Why is ram so autistic? Why does this shit cause so many issues for PCs? Even overclocking it is harder than other shit...

why is ram so autistic? Why does this shit cause so many issues for PCs? Even overclocking it is harder than other shit. I'm pretty sure I just soft bricked my PC by putting a stick of ram in it and taking it out. Fuck ram.

Attached: 1501228923362.jpg (571x618, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/gp/product/B07GVGGGC7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/ELPIDA-2RX8-PC3L-12800S-11-12-F3-APPLE-LENOVO/dp/B00MQ8237C
youtube.com/watch?v=jJGkMDYhJlk
reddit.com/r/buildapc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>t. ryzen user

I have an I5 2500K and an AS rock Z775 pro3 motherboard with an RX580. I can't get a signal to my TV now and when it was installed it was giving me a reboot loop. I've had this can't get a signal shit before but have no idea how to fix it, it just fixes itself and then works consistently after resetting the card and unplugging the HDMI cable hundreds of times.

>hot swapping RAM
What did you think would happen?

i don't even know what hotswapping is. I'm pretty sure my PC was off, although it might have been in sleep mode.

clear cmos and you'll be fine

Jesus OP, I'm not some static glove faggot but at least flip the switch on the PSU.
>I don't think it's coming back

Attached: concerned_cat.jpg (474x275, 20K)

this is why you buy ECC ram

Your ram is dead.
And likelly your slot is damaged.

I plugged in my graphics cards a bunch of times and got it to work, it said fixing (C) and now i'm in.

for the record I have a ASROCK Z77 pro3 motherboard, windows 10, an i5-2500k and an RX580. My old ram is two 4gb sticks ddr3 1333mhz, they are in slots 1 and 3.

I am trying to use this laptop to PC ram converter amazon.ca/gp/product/B07GVGGGC7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

to run this ram amazon.com/ELPIDA-2RX8-PC3L-12800S-11-12-F3-APPLE-LENOVO/dp/B00MQ8237C with it

I put it in slot 4 and nothing happened, if I put it in slot two I get a constant reboot loop, i'm honestly not sure if I have it in correctly though, it seems looser than my other ram sticks.

>use this laptop to PC ram converter
Don't.

i've been told it should work, the laptop ram is DDr3 1600mhz with same voltage I think.

this is de facto the best way to move data from one computer to another because hdd's are slow

make a simple program to load everything you want to move into ram, i recommend atleast 32gb.
once its loaded, remove all sticks and put them in the other computer
because no program on that computer is requesting these particular resources, they will be automatically dumped on the desktop

now it is absolutely important that you force in the sticks upside down in the other computer so that the resources fall out of them in the correct order

RAM is really picky when it comes to combining it with sticks that are not the exact same model. Dunno who told you it would be a good idea to try and use the laptop RAM with your current RAM, but that plan was pretty doomed from the start. If you want to know if the laptop to PC converter works you can try without your regular sticks though, if that interests you.

>why is ram so autistic
>bricked my PC
ram is fine. it is user error and you know it.

I didn't brick my PC and ram is profoundly autistic. You even have to put pairs in slots 1 and 3 instead of 1 and 2 because reasons.

That is a shady ass adapter. Go on eBay, you can probably find DDR3 on the cheap there. Like the other guy said, ram can be picky but as long as you have the pairs on the matching slots it should/might/probably won't work.
If that 580 has dual bios take a shot and see if there is an updated one you can flash. that's helped me before.

should I be putting it in slot 2 or 4?

>If that 580 has dual bios take a shot and see if there is an updated one you can flash. that's helped me before.
no idea what this means.

the PC ram is 1 8gb stick or 2 4gbs I think. Idk if that causes a compatibility issue.

it's three sticks of ddr3 ram, one at 1600mhz and two 4gb at 1333mhz. both voltage at 1.5 volts.

If I want to just check if the laptop ram works and remove the other two sticks what slot do i put it in? Do I need to change any settings?

Pull power cord, hold power button for 15 sec to drain the caps, plug it in and turn it on. Post results

u have to put a magnet on your hard disk drive so that the dedicated ram bus will defragment an allow the data to pass thru

tried it, both slots, just get a reboot loop.

removed both the old ram sticks, put the new laptop ram in the first slot by itself, no more reboot loop, but no HDMI signal. Hard to tell if it's the graphics card because when I put the old ram back it it got a signal the first time.

>ram is fine
not anymore

Attached: 1529670863855.png (128x128, 29K)

jokes on you because I harvested another one of my dead laptops for another 8gbs of ram.

this time it's an SK hynix 8gb 2Rx8 PC3L 12800s

do you niggers think it will work?

youtube.com/watch?v=jJGkMDYhJlk

pic related

Attached: laptop ram.jpg (4032x3024, 3.28M)

and my normal ram

Attached: ram silverline.jpg (4032x3024, 3.29M)

>no idea what this means
Leave.
reddit.com/r/buildapc
How did you find this place?

>How did you find this place?
I was convinced to start using it by gametrailers forums in 2008. Before then I thought the site was just /b/ and filled with cp.

lmao

is mushkin ram any good? i plan on upgrading my brothers rig to dual channel and was eyeing their ram because you can't get cl9 1600mhz ram for that price elsewhere.

I've had it since 2011 and have no issues, at the very least the build quality seems very good, mine are like steel rods.

ah, guess i'll bite the bullet.

>Well
>I
>have
>been
>trolled
wihbt OP, good game

Attached: 1556388101070.png (256x294, 172K)

You must be baiting