How does Jow Forums feel about eVTOL's/passenger drone "cars" which will become abundant within the next decade?

How does Jow Forums feel about eVTOL's/passenger drone "cars" which will become abundant within the next decade?

Attached: https _api.thedrive.com_wp-content_uploads_2018_08_ehang-bankruptcy-strategic-2019-hero-01.jpg quali (1440x810, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jm6a3QXG_qI
youtube.com/watch?v=w2itwFJCgFQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How does Jow Forums feel about eVTOL's/passenger drone "cars" which will become abundant within the next decade?
> abundant
> next decade
who are they going to be built by? the same intellectual retards that still haven't figured out how to automate driving cars without killing people, many fucking decades after the aero industry already worked that shit out? what could possibly go wrong here?

>those small engines
can you believe it?

>woman fliers, no survivors

helicopters are already a thing and have been a thing for decades. Zoomer scum (like yourself OP) only get excited by images like pic related because you grew up with drone toys and think that quadcopters are some how cutting edge never seen before tech.

The idea behind Ehang is that the passengers need no pilot or pilot license.

Whole 10min of battery power.
t. someone who lives near an airstrip where they test a prototype.

How noisy are they? I'm guessing they're loud AF

Not as bad as a full blown helicoper or the local tow-plane but the props are still noisy enough for the pilot to need ear protection.

>lets take helicopters and make them fucking terrible in every way imaginable.
HARD PASS

Attached: 1539719127982.jpg (584x575, 50K)

>flies into bird
>crashes with no survivors
>nothin personnel kid

>need no pilot or pilot license.
Gee, what could possibly go wrong?

You couldn't pay me to even stand next to it on the ground, let alone piss on it!!! Every whirling death trap I ever rode in had at the very least, the ability to auto-rotate before impacting the ground in a ball of flames!!! Lose an engine in that thing and it's game over! If it has a parachute system then at least you can die by electrocution or drowning.

flying deathboxes

Nice bait faggot, i was born in mid-1993

Also, conventional choppers are cost-intensive as fuck in every regard and also noisy. This smartphone-based drone tech is actually making "flying cars" viable

There are also jet-powered eVTOL prototypes being built who come much closer to the "flying car" meme archetype than the rotor-based ones

>the same intellectual retards that still haven't figured out how to automate driving cars without killing people

> the aero industry already worked that shit out

>fly 200 knots this way, turn 15 degrees, keep going straight
>in the air
>no traffic
>no obstacles
>literally nothing to run into for miles, you're in the air
>somehow the same as driving on a crowded highway

Ground transportation is a massive industry. If it's so easy, make some self driving cars and print a few billion dollars.

Woke

>which will become abundant within the next decade?
Flying cars are retarded, unless we have solved energy scarcity they are basically useless.

It's also such a retarded idea, there is a reason that pilot training is time intensive and complex.

>electric
>jet

Attached: 34745868567325.png (181x194, 6K)

CHINKS ALREADY CANT DRIVE ON THE ROADS IMAGINE SKY CHINKS

Helicopters lack proper stability control of a modern eVTOL cars which have automatic stability and self-driving modes.

i dont trust diversity hires and social coders flying me around in the air. i wouldnt get in one.

>which will become abundant within the next decade?
No they won't

Toilet paper can disable drones...

BIG IF TRUE

GNUpes status: confirmed true
youtube.com/watch?v=jm6a3QXG_qI

these things will likely be fully automated (so boring) and slow, you can build your own human-sized quadcopter for $10000, literally just 4 large motors, a frame, ESC and some kind of a controller and you're done

well it depends if its boeing i rather travel on a tesla

but considering that this is going to directly get a major cut of the airlines corporations in usa will probably kill it

I don't know why they would be. I don't know what the status on autonomous helicopters is, but I know a multirotor copter uses WAY WAY more power to fly. Extremely inefficient vehicles when it comes to power consumption.

The only advantage of a multirotor is that they're easy to build, have very few moving parts.

the thing is self-driving cars are already less accident prone than regular vehicles, but the concept of justice in human brains is so retarded that they need someone to blame whenever anything bad happens

>will become abundant within the next decade?
When they abolish the current laws of aerodynamics then they will become popular, no doubt!

Fucking this. It's not like the thing is super maneuverable.

A drop from 5 feet into the ground will give you more than just a broken spine dude.
There's no way that thing is safe to fly, drop down among people and see chunks of people blasting read a 100 feet outwards.

