Comptia+ Certifications

My university is making take these tests to be "certified" but are they a meme?

Are they worth it in the real world?

Attached: CompTIA-A-Certification-Exam.jpg (870x593, 29K)

tfw freshman and subnetting is making my brain hurt

Ive heard theyre a meme but whatever
Pretty sure something like the A+ is pointless for college grads

Theyre pointless. Cisco and Microsoft certs are 1000x more demonstrative of knowledge

If you’re going to have a computer science degree don’t bother. Most jobs around me want either a BA in CS or three of these certs.

Also curious. Currently a security guard but the jobs that the cert would open up for me initially would actually pay less than what I make now.

Are Microsoft/Cisco certs really that much better? Have been studying off and on for the a+ for about three months

You're not cut out for compsci.

Usually they want both. Although they'd prefer cisco or whatevre.

>t. never worked a day in industry
Comptia A+ is absolutely essential to get even the simplest tech job. I've denied front end devs with great projects because they didnt have any certs.

you arent cut out for reading

You majored in a meme degree CS and cant even into it kid. Shut the fuck up and go back to being a NEET cuck.

>entry level IT cert for a dev position
LMAO
theyre much better off somewhere else

not once did i mention cs
stop making things up schizo freak

> I've denied front end devs with great projects because they didnt have any certs.
"90% of developers at Google use your software (Homebrew), but you can't invert binary tree on the whiteboard so fuck off"

I have A+ and Network+.
They got me a decent job once where it was a requirement for being hired.
It wasn't even for something relating to computers but more like a common sense certification.
Thinking of getting CCNA as well.

Huh?

How? I need people to be well rounded if all you know is coding you're worthless to me. We have guys with certs doing front end working 70+ hours a week because they can also do other things. One of our devs also does IT help desk when we need him to.

>subnetting
Yeah you did so shut the fuck up and leave me alone. This thread was nice until the CS script kiddies like you came and ruined it. I haven't been able to get my anxiety medication refilled so just leave me the fuck alone, i dont fucking need you acting like a known it all douchebag.

you know what they say about assuming?
stop doubling down on your error retard

Show me where im wrong then you fucking punk

Attached: DMmZcSuXUAAG3sg.jpg (1024x1024, 111K)

I was molested as a child.

ITpro here - they're a meme even among techs & generally useless unless you get a retarded hiring manager who's impressed by the fancy letters after your name. Listen to Yes, because some companies will list those certs in the job requirements, and the dipshit recruiting agency they hired will just do keyword searches on resumes.

>ITpro here - they're a meme even among techs & generally useless
This is where I knew you weren't an ITpro. Shut the fuck up.

You go ahead & impress everyone else with your knowledge of Windows Vista minimum requirements & parallel ports then, you fuckin brainlet.

A+ is the IT equivalent of a GED.

Either cucktia shill or they dodged a bullet there.

Not OP but I'm about to take my a+ exam and I'm 28 without a degree in the US. Which cert should I go for after . is CCNA pointless these days?

Attached: 1565515992210.jpg (638x633, 32K)

Bump

CCNA is probably the lowest level cert worth a damn