What's a good medium sized project in C++ to get one going?

What's a good medium sized project in C++ to get one going?

Attached: 5d2beb0cda7bda3487d37181fc497612_original.jpg (700x415, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/RayTracing/InOneWeekend
stackoverflow.com/questions/38029698/why-do-we-use-cpus-for-ray-tracing-instead-of-gpus
github.com/kethinov/no-cli-ads
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A dick sucking program

We have YourDad for that...

This is why I am less frequent on this board.

A tool that organizes CPUs and GPUs by price and benchmark scores, in addition to displaying price to performance ratio

Ew why would you use C++ for that?

If you did that in the workplace you'd be asked calmly but firmly to leave

God I hate women

Attached: 6bca8204cd58badb08f5809c3faf92e1_original.gif (680x383, 3.34M)

they're dancing to the danny brown i'm playing :)

>He doesn't have a dicksuckerdaddy

Attached: 1549879904258.jpg (2073x2764, 703K)

n y n y

MS paint clone

What are you gay?

Attached: 1520464931696.jpg (1024x768, 497K)

> medium sized
The Equinox Desktop Environment desperately needs updates and bug fixes.
Fltk is pretty clean C++.

Attached: 1520465829813.png (1024x768, 823K)

Someone should fix nheko. It is buggy and lacks important functionality. Sad because it's the least bloated client dependency-wise.

The usual first project is something visual.
My first project was an image processing application. Just a simple load a ppm image, apply a filter and write it to a file sort of thing.
Later that turned into mazes and more real problem solving things.

Obviously this could be done with opencv or some other image library and you can use encoded images instead of plaintext ones, but when you start out, you should start with learning the basics and implementing what you know is a good exercise.

>Why yes, I do enjoy programming in C++. How did you know?

>rm -rf /usr /lib/nvidia-current/xorg/xorg

Ray tracer github.com/RayTracing/InOneWeekend

did them ate one?

bigbig please go

kek u missed the pr pic

The standard library

This but use PBRT

Attached: bookcover.png (367x454, 235K)

Same question as OP but smaller and beginner friendly?

Attached: sample-86ae27f9933e490393d89348d15f6bc5.jpg (814x1000, 134K)

Make a program that parses math equations and evaluate them.
Bonus: add variables and reduce equations
Bonus: draw plots

make a qt Jow Forums browser for xplat phone posting

>If you did that in the workplace you'd be asked calmly but firmly to leave
That's right. Workplaces are Java-only.

Physics simulations are fun, especially if you interface with Matlab for visualization. For example, implement the Velocity-Verlet algorithm for physical dynamics, and create a simulation of the solar system that you can watch in Matlab.

>them 60 yr old tiddies
yep id hit it raw

A compiler

can you run this on a toaster? The ray tracer stuff works pretty well on a shitty laptop cpu without a external gpu.

How about OpenGL or Vulcan and pbr materials

Leetcode

A NES/GBA/PS1/whatever emulator
You don't need to finish everything (it can get pretty exaustive), but just booting some games is already a pretty fun project

Raytracing is pretty much never real time, so you can run it anywhere. It will just take more time.

Raytracing is not something you want to do on GPU. GPUs are not optimized for this kind of calculations, even if they provide tons of cores. Not sure about RTX though, but it might still be just an approximation, not an actual physically based rendering.

Isnt ray tracing something that is highly parallel because each ray can be calculated on its own core. If anything I would say that Raytracing via a GPU that might have thousands of cores is better than a CPU that might at the most have a dozen cores. Even if the CPU cores faster it just like a natural fit to put it on the GPU. All that aside Raytracing in OpenGL or Vulcan would be a terrible idea anyways as Ray tracing is the exact opposite of what they are designed to do.

WHO IS THIS OLD SLAG KIDDING

GET SOME YOUNG TITS FOR YOUR ADS

LMAO POST THAT BIG GUY FROM THE SHILLARY DEBATES

hot
post more

Attached: 1476139658864.jpg (680x461, 89K)

should i pirate Matlab? Can i replace Matlab with RStudio or Python pyplot?

how do i start with writing NES emulator? Do i need to know NES assembly language for that?

Define "medium".

Use Octave instead.
Yes, and much more about NES.

