Previous thread:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4 (embed)
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j (embed)
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt (embed)

Attached: 1537829004960.png (500x678, 215K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AGWA/git-crypt
benq.com/en/monitor/stylish/gl2460.html
amazon.de/BenQ-GL2460BH-Monitor-Sensor-Eye-Care/dp/B07GFXGTGM/ref=sr_1_4?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=3LUEA94CRHCBJ&keywords=1080p+monitor+75hz&qid=1567122650&s=gateway&sprefix=1080p+monitor+75,aps,162&sr=8-4&th=1
forums.tomshardware.com/threads/just-bought-a-benq-gl2460hm-and-overclocked-it-to-75hz-is-it-safe.2666540/
askubuntu.com/questions/802526/lossless-video-compression-codecs
trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/H.265
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm new at smartphone stuff. I have an android and internal storage is limited. I just wanted to try some games but most of them becomes huge after install, so I got and SD card and thought I could just transfer the apps to it. I managed to do it, but it only transfer the app, not the 'app data', and that is the huge part. Is it really like this or is there something I'm missing?

How do I set a different wallpaper rotation on each monitor?

Attached: a5b887d8084366a7507370f5e6ed1e71.jpg (374x347, 39K)

>out of complete laziness
actually the reason is that i have a tablet with a shitty driver that only lets you set the pen buttons to mouse clicks. i circumvent this on windows with an AHK script that sends a keypress when a certain mouse click is registered, and the Photoshop window is active. that way I can use the pen buttons for moving/rotating the canvas in photoshop and not compromise mouse behavior elsewhere.
i want to use my tablet in photoshop on a macbook and this is the only thing keeping me from having it set up the same way. so it's a workaround to the shortcoming of a badly designed driver.

hey guys, trying to watch a movie with some friends on discord but with Rabbit gone it's been tricky. I tried cytube + google drive like someone recommended here last time i asked and it has worked but lately my movies have not been finishing processing even after hours / days. plus add on everyone having to download a plugin, it's not ideal.

so tl;dr any way i can stream a movie from my HDD to some friends from discord?

>order iPad Pro
>while it's still on the way check whether you can change the resolution to something higher than the standard shit (wanted to run 1200p)
>find out there is an app but it needs a fucking jailbreak
There has to be something simpler, r-right?

wait, does the resolution not already match the screen's pixel density? why would you want it higher?

Nevermind I was going to post something but apparently it's a known issue with the pre-release build of Wangblows I'm running.

>fucking with the native resolution of the tablet
why.jpg?

are you trying to gimp your walled garden tablet by making the resolution shit to try and save battery life? Why would you want to go from 2,732 x 2,048 pixels to 1200p (almost twice as shitty)

If it's anything like the Mac, the effective resolution tends to be pretty low due the whole Retina meme which renders using 3x or 4x the pixels … but I'd prefer to have more space to display content. On Mac there is ResXtreme which lets you pick whatever, and guess I was a bit too naive expecting something similar available on iOS.

Because you don't actually get the space from the crazy resolution, say on a 12" Macbook with 1440p screen, you can pick between 1280x800 or 1440x900, which is fine ... but feels oversized, so I run it on 1200p and get much more space. It's especially noticeable when browsing and you have to scroll less.

What software is this, also can nigger be an adverb?

Attached: tacos software.jpg (899x779, 251K)

you'll want to look into the scaling settings, i'm sure they have a regular setting and a grandma setting for giant fonts and gui

your fault really for buying a locked down quasi-computer that lives in a walled garden, where you get to choose between the defaults and broken security (jailbreaking or installing a dodgy russian app store)

>i'm sure they have a regular setting and a grandma setting for giant fonts and gui
You're underestimating the garden yo. Though guess so did I, so the joke's on me.

Nigger can be anything. It's one of the most versatile words there is.

what does Jow Forums name there wifi?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (377x491, 37K)

Man, Burgers are sure better at names. My house is full of boring shit.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-08-31 at 06.42.14.png (267x309, 28K)

[Nickname]net

Have you tried yelling "penis!" ?

I really like gsm arena for getting into the nitty gritty of phone specs. Is there an equivalent for laptops?

I'm trying to listen to MP3 audiobooks on my phone on the way to work. What's a good Android app that can restart an MP3 wherever you stopped it every time you open the app?

gonemad

whats the best way to download a youtube vid at 1080p and audio? i can only find 720p ones and the 1080p ones are either dodgy downloads or behind a paywall

Is there a way to automatically name a bunch of files where I can get them to be named something like:
>John Johnson
>John Johnson2
>John Johnson3
and so on from there?

