Lost cost outsourcing

Outsourcing is killing the economies of the west by sending money overseas and propping up the third world by letting them catch up. That's why the president is telling tech companies to make things on American soil but they still won't stop outsourcing to China or Vietnam or India.
Will this ever be fixed? They make smartphones that are just as good in America if not better than those they make in Vietnam.

Attached: we don't need China says trump.jpg (483x634, 45K)

>outsourcing is killing the economies of the west
No, only the need for programming grunts.
Also, European countries outsource to Ukraine, not China or India.

Oh you were talking about manufacturing jobs... Those aren't profitable in the west at all, the west has moved to tertiary economies altogether.

trump is hoping USA will become the USSR where people had to buy complete garbage because soviet uber alles.

Ukraine has tons of Indians though.

I thought Trump was a republican. Anyway, why is the US so late with this? They cannot stop Chyna now.

>Eastern Europe
>full of asian immigrants
I can tell you've never been to Ukraine.

this is just meaningless posturing to appeal to the right leaning masses/racists. outsourcing is driven by corporate greed. if the president really wanted to encourage domestic manufacturing and job creation he would be PUNISHING corporations which outsource. but then if he did that the CEO's and corporate elite wouldn't be getting their hundred million dollar yearly bonuses

I've been to east Europe and I saw pakis and pajeets there. They were the only immigrants there. In low amounts but they were definitely there to stay. No Arabs and turks though.

>ukraine
>europe

Enjoy ur $5000 iphones.

Trump's tax cuts directly contributed to more outsourcing.

Ukraine is not european

EPIC!!!!

""""Comicgirls are technology""""
Nice post namefag

"""""pedo cartoons is a technology"""""
nice post, animetard

>are hereby ordered
What a clown, try to order my company, see what happens.

This. The only thing he's done is force companies to shift from China to india and other shitholes a little earlier than they would have anyway. All it's doing is slightly reducing China's threat level to American hegemony but it doesn't help the average american, just the State's political power

And what are you gonna do if he does pussy?

No one ever saw it happen yet, the closest we had was Teddy Roosevelt telling coal cucks to work out labor relations or force nationalization; guess what happened. Do you really think if it comes down to a leader of the US having to tell you to do something you'd have power to really stop it?

>the CEO's and corporate elite wouldn't be getting their hundred million dollar yearly bonuses
I wish more people would be like you, you're so honest about the fact that you have no idea how businesses work.

>Outsourcing is killing the economies of the west by sending money overseas and propping up the third world by letting them catch up.
No. We send money and get back products.

>Will this ever be fixed? They make smartphones that are just as good in America if not better than those they make in Vietnam.
[Citation needed]
I'd be nice if you could cite an example. BTW I can't wait for an idiot to say the Motorola phone, ignoring the fact that most of the electronics was preassembled in china.
The US would still need to buy caps/resistors/transistors / etc from china, as all of that isn't made in america. Unless you think tech companies should wait 2-3 years for Vishay and co to spin up their passive component manufacturing in the US.

Attached: 1389058469467.gif (400x209, 2.45M)

>Outsourcing is killing the economies of the west

Is there actually any reasonable proof of this? Numbers seem to suggest we're all quite productive and our values, in number senses, seem to only go up. The age of middle class manufacturing and factory monkeying is over. Even if the jobs come back, they'll suck as much as as they do in china. Maybe they'll have to actually respect worker safety and not destroy the environment, but those reasons are precisely why so many things are outsourced now. Out of sight and out of mind.

>No. We send money and get back products.
>US company sells products to Americans
>takes American money and invests it into expanding Chinese factories and hiring chinese workers
>lays off Americans
>gets more products from china
>US company sells products to Americans
>takes American money and invests it into expanding Chinese factories and hiring chinese workers
>lays off Americans

And that's a good thing. The only jobs being lost are those of people with economic value equivalent to the chinese replacing them.

>We send money and get back products.
Yes, that is indeed the issue.