Attached: gore4.jpg (800x420, 330K)

THESE ARE TOTAL TOYS WITH LOLNORANGE

ITS JUST AN OVERGROWN QUAD EVERYONE KNOWS THEY HAVE NO FLY TIME

TESLA USES 3 TONS OF CELLPHONE BATTERIES TO GET SOMETHING APPROACHING RANGE OUT OF AN EV
BUT THE CARS ARE ABSURDLY PIGFAT, DOESNT WORK IN THE AIR

>5 feet

Attached: 1297695234221.jpg (480x360, 27K)

Yes, the concept of justice when someone's robot breaks your legs and you can't work is very important. Justice is certainly why people need someone to sue.

Mount a defense minigun.

Attached: tmp.png (853x480, 591K)

It's Chang.

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

>it becomes more popular to use flying vehicles after land based ones got taxes assigned to them
>grapple and other technology obviously flourished
>meanwhile large companies buy up zepplins to be dragged by train across the continent, filling up the 300-500 feet range with so much traffic it's hard to get above
>vagabonds and bandits have begun pilfering merchandise from these blimptrains by sneaking up from the train and dropping the loot off in parachutes before setting a slow timer and jumping themselves

SKY

PIRATES

ASSEMBLE

You can’t be so stupid. You think quad copters wouldn’t be noisy?

>a spool of fishing line

i dont see air travel like this ever working

For what reason can you not have automatic stability control and autopilot on a conventional helicopter?

I'm more worried about half the population of the entire world, not just the Chinese.

*FEMALE SKY CHINKS

Attached: 1567224440550.jpg (552x363, 36K)

DID I STUTTER... BITCH?!.

Attached: FakeAltruisticIsopod-size_restricted.gif (329x250, 1.5M)

>not burger optimized
that's a good thing.

>self-driving cars are already less accident prone than regular vehicles
Sure they are... on perfectly straight large American roads on which any tard can already drive perfectly if not drunk.
Meanwhile a Tesla car """AI""" crashes upon encountering a roundabout and the car goes straight forward

i think you vastly underestimate the complexity and engineering requirements of scaling a design up like that. a quadcopter drone is really only aerodynamically stable with sheer brute force and barely have enough stored energy to stay in the air for a few minutes

car drone tech is the right way to go but it should look like BTTF not like that dangerous death machine with open blades

>a quadcopter drone is really only aerodynamically stable with sheer brute force

computers are good at flying quadcopters because they have active thrust keeping them in the air. the quadcopter can control most of the forces acting on it. but they are extremely inefficient, even if computers are good at it. its why there are no passenger quadcopters, lol

fixed wing aircraft are way more efficient but you are kept in their air by the air around you, and rely on atmospheric conditions. there are far more factors at play in flight than in driving a car, and they are more abstract than the direct visual input that car autopilot relies on. unless they're using blimps, its a pipe dream

I can finally kill myself by ramming a mosque, based.

youtube.com/watch?v=w2itwFJCgFQ

Helis dont have the agility or the redundancies.

IF LOSS OF POWER HELICOPTERS CAN AUTOROTATE WITH THEIR GIANT MAIN ROTOR BLADES, LARGE SURFACE AIRFOIL

QUADS WITH NO POWER DROP LIKE A TON OF A BRICKS
OR BATTERIES, LIKE A TON OF BATTERIES

>PIGFAT EVSHITTERS
TESLA "SPORTSCARS" WEIGH LIKE AN SUV LMAO

While technically airplanes can fly themselves including take off and landing, they can only do so if the airport itself is equiped to communicate with the airplanes, so really they dont fly on their own.

So if you want the same thing for cars, you'd have to equip roads to do the same something id imagine would be impossably expensive and time consuming, maybe we'd have equiped major highways in rich countries but that would still be very expensive

t. aircraft engineer

hey user

how hard would it be to create a small hot air balloon to live in? assume I would only use it for trips down to the library and grocery store

and living in. Like indefinitely if I can. like living in your car except it's actually your balloon

Quads can still fly if they lose an engine, unlike a normal helicopter.

Probably use an airframe parachute system as an extra backup too

Attached: 1803f_hiw_16x9.jpg (1200x675, 67K)

BRING BACK AIRSHIPS

>giving random drunk drivers the chance to 9/11 into the side of a building
>ever
OP is a fag.

>HELICOPTERS CAN AUTOROTATE WITH THEIR GIANT MAIN ROTOR BLADES
Possible, though extremely difficult to achieve in practice. And you still have a decent chance of being killed in the crash.

This is the most retarded fucking thing I’ve read all day do you have any idea how costly helicopter maintenance is as opposed to 8 brushless motors you absolute cunt.

What is trim/force trim.

You shouldn't start a sentence with but.

The fire rises.