What's a free alternative to AWS KMS / master keys?
i.e. I want a trusted site that can handle my encryption keys and I and my team can use it to encrypt and decrypt data with RBAC

>gonemad
just download and old version of truecrypt

What OS are you working in? Sounds like something you could accomplish within a command line. With bash, you could use what's called brace expansion to create a bunch of files with serial naming like you're describing. Renaming files in this way (as opposed to creating them from scratch) is something I've never done so I don't know exactly how that would work.

youtube-dl

Windows 8.1. I'll check out what you mentioned, thanks.

Like everyone else, I'm moving into my college dorms, so what's a project I could conceivably work on without getting in the way of my studies? Or like a site with a list of various stuff to do.

When I backed up my computer and recovered my files I've had to reset permissions on them just to access them, I assume because it still thinks my old computer has access to them and not my new one.
How do I change the ownership of the entire computer to my new Win10 account? I know the trick to getting in through the advanced security settings to change ownership of a folder but when I try it with my entire C drive it keeps getting stuck on random little files and folders saying they're in use and can't be altered.
For reasons not worth getting into I need to back everything up again, but now that a bunch of folders and files have the wrong ownership my backup software won't cooperate and back the whole thing up.
What the fuck do I do?

I have an i5-7600k, should I upgrade to a ryzen 7 3700X? I max out my CPU on most games. I'm running with a 1080 ti.

I don't mind buying another motherboard because this motherboard's bios is really really shitty.

>use laptop to display on LCD TV via HDMI
>works for months
>one day stops displaying
>TV tells me no signal
>laptop tells me the TV is connected via display settings GUI and xrandr
>other devices display correctly using the same HDMI cable and TV input
>installed OS is KDE Neon but exact same symptoms in live KDE Neon and Manjaro Xfce
Thoughts? Bad video card maybe?

My 570 has 8gb listed while it's a 4gb version. I know a while ago AMD kinda artificially separated 8/4gb. Is this what I think it is i.e. can flash a custom bios for 8gb or is this something else? It can't be my integrated graphics memory because that's 2gb (i7-6700k)

Attached: gpu_settings.png (386x244, 8K)

maybe not your thing but i got into dj'ing (digitally)

Dedicated video memory = your card
Shared system memory = RAM

I installed spyware/malware onto my android phone, I removed the most recently added app titled "Settings", am I clean now? Or is it all just fucked?

Windows 10 pulled a "could not configure system components, to install windows, please restart" during a fucking update and now my PC won't post. I've tried removing all drives, all USB devices, rearranging RAM, and removing the video card to post from onboard video. Still no posting am I going to have to reinstall Windows entirely? Even if I do i'm just gonna try and use a different OS afterwards. Windows 10 sucks shit. I just want to know why this OS issue is bricking my PC. I've even tried booting into another hard drive altogether with another installation of Windows and it still won't even post. What do, Jow Forums?

is there are a way to have an online git repository encrypted WITH A PASSWORD? the point would be to store stuff in case my house burns down, or i find myself on another country without my laptop or similar. there's no point on encrypting it with a GPG key if i may not have the key when i need it. if i have to have storage with the key i could also have the data directly wherever i'm storing the key rather than online somewhere

i guess i could encrypt the data inside git directly and then just commit normally to a normal git repo. But then is there any way i can mount an encrypted file as a Linux directory that will just automatically refresh when the file is updated (git pull) and that the file is automatically updated when i update the directory?

Attached: gittttttttttttttt.png (225x225, 3K)

>Nokia 3310 3g
Bought this garbage for detox purposes.
How do i put WhatsApp on it, i need it for work. Do i have to install some Jow ForumsayOS on it first?

Attached: 3310blk_1024x1024.jpg (700x700, 48K)

i don't see any mention of a series 30+ version of whatsapp

I feel for the ruse too. It was a buggy piece of shit and the battery life wasn't significantly better than my current smartphone.

*fell

Attached: dinosaur, fuck, shock.png (181x172, 65K)

>that feel when rused

github.com/AGWA/git-crypt

>Note: git-crypt add-gpg-user will add and commit a GPG-encrypted key file in the .git-crypt directory of the root of your repository.
seems to be GPG based, I don't see any option for pure password encryption

For what purpose? Why not just require a login like probably all online git repos have?
If you self host one you can have it all encrypted as well.

prefer not to get my info leaked when some "github" massive hack or similar happens at some point.

not that i have anything that important, just being a bit autistic about it

Looks like MS Word (possibly Word Web App), with full markup enabled (Reviewing tab on the ribbon).

>old keyboard phone used to hold 30 days of battery
>after 6 years it's down to less than a week
>doh well time for new phone
>get new nokia 3310, promised long batter life
>starts to beg for recharge within a week
Goddamnit.