>Numbers seem to suggest we're all quite productive and our values, in number senses, seem to only go up

Real wages have stagnated. That means the average earner's adjusted for average inflation has remained nearly the same for 5 decades despite productivity skyrocketing. And it's only flat because of commodities dropping in price while medical care, education, and rent outstripped average inflation

No, it's not a good thing. Because it turns out the chinese aren't any dumber than us given the right environment. In fact on average they're smarter than us, so we're just handing them all of the good fortune we've had in exchange for a quick buck. There will be no one left in a few decades, Americans as a whole will be lower value than Chinese if we let this continue. They've already almost completely replaced electrical engineering industries besides ones that require local workers (like power infrastructure) and now they're trying to replace computer engineering fields. RTG is almost entirely in Shanghai with a near all-Chinese design team. They're behind Nvidia (who has teams in CA) for now but once it tilts it'll become lopsided and Nvidia will start hiring in China too to stay competitive.

Ok so what's you're point? You aren't special just because you are branded an American. Either provide value or accept the inevitable. The world will either equalize or we'll go back to petty mechantilism bullshit of yesteryear.

This post explains why the unemployment rate is near/under 3%

>average american complains about $1000 phones
You:
>Build it in america!

Also, whether the factory is in china or america, they are fast tracking automation, so the 1000 jobs that go to china would come back to the U.S. as 50.

Attached: It's ok.gif (640x360, 260K)

>You aren't special just because you are branded an American
We were, but the State has facilitated the destruction of that American brand. The end result will be the entire thing falls apart because of some greedy old fogeys. A people that can't keep itself together will dissolve, especially with how different the cultures are. I wouldn't be surprised if the southerners started another war the moment the US becomes weak enough

Attached: 1523732252056.png (1971x1279, 147K)

>They've already almost completely replaced electrical engineering industries besides ones that require local workers (like power infrastructure) and now they're trying to replace computer engineering fields.
I don't think you know what electrical engineers do. The average man doesn't know enough to plan electrical infrastructure.

Attached: kumiko ohh.jpg (586x634, 64K)

Sure buddy. You're just a lucky monkey of the billions on this planet. You all have your hand out; you just have more to lose. Cope harder.

>so the 1000 jobs that go to china would come back to the U.S. as 50.
No, it comes as 50 + support for an economy to support it.

The moment factories come back to the US that's hundreds of transportation contracts; thousands of laborers producing materials, assembling housing and facilities, making food; tons of middle management. How old are you, have you ever worked a job? It takes 5 people just to hire a single software developer. Every job needs an ecosystem, even if it only exists for a few years, to support it. It's also why job hopping keeps economies moving.

>>average american complains about $1000 phones
>You:
>>Build it in america!
Yes?

>so the 1000 jobs that go to china would come back to the U.S. as 50.
That's the point, yes. Usually 50 really well paying jobs well fit into a an economy structured around the middle class.

>I wouldn't be surprised if the southerners started another war the moment the US becomes weak enough
Holy shit you're an idiot.

Can't wait till the texans take over and starting nuking the rest of the planet for being pinkos and commies

>or we'll go back to petty mechantilism bullshit of yesteryear.
Which would be better for Americans, which is why Americans are in favor of it.
Not hard to figure this one out, right...

>Outsourcing is killing the economies of the west
Are you volunteering to work for Bangladesh tier wages?

Separatism is still strong down there retard. Stop living in a bubble

Why is a swedish busdriver and a Bangladeshi busdriver not paid the same real wage?
Even if they do the same job?

Tejas is already calicucked and brown tard. There will be no revolution.

Strong? Sure. But the south is literally an economic cesspool just like it was pre civil war. Separation should be the right of them, but it would be no loss or even be a gain for them.

I live in the South and again, you're a fucking idiot. When CW2 breaks out the lines won't be geographically drawn anywhere near North vs. South. Even if they were, we see far more riots from places like California and Oregon from Antifa trying to start shit, not the South. You would know that if you took your own advice and stepped out of your bubble.

I live in the south too and every thing you say is garbage.

>Why is a swedish busdriver and a Bangladeshi busdriver not paid the same real wage?
Why would they?

>Why would they?
Because they do the same job, just at different places. Arguably the Bangladeshi has an even harder job.

Same goes for manufacturing.

