Simple query

I have $850. Should I buy a 1080ti or should I buy the meme card. I have a 970

Attached: 6291648_sd.jpg (1653x765, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-2070-super-rtx-2070-super-gaming-x-trio/p/N82E16814137439
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rx 5700xt

Don't get the meme card. Either the 1080ti or

These.

2070 super. Dont buy amd meme trash

970 is still good.

Don't listen to this fag. I bought one and holy fucking shit the fucking drivers were so bad. I've been suffering with this shit for a month. It either straight BSODs or starts artifacting as a fucking bitch. You can just to to the AMD forums and see for yourself how much threads there are about shitty drivers. They kinda fixed all the shit in the latest drivers (at least for me) (a fucking month has passed since I bought this shit) so I guess you can try it if you feel lucky.

>Shit on the card because muh drivers
>"They kinda fixed all the shit in the latest drivers"

Attached: fwoooosh.jpg (980x995, 123K)

>buying AMD GPUs
It's almost like you want to be a punk motherfucker who gets clowned.

While on the CPU side they're doing good, they still have nothing to compete against high end Nvidia cards.

Get an RTX Super if you want the latest stuff for futureproofing, or a 1080ti to get almost the same performance but on a much older card.

Attached: 6BA388BA-9903-43C0-B4F9-1C38C63CA9A4.jpg (500x445, 76K)

Only thing that bugs me about buying a 1080ti is that at this point its buying a card which isn't going to be supported much longer in the future, or that nvidia will purposely gimp it with driver updates
Never had an AMD card, not sure if I should run off the plantation, massa treat me nice
I'm starting to feel it this generation of games, first metro exodus even though that game sucked and now hitman 2 is killing me

>futureproofing
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah they fixed it after a month of constant BSODs and glitches. Sometimes I couldn't even watch fucking youtube because it would BSOD right away. And yeah, I have installed the latest drivers only yesterday so it hasn't even been a whole day so who fucking knows.

>Only thing that bugs me about buying a 1080ti is that at this point its buying a card which isn't going to be supported much longer in the future, or that nvidia will purposely gimp it with driver updates
Then what's the fucking point of this thread? Just ignore everyone and get the 2080 already.

newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-2070-super-rtx-2070-super-gaming-x-trio/p/N82E16814137439

Don't be a punk mf and buy 2070S

>Then what's the fucking point of this thread?
Because I want to invite speculation and debate over these two cards. Also so I can see what the consensus is so I can feel good by myself later

Steps for identifying anti-AMD shills:
1)crtl-f
2)input "clown motherfucker who gets punked"
3)don't search for arguments, because they never have any, just "buy intel because it's better" or "nvidia is better" just like the corporate bootlickers they are
4)call them out on their faggotry

>so I can feel good by myself later
So, is this the power of consumerism...

cope

Indeed, I forgot the "cope" reply with 0 arguments.

NVIDIA defense force out here spreading FUD as per usual

Scheduled AMD shills here to discredit honest advice like clockwork

Where are your benchmarks Jensen?

Honest advice would be "look for local pricing after reviewing benchmarks for games you intend to play, since it may be different depending on the supply chains". You bootlickers on the other hand just spew some marketing terms and "cope" after gargling some corporate cum.

Honestly don't understand how you can buy an Nvidia card. They hate freedom and their gpus don't work (esp with wayland) while AMD makes free software drivers that work perfectly. Unless you're a wingblows fag but then you shouldn't post on this board and go back to /v/

why the fuck would you buy a 4 year old graphics card for $800?

Even r/AMD is full of reports of BSODs, maybe you should go back there shill

Srs question - why do you nerds have a hardon for the 5700XT?

It's huge, doesn't have fan stop, and sucks power. Tryna be objective here, but I honestly don't get it.

Dude I literally futureproofed and I didn't even try. Games nowadays are pathetic my computer has not been tested in years. Just buy decent stuff once and boom you are futureproofed.

>It's huge, doesn't have fan stop, and sucks power
I'll give you that it's a big boy, but it's stupid quiet when tweaked and barely sucks more power than the competition. It's $100 less for 2070S performance, why would it not be recommended? I'd personally get the 5700 or a Vega 56 on sale, but OP wants to burn money it seems.

The meme card since 1080Ti will be gimped sooner.

buy silver and gold

OK, that's fair - I was originally comparing the 5700XT with the 2060S

Wait for RDNA2 or Nvidia 7nm. Current cards are shit, keep that 970 for another year.

Attached: ammd-rdna2-2020.jpg (1920x1080, 105K)