>How do i check TLS / SSL / Cipher is used on a Linux machine?
openssl but I don't remember the options off the top of my head and can't be bothered looking it up.
man openssl

Windows found a trojan from a bad download.
>file is deleted but still marked as present in folder
>only action is to dude just allow it lmao
What do?

Attached: welp.png (612x821, 35K)

Cute boy!

Asked in previous thread but helpful dog got shot by ATF or something.

I'm trying to use an ASUS included system in my router to have FTP access not only locally, but from dorms as well. What I plan to use is DDNS, however, the ASUS DDNS won't work because the router exists in a multiple NAT environment. However, when I set it up to No-ip, it doesn't bitch. The ftp is at the router level, and I'd love to use it to Port forward easier and such. Am I fucked and need to pay 02 for a public IP they only include with a static one? Or can I send enough emails at the cocksuckers to unfuck me?

If you're double NATed without access to ALL routers you can't set up anything in your network that is accessible outside.
Get a VPS and do your things there or pay for a business line with a public available IP.
Alternatively, just change ISP.

Shouldn't it be possible to power two systems with one UPS if their power draw is low?

the UPS doesn't care what you plugged in, so yes, you can plug multiple devices as long as you don't exceed its maximum watt rating.

Ahh, I figured it out, so this entire time I had the wrong power cable plugged into my UPS. I asked the question because my NAS system went down due to a short power cut

Attached: 1518220888591.png (897x681, 473K)

Tired of waiting.

Attached: 1563659891915.png (657x527, 44K)

pthread_create creates the thread and runs it.
pthread_join blocks until the thread is finished, since you should only do that when you need the threads result. And without the thread being finished, you can't continue, hence it's blocking.

Compare it to other languages async/await.

You do the following:
pthread_create(..)
...do other stuff in the meantime while it's running in the background...
pthread_join(...) to get the result of the thread.
... do something with the threads result.

what? you shouldn't have to "join" for the thread to run, if you run:

#include
#include
#include
#include

void *myThreadFun(void *vargp)
{
sleep(1);
printf("Printing some garbage from inside thread\n");
return NULL;
}

int main()
{
pthread_t thread_id;
printf("Before Thread\n");
pthread_create(&thread_id, NULL, myThreadFun, NULL);

printf("Waiting 10 seconds until thread finishes...\n");
sleep(10);
printf("Stopped waiting, going to join thread now\n");

pthread_join(thread_id, NULL);
printf("After Thread\n");
exit(0);
}

You should get something like this when executing:
Before Thread
Waiting 10 seconds until thread finishes...
Printing some garbage from inside thread
Stopped waiting, going to join thread now
After Thread

I just bought this BenQ monitor that supposedly goes up to 75hz, but Nvidia tells me that it only has 60hz?
Have i been bullshitted or can i fix this somehow?
Or is it impossible to get higher hz because my second monitor can't do more than 60?

Attached: huh.png (651x551, 40K)

>want to become a PC builder/service guy
>only got experience because I use PCs since 1995
>no formal/school qualifications
>not a lot of time or any money to spend on school

Any ideas how to get into PC service jobs or even better building rigs?

Attached: v125407865.jpg (4160x3120, 3.23M)

>Or is it impossible to get higher hz because my second monitor can't do more than 60?
kek, i wouldn't be surprised, displays are a meme in the current year

if you are decent it should be hard to get into the """industry""", as long as you don't mind earning shit for a while

>I just bought this BenQ monitor that supposedly goes up to 75hz
according to?

Attached: 2019-08-31-211436_755x626_scrot.png (755x626, 46K)

Bro what the fuck, did Amazon send me the wrong screen??
I swear to god the page said 75 hz, that was the whole reason i chose it. What the fuck.

Should I try franchise places like Best Buy or local smaller tech shops?
It might work because it's enjoyable for me to do and research parts.

what you gonna do about it boy?

Attached: amazon-ceo-jeff-bezos-now-buff-1500392161.jpg (480x305, 22K)

Here this is what i bought, i guess i was straight up ripped off huh.
I guess i'll cry and complain on the internet.

Attached: scam.png (1252x602, 369K)

>Should I try franchise places like Best Buy or local smaller tech shops?
i don't think it matters at this point, actual work experience will help you get hired later wherever you choose to head into

Thanks, but VPS wouldn't be ideal for my purposes, as I'd like to use it to access devices on my LAN too. And host a server for vydia from time to time. As the router is the only box in my house, is it possible to suck enough O2 dick to obtain a unfuck?