Outsourcing is driving the world closer to equilibrium. That equillibrium drags down the living standards of those in the weat qnd uplifts those in poorer nations.

It's inevitable thanks to globalisation. population will boom in poor nations. Everyone will be equal and culturally diverse living in shanty towns, with somewhat clean water and somewhat clean skies. Everyone is driven towards the mean thanks to this equilibrium. When this happens you should remember that people demanded this equality.

>people on the internet actually think Antifa is an organization
Given the average IQ of anyone in the south you probably think the same amount of anonymous

>California and Oregon
>Implying Antifa won't just shit up their own cities because they know that if they step more than 10 miles out of town they'll be shot by reactionaries who have been waiting for this chance for 10 years

The west coast may be "blue" states, but the urban/rural divide is very strong here. None of this is anything to worry about if you're not near the I5 corridor.

Yeah. Who cares what the major metropolitan zones are doing? Who cares they're the hubs of economy, politics, fashion, entertainment, culture, etc. Who cares that people who grow up in this places have far more reach and influence over the nation than rural areas?

Build some more low income housing for blacks in those cities. It won't change anything. So what if London is minority white?

Who cares? Just stop thinking.

>X happening at Y location would cause Z there, implying W for everyone nearby. Thus a localized cause and effect relationship is established.
>BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ENTIRE HUMAN HISTORY OF URBANIZATION AND ONGOING GLOBALISM???

I spoke about the area that I know, for this situation. No need to make false generalities. Though I guess this is what I deserve for going a bit too far off topic in a thread like this, even if only to add some extra information.

the first generation 2013 moto X was built in america and it was hands down the highest quality piece of electronics i've ever owned, bar none. If they didn't get bought out and gutted by google immediately afterwards then they would probably still be making absolutely top tier phones

i used it for four (4) years straight before the memory died and it stopped booting, and i bought it secondhand. the back got scratched to shit but it was removable and you could get different colors for it. it was absolutely tiny and was engineered in a way to maximize the use of the interior volume of the phone, and also engineered to be rock fucking solid with the strongest screen assembly anyone has ever seen to this day

Attached: moto x1.jpg (1000x800, 168K)

is missouri the south? because even though we have loads and loads of pink haired retards here and three colleges in my city we really don't buy into the democratic party bullshit that is only designed with an ulterior motive behind it

you occasionally see people picketing in groups of like 3 or 4 and everyone passing them by thinks that they are complete morons. i saw a guy waving a 'NO MORE WARS FOR ISRAEL' flag around on the side of the street a couple months ago too

separatism is definitely a thing but the line that is being drawn right now is not "north vs south", it is "domestic communism vs america", because the only people that seem to be having a problem with our system of government are the people who are literally operating on marxist social theory and not even well thought out marxist social theory at that

>When this happens you should remember that people demanded this equality.
no they didn't. the people demand the carrot on a stick that the ruling class puts in front of them

people literally argue in favor of things that go against their best interest simply because they watched a television show that paints a fantastical scenario where the very obvious negative consequences don't happen. people will literally say 'free speech only applies to the government' on the subject of their own censorship

You probably saw gypsies.

All the presidents before Trump were globalist traitors.

That's what being American means

You guys are playing the short game. Sure, we send money and we get products. Where does that money come from? It's fiat money, literally generated from nothing. Watch any documentary you like on the Federal Reserve.

So we trade these slips of paper so that China manufactures our shit for us. What happens when you manufacture? Your rivers start on fire. Massive pollution. China is taking it up the ass for American money in this regard.

Meanwhile, US debt is skyrocketing. We can't borrow enough money to funnel to China for cheap goods. But no worries, this money has no inherent value, we could print out ten trillion tomorrow and give it to China for goods, by the time the dominoes fall we have all the cards, China is left with worthless slips of paper.

After the reset, things will be different. We'll probably have a new currency. China might then slowly recover their environment. Then we can redo the game with Africa or something.

Except the person with the end product doesn't win, it's the person that has the means of production. If the ponzi scheme collapses eventually, China will still have a way to produce cheap phones for the world in change for anything the world has to offer like food, it'll always be able to produce those phones, America will lose its ability to request them.
I really doubt much will change if the dollar collapses.