Did you surrender to it as well?

Did you surrender to it as well?

Attached: 768px-Visual_Studio_Code_1.35_icon.svg.png (768x768, 40K)

It is good

yeah i use it at work. i'll never use it on my own machine though. don't trust microsoft at all

it's open source though
you can review the code and compile it yourself

Used to, but I decided to go back to Atom, just works for me.

Nope. It is inferior to jet brains products for my workflow.

im not going to review electron, don't have the time or ability

Thank God intellij Rust exists

where are the vim/nano/emacs faggots?

Getting my work done instead of caring about botnet editor

you can use VSCodium which uses the open source binaries but removes all the ms telemetry crap

no `code` but to normal visual studio because some "thing" doesn't compile on gcc

I run neovim in vscode.

this is what happens when you replace (((((visionary))))) CEOs with Indian CEOs who actually know something about programming

i use sublime text

I cannot download that shit from github.

Nope. Still using emacs.

It looks nice though.

Attached: 12135455_1300x1733.jpg (1300x1733, 602K)

Nah. I refuse.

You can google product keys for the version you are downloading. Or just pirate it.

Attached: 25EEA33B-1D40-4EC6-83FD-25A2D21249E7.gif (498x266, 1M)

I literally went through the process of patching the executable using special hex values. It still would, after several days of being "cracked" suddenly when saving a file tell me it was an evaluation copy and that I had to register. I ain't putting up with that bullshit, I'll use something almost as good (in some ways better) that's free instead of fucking around with that shit.

Initially thought it was a meme but it was way better than expected thanks to IntelliSense.
Install VSCodium from flatpak

werks on my machine

Attached: FEFC9C45-F032-48F8-B10A-3ABCD3759F9B.jpg (788x656, 25K)

Tried, like that it's there, but actually I have no use for it.

Yep.

Very useful for a variety of languages.

>When the Microsoft pajeet is somehow the best pajeet

The timeline is corrupted. May Durga save our souls.

Attached: 1556143883665.jpg (720x720, 90K)

Ionide is trash dont use it. Visual studio just works.

yeah
honestly i'd rather use visual studio but it's too bloated for my needs and setting up a non microsoft c compiler is a pain, plus not as many comfy plugins and themes

how does microsoft do it?
how can they both make the best software and be almost universally hated for their botnet
bravo

no i'm a contrarian so I cannot use something that most people seem to like

Not entirely. I still use Netbeans as my main IDE, and Akelpad as my main text editor. Anything remaining goes into Code.

>electron
Dude, that's gay af.

It's actually GNU Emacs, and I'm right here.

Nay. Jetbrains' IDEs are so much better.

Stop living in the past

>text editor in a browser

Attached: 1533387818794.gif (413x243, 51K)

True, and I wouldn't even mind dropping some cash for a top tier IDE, but I refuse having to buy a different product for every damn language.

>user unironically believes anyone still cares about a basedjack image.

Attached: 1526434205207.jpg (1600x900, 1.29M)

muh boi

It's nagware just like winrar. Just click cancel when it says to register.

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 18K)

Yes, it literally just works. I still like to use vim for smaller projects, but I use it as what it is, a text editor. I gave up fiddling around for days with my vim config and plugins to get a half-broken alternative of a feature that just works out of the box in VS Code.

Buy a studen email on ebay, amezon and get all jetbrain IDEs for free.

learn to block access to the internet for the software that never should connect to it, nigger

i use vscodium, which is vscode but deblobed

Attached: goodidea.jpg (727x387, 62K)

Is visual studio 2019 good now? Or is still bloated/slow like everything post 2008?

this. I work faster with jet brains.

I would consider vim if they had synthwave84 theme

Proper software should, by design, never connect to the internet except when it has to, without external restrictions.
If you need to "block" it, it's shit software by definition.

I wanted something lite, I didn't want to download 100 GB of Visual Studio bloat. I didn't want 500 MB of Visual Studio Code bloat. So I got this 50 MB IDE that works just right for me.

Attached: sharpdevelop.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

I just use a text editor, I'm too low iq to use that thing

also consider linqpad on windows and roslynpad

Just write it yourself.

What do you mean by "surrender"? I like VS Code.

Attached: code.gif (88x31, 1K)

Pajeet hating aside, Satya Nadella was the best thing to happen to Microsoft.

I don't like VSCode but I've been a fan of VisualStudio for years.

Unironically he tripled the Microsoft stock from the declining old software company to new resurgent growth that surpassed every other company on the planet and matches Amazon as the world's most prestigious company.

It's comfy.

What the fuck are you talking about,
confidence in Microsoft is at an all-time low,
Office 365 is all thats keeping them a float in the enterprise world.

Yes, it's awesome

Currently using GNOME Builder for a change. Anyone else?

You're delusional. They got a trillion dollar stock that matches Amazon's stock. Their margin is ~65%, similar or higher than Apple's margin. 1/3 of their business is cloud service. Their yearly growth is ~20% or so, that's extremely high for the largest company in the world. Their revenue is the highest its ever been.

You're delusional if you think Microsoft is worst today than 5 years ago.

I mainly use VS2019, but i use VSCode as text editor for stuff that are not part of my VS project

You might want to actually look at how their stock has done in the last 5 years or even read any of their quarterly financial statements before you make such claims. That information is not hidden. Stop parroting things you read online and interact with a primary source for once.