Listen OP, if you are just starting these projects may overwhelm you. And the are not really good for the "first" project, if you know what I mean. For the first project you want something that does not require you to know another language or an architecture you are not even developing on.
Here is what I suggest: build a command-line engineering calculator. As a bonus also add plotting functionality (using low level graphics library, such as Xlib). Make sure to support RNF, multiple bases and propositional logic.
That should take around 2k lines and at most two weeks to complete. Perfect for beginners. Good luck.

a space invaders/galaxia/missile command style game, or other old arcade-like game

Attached: 1D1H.gif (400x362, 363K)

bigger than small but smaller than big

LMAO ALL THOSE INACCURATE SHOTS AND LATE LEADING

IMAGINE SUCKING THIS BAD AT MISSILE COMMAND GITGUD SKRUB

A discrete element simulation of some cool shit, like make clouds or something by modeling the interactions of billions of individual molecules.

hhaha the woman on the left is of such a large stature that I'm concerned about the integrity of the chair she sits upon

Attached: 1565698646385.png (327x316, 211K)

NES emulator.

A little http server which serves static files
Bonus points if you make it serve files where content is user-specific.

eww too much corn syrup and wheat in those diets

My toaster has shiny metal sides, allowing it to achieve extremely realistic real-time raytraced reflections. It also does highly accurate thermodynamic simulations of bread slices.

Unironically this. Actually, fork gnu/paint or whatever the hell it's called. That's literally the one thing I miss from Windumbs.

Busy with the program, eh?

Because people are not behaving themselves like gentlemen? Good luck doing anything on the Internet. Personally, I think it makes things a lot more entertaining most of the time.

I am not good at math, what is list of operations such a engineeringcalculator should support?

Specific memory access patterns, integer algebra, logic and tons of branching is not what GPU are made of. Even if they have thousands of cores, they are not meant to do general computing. Sheer number won't really help you much. You need hardware acceleration for that, which is RTX I believe. But as I said, I'm sceptic to that too.

Also stackoverflow.com/questions/38029698/why-do-we-use-cpus-for-ray-tracing-instead-of-gpus

Can someone explain the C++ meme to me? Why is Jow Forums so obsessed with the language?

It's fast, reliable, versatile, and has withstood the test of time.

> C++ for webscraping
you must be retarded or a webdev.

uninstalling C++ and using a language that actually gets shit done.

Python programmers twiddle their thumbs waiting for execution to complete.
Rustaceans write fizzbuzz and then post about their genders and BTFOing cniles.
C++ programmers write code.

JS: npm install
Rust: cargo build
Python: pip install -r requirements.txt
C++: "Um John I misplaced a couple .dll files could you email them to me real quick? and which version of Boost are we on? I'm getting 300k lines of template failures when I try to build our code in Microsoft Visual Studio Pro MSCuck Paypig edition. I'll just add a few more macros so this works on the new patch Microsoft just pushed out for Windows 10!"

Python programmers get shit down before the C++ project is even configured, as long it's a small project.
But the project is big, the python programmer cracks up the C++ compiler, because he's also the C++ programmer.

Meanwhile the rust programmer is just dilating.

C++ is defining a Language not eco system under debian most lib can be install using apt-get

Yes yes, but even with this massive headstart, making shit on python is just faster.

It always makes me laugh that the fattest girl is using the smallest computer

TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable
and now you have to track down just how long that NoneType has been propagating since the actual error. C++ would have told you this at compile time, and pointed out the line where you forgot to return something.

If your program is big enough to this turn into a problem, you should had written it in C++.
Python is for shit like "i have this text file with those numbers i need in a binary".

Enjoy your CLI advertisements pajeet. Hope someone steps up to the plate and writes a CLI ad-blocker.

Whoever designed those green chairs deserves to win a civil engineering prize

github.com/kethinov/no-cli-ads

>C++: "Um John I misplaced a couple .dll files could you email them to me real quick? and which version of Boost are we on? I'm getting 300k lines of template failures when I try to build our code in Microsoft Visual Studio Pro MSCuck Paypig edition. I'll just add a few more macros so this works on the new patch Microsoft just pushed out for Windows 10!"

That's just boomers with any language.
I do C++ with CMake, git and package managers like any other developer. Except I have three-world class implementations to choose from (two of which are completely free), tons of libraries to do absolutely everything, the best static analyzers of any language, etc.