

>has to lie to make their non-existent point
Why are children so stupid?

>consumer reports
>"audiophile" website

Attached: 1549971932901.jpg (300x340, 55K)

Shit, sounded very similar to another review I read. My bad.

Are you implying that ipoo has better codecs/container than DIY Loodroid?
>prove it shill

I'm saying that 256kbps AAC (Apple Music) sounds the same as 320kbps MP3, you fucking idiot.

>a company with almost unlimited budget who became popular partly thanks their audio with a dedicated chip doing a better job than some sweaty nerd trying to combine second rate shit
Yeah, would be truly a shock.

Android plays AAC files too.

You claimed Apple products used 128kbps mp3 files and then claimed the streaming service used 32kbps, I'm just calling you out for being dumb cunt not starting a comparison between Android and Apple. Most people cannot tell the difference between 256kbps AAC and FLAC with anything that costs south of $500.

>not making a comparison between FLAC and AAC
cope and dilate shill

Isn't there a million prize still going for the first autist to tell FLAC apart from 320kbs mp3? Go get your money, friend.

I actually only unironically listen to Eurobeat and I find it a bit troubling somehow y'all knew.

Attached: Screenshot_20190831-003235.png (1080x2246, 480K)

I also exclusively listen to FLAC and usually have the SD card loaded up with music to sort through. Yes, I can hear the difference between MP3 and FLAC, and it's especially prominent in bass response. In fact doing a CD rip with EAC and doing v0, v3 and FLAC on DT990s is what led me this.

Attached: Screenshot_20190831-003427.png (1080x2246, 228K)

ITT: newfags need to lurk /CSG/ moar

Bit late for that. Orange man murdered it.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1557927076773.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

Vibrating your bones is gonna result in even Whittier sound quality because now they can't control the resonance and coupling of such a huge variety of bone shape and sizes. The ear canal is quite even so you can tune your drivers for that (although I doubt they even give a fuck in the first place). Furthermore the reason why they sound like trash is due to 0 noise isolation. That's another reason why the bone rattling crap will never work -- it's just a novelty and will remain as such because instead of hearing music now you're also hearing the hundred normies sperging around you.

>implying sound quality is subjective
>what is compression?
>what is wavelength?
>what is bitrate?
There are actual tools to mesure and ensure sound quality; I thought we were on a board about technology.

Obviously you'd notice the higher bitrate with specific tools but why the fuck would you care about that when no ear can hear it? With the right tools you'll also see how the white on your screen is actually blue, big fucking deal.

>One platform allows you to ENSURE your desired sound quality
>One platform denies your desired quality because 'muh perception is subjective'
one of these tools are the headphones, the sound quality of the headphones is directly proportional to the maximum quality that the platform can provide. I don't even have to tell the brand.

>>implying sound quality is subjective
It is, at some point humans can not distinguish two different sounds.
That's why compression works and if done well is not noticable.

You realise the music app can play lossless audio, r-right? It'd just be utterly brainless to do it.

>one of these tools are the headphones
It wouldn't matter what sort of headphones or platform you used, the difference is not noticeable for human ears. The only excuse for normal users to even have lossless audio is preparing for the future of cyber implants.

buy a bunch of yincrow x6 slap a small wifi rec on it

bam
the best earphones ever

I care about isolation way more than audio quality.