Wait hold up, you're looking at the 2450, i have the 2460.

amazon usually has decent return policies, if you complain to their customer service and still have the box you can probably return it. just send to the customer service that screenshot and some picture from the actual manual saying it only goes to 60hz, or from the Benq website if you can't find it in the physical manual

2460 shows 60Hz for me too, do you have the actual manual for the monitor?

>Items shipped from Amazon.com, including Amazon Warehouse, can be returned within 30 days of receipt of shipment in most cases.

if you saw the full sync range limits, like "50-76Hz" or something, you need to keep in mind this doesn't necessarily mean it can do that at native resolution
my monitor can do this;
vsync: 50-76Hz
hsync: 30-83kHz
pixclk: 175MHz
and it's a "60Hz monitor". it's EDID only provides 60Hz at full resolution, but i have a custom 72Hz mode set up on it

so it is

the way that's advertised suggests it should be a provided/default mode
but it also claims "1ms" on the picture, though the specs on the benq website says 2ms, so.. maybe they did send you the wrong one
there's no model number in your screenshot

Attached: 2019-08-31-212057_693x574_scrot.png (693x574, 44K)

benq.com/en/monitor/stylish/gl2460.html
60hz
can you post the actual amazon.de link? that screenshot doesn't specify the model.

anyway, either return it or try to overclock it to 75hz (google custom resolution)

Yeah i guess i'll return it..

It didn't come with one i think? It had instructions on how to set it up and safety information.

I guess i could see if it's overclockable.

amazon.de/BenQ-GL2460BH-Monitor-Sensor-Eye-Care/dp/B07GFXGTGM/ref=sr_1_4?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=3LUEA94CRHCBJ&keywords=1080p+monitor+75hz&qid=1567122650&s=gateway&sprefix=1080p+monitor+75,aps,162&sr=8-4&th=1

Here you go!

it's not 2460, it's GL2460BH, on the website it says:
>60Hz / 75Hz (HDMI)
so it should support 75Hz with HDMI? not sure if there's a trick though

how do i make windows 10 stop acting like a virus by opening literally every fucking plugin it has in taskmanager once every few hours when its on?

Attached: cel NAGERY GRR.gif (320x240, 1.77M)

also 1ms (GtG) on the official page, so it seems accurate

what's a plugin?

I do have it on HDMI right now, but maybe my HDMI cable is some old outdated one?
I have no idea when i bought it or where, so it could very well not be the newer standard.

i don't see 75hz mentioned anywhere on the amazon.de site, looks like it was a listing error and they already changed the description. i found the same error on another website. bad luck, but returning it shouldn't be an issue.
you have the gl2460bm, apparently the gl2460hm can be overclocked to 75hz. may be worth a try if you don't want to wait.
forums.tomshardware.com/threads/just-bought-a-benq-gl2460hm-and-overclocked-it-to-75hz-is-it-safe.2666540/

on the link it says GL2460BH (even on the URL) which fits the specs, unless he got sent the wrong model, on his screenshot the BH part is nowhere to be seen

a virus made by windows 10 to take 90% of your cpu.

It says 75 hz right on the main description of it on the amazon page tho? I literally just took the screenshot from here a few minutes ago.

I guess i do have the wrong model?
It doesn't say 'BH' anywhere, not in Nvidia either.
Unless those sub letters aren't always shown, i guess.

Attached: Unbenannt.png (566x582, 23K)

should have a sticker with info behind the monitor, near where you connect the HDMI thingy

Okay it is the BH afterall, i guess you guys were giving me a false alarm. lol
I guess i'm back to my original problem of having to figure out how to get the right hz amount then.

you may have to enable Freesync on monitor OSD, or something else, not sure though

How do I use ffmpeg to create a smallest possible video file while keeping the same quality from an original mp4?

Not possible, you'll always lose quality.
Your best option is to keep the original file.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (867x1024, 144K)

lossless video compression exists, no idea about the details though

I don't know anything about video but isn't there something like encoding using 10bit x265 that would lower file size? Is conversion possible?
Also what's the difference between x265 and H265?

It won't make his file smaller though.

askubuntu.com/questions/802526/lossless-video-compression-codecs

yes, but unless the video you have is already lossless, then making a lossless transcode of it will absolutely be bigger

yeah, probably not, unless it's using a ridiculous format to begin with

>Also what's the difference between x265 and H265?
x265 is an encoder, h264 is an algorithm to encode videos.

You can re-encode it to h264/HEVC, but you will ALWAYS lose quality when you reencode something. Unless you do it to a lossless format.
Check out trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/H.265 and look at constant rate factor (CRF) encoding.
If the file must be below a certain file size then set a fixed bitrate to keep it below that.

I just got new speakers for my pc, and they came with a subwoofer. Where am I supposed to put the sub? ive got it behind my screen on my desk right now