His GPU has a TDP higher than 40W

>His GPU has a TDP higher than 40W

What ever happened to low-power, high performance GPUs? Will we see a revival?

Attached: kek.jpg (800x681, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/gtx-1650/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Isn't the 1050Ti what you just described? A low-power, high-performance GPU

My 1070 is the same size as the left one but has a TDP of 125W. Running it at 40W would mean I literally loose half the performance.
It's a equation of efficiency, performance and power usage, you can change it up yourself. Your 250W GPU can run at 50W too if you desire.

>his GPU consumes less than 300w
>1050Ti is high performance

Attached: FUR_9755.jpg (1920x1026, 161K)

>A low-power, high-performance GPU
Low power, low-performance*

Shorty call 911, fya burnin' on the dance floor' whoooooaaaaaaa

>low-power, high performance
The issue is that it's always relative. If your goal is being playable, even an APU can do the job.
A low power card competes with the aforementioned onboard graphics, and also older cards on the used market. To make matters worse, profit margins are much lower on cheaper products.
Depending on your voltage-frequency relation that may or may not be true. It can also make sense to run a scaled down solution at a higher frequency for better efficiency. Hardware in spec for 300W will not run as well when limited to 75W as something designed to run off of PCIe power only.

No additional power is still a thing, but the performance is garbage.
I don't regret getting this as a backup solution. Its the same on the Nvidia side of the fence.

Attached: MSI_radeon_550.png (2244x960, 1.34M)

I'm using rx 460. Thought about using an rx 550 but it was somehow not available and the price difference wasn't that big. Afaik the only good 50w and below GPU is rx 550.

>Your 250W GPU can run at 50W too if you desire.
TDP isn't power usage, retard.

>TDP isn't power usage, retard.
That's obviously what OP means though. Since even a 1050 Ti with a beefier heatsink can run at 75W if configured to.

>Hardware in spec for 300W will not run as well when limited to 75W as something designed to run off of PCIe power only.
It will. It just won't be as efficient doing it. Though modern power delivery will even shut down rails when not in use.
A 2080 Ti can run faster than a 1050 Ti at the same power usage for example.

It has to be configured right though, otherwise yes, you can get stutters, etc if you just artificially limit power usage without configuring clocks and voltages.

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/gtx-1650/

Low power, high performance, faster than GTX 1050 Ti

>TDP isn't power usage, retard.
Did user claim otherwise?

No I didn't, but that's not even the point here, just ignore it.

>1050Ti
>high-performance GPU
HAHAHAHAHAHA

this, top kek

It's probably someone who bought one of those Omen or whatever 1050 Ti GPU laptops for 1500 burgers.

All we ever cared about was performance (muscle cars etc) it's only past few years we think we can make an impact on the planet by being green...

>being a nvidia fanboy

And still a slow piece of shit because low end is still low end

imagine buying amd for ``high performance''

I wonder how something like a 2080 Ti would perform at something like 100 watts compared to a card that runs 100 watts standard.

Better, since you have more cores/shaders/units, wider bus and faster memory anyways.

Yeah but how much better? I don't have great hardware to test that with.

end of dennard scaling

GG

1660ti is pretty powerful for the power it uses.

375W when I crank the power limit, sucka

Attached: sapphire-radeon-r9-290-vapor-x-oc-4gb[1].jpg (1920x1760, 548K)