Why did Microsoft abandon the Common User Access principles?

Why did Microsoft abandon the Common User Access principles?

Attached: classic.png (896x768, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pW-SOdj4Kkk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pure form over function. They wanted to compete with OS X's candy theme.

Women and chads in suits got in charge of designing the UI. These people aren't advanced users but they are the same sheep that get amazed when an apple trinket does a thing, so they design stuff based on what would bring awe to themselves. That's also why every website has the same shit minimalistic UI and following faggotbars whilst bloated to high heavens with scripts.

Because muh flat minamalism

Jesus! What has the world become?

Ruled by the idea that there is a standard everyone should adhere to and a standard for what everyone should enjoy and deviating from that makes you the enemy? Jewish?

Actually I don't mind any shit they do if they gave me a choice.

Because UX focused design teams has concluded that their test groups respond better to [insert design trend] than the alternative.

After all feelings are more important than efficiency for buying customers.

The problem is that computers went mainstream after the 90's.

>OLD GOOD
>NEW BAD

Fuck off boomers

Microsoft started hiring browns and women because politics has been put ahead of quality in silicon Valley.

>minimalistic UI
Minimalistic my ass. It's bloated as fuck, but also somehow less functional.

i'm sad that I want to do real work then shitty front end stuff cause I think i'd be better at that

>learning dart for a job
>take it traditionally, write programs from scratch
>WHOOPS TURNS OUT HALF THE FUCKING CODE IS AUTOGENERATED

goddammit

I still don't understand why that menu was called start

In what way is the Windows 10 theming objectively "better"? They just barely introduced dark mode -- when fucking Windows 95 could do that.

Why is Jow Forums so full of brainlets who don’t realize that the “classic” look and feel they worship is also mostly flat and that flatness has nothing to do with low information density, hamburger menus, pointless animations and all of the other stupid shit we hate about modern design? Flatness in itself is industrial and machine-like, I welcome it after a brief stint in the skeuomorphic dark ages.

>Why is Jow Forums so full of brainlets
Stopped reading right there, as the rest is an object lesson in redundancy.

>Why is Jow Forums so full of brainlets who don’t realize that the “classic” look and feel they worship is also mostly flat and that flatness
flatness in inherently anti-intuitive
check pic related, it's harder to tell objects apart
>Flatness in itself is industrial and machine-like
incorrect. it's not meant to resemble function-over-form industrial design, but rather it's meant to look sleek like an apple product.

Attached: button.png (896x212, 8K)

Attached: 1552743485884.gif (350x409, 437K)

>flatness in inherently anti-intuitive
It really isn't, it's just not what you imprinted on as a kid and you associate it with unsavory things that don't actually have anything to do with it, so you reject it.
>check pic related, it's harder to tell objects apart
That's not a flat interface, that's a few boxes you drew in Paint.
>incorrect. it's not meant to resemble function-over-form industrial design, but rather it's meant to look sleek like an apple product.
No, that's a strawman you use to rationalize your close-mindedness, or skeuomorphism. Take your pick.

And if they hired a faggot like you they'd probably be worse off

>what you imprinted on as a kid
>flat ux is for kids
ok

What?

Because they don't work well on phones, and as you know, every Windows 10 device is a phone, whether it's a normal phone, a big folding phone with a keyboard, or a stationary desktop phone.

Is it possible to rice win10 to look like this?

Wasn't there a study that claimed more visual "clutter" (borders, drop shadows, gradients, etc) led to people taking longer to process a UI? I remember some poster linking it to me awhile back because he was arguing for material design

This is true since all their products phone home.

>OLD BAD
>NEW GOOD
zoom zoom

Because most of the competent developers retired from Microsoft in the 2000's.

Also see youtube.com/watch?v=pW-SOdj4Kkk

No. All of the themes that imitate it look off. And the real joy of that theme was that you can customize the color, font and size of everything.

My team works in tech training. We handle all the training materials and in person training. I can tell you, without any uncertainty, people are more lost and more prone to fuck up with flatshit. Both Windows applications and web sites. They stare at oceans of white, unsure where to click and what is interactive vs static. Give them the same menu in a Windows 7 environment and they immediately know what are and aren't buttons, what is part of the menu, etc. These are people that represent the majority of Windows / web users. You can't tell me that flat is anything other than a forced meme design philosophy that de-prioritizes functionality for most users.

I do this every fucking day with a cross section of normies and semi tech-literate people. All of us in the training dept loathe Windows 10 for this reason.

At least it has shadows

Unrelated, but that blue color is fucking great.

Attached: Untitled.png (2543x1321, 584K)