What are the benefits over chrome ?

What are the benefits over chrome ?

Attached: 1200px-Firefox_Logo,_2017.svg.png (1200x1200, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1411795
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/facebook-container/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-style-tab/
github.com/pyllyukko/user.js/#what-does-it-do
github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/blob/master/user.js
stackoverflow.com/questions/47317983/how-to-transfer-all-greasemonkey-userscripts-to-tampermonkey-on-firefox-57
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

More autism, even more inclusion. You get to support a browser founded by Soros and developed by tranners and furries.

Attached: 1567251307171.webm (480x480, 398K)

Is this a girl (male)?

It’s Kiernan Shipka.

Phoning home can be disabled

You are degenerate (imbecile)
Lie

None whatsoever

Attached: 20190517_224751.png (1440x2475, 359K)

She's a tranny, isn't she?

prevents a Google takeover of all web standards

uses less RAM with high numbers of tabs

>she

That might be a driver issue, linux sucks with new hardware.

It’s already late for that.

More customization with the same speed. And chrome will soon kill adblockers for non-enterprise users or gimp it even more.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (3840x2100, 2.87M)

less google internet domination

>What are the benefits over chrome ?
A better bookmarking system with tags, for one.

Is she eating things from her foot?

from her feminine penis

Since the Quantum update its just better

>same speed
Haha, no.
>customization
Two years since someone opened a bug about global hotkeys support and the guy is even willing to pay for the fix, but Cuckfox don't give a shit.
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1411795

>Haha, no.
Haha, yes. I whitelist js and only noop what I need. There is no noticeable difference.
>Two years since someone opened a bug about global hotkeys support and the guy is even willing to pay for the fix, but Cuckfox don't give a shit.
I can cherry pick things chrome lacks too. I think chromes content blocking is a more serious issue.

>What are the benefits over chrome ?
UI Customization, You can tone down the telemetry and botnet or plain disable it and it performs better than Chrome, specially with a good user.js file.

>Haha, no.
Haha, yes. Not the guy you answered too, but when it comes to video playing, it's actually faster than Chrome.
On my cheap ass laptop, I can watch 720p60 Youtube videos on Firefox with h264ify. Chrome with h264ify doesn't give me the same result, however. It lags and I can notice it.

>Two years since someone opened a bug about global hotkeys support
Who cares about your meme feature that less than 0.1% of the people would ever use?

Personal opinion aside, your cherrypicking doesn't change the fact that Firefox allows the user to customize its looks and behavior far more than Chrome.

I don't even allow all js needed to play videos in the browser. I stream with mpv and use all of it's features.

Attached: 1562368224973.png (601x851, 92K)

The RAM usage argument is retarded. But Firefox can use less if you want it to. And you can flush the cache if you wanted to in about:memory.
I get the feeling you are just trolling though.

Attached: fx.png (1877x906, 104K)

Literally none. Firefox is the shittiest browser I’ve used.
>It uses less RAM
Nope, been the opposite for me actually.
>It doesn’t sell your data
Ok, and how does that affect me in any way?
Please don’t buy into the Firefox circlejerk, just use Chrome. Even Microsoft is using chromium, they don’t even want to touch Firefox.

Name me ONE and I mean exactly ONE reason why I should switch from Firefox to Chrome.

Less gay than Chrome.

Yes

Attached: 45918304_2184692941790437_6557936481376141312_n.jpg (1080x1080, 105K)

>f-firefox uses less ram!!
Even if this is true, it's only because it doesn't have proper site isolation like Chrome does. Part of the reason Firefox doesn't have it yet is because Mozilla can't make work without massively impacting RAM usage.

Look what site isolation is: addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/facebook-container/

Maybe you should, because you clearly are clueless.

yes he is

Cool. I rather just watch the video on the browser because I'm too lazy to download MPV or make Firefox open the video on MPC (if that's even possible, again, I never tried.), close the tab and move on.

>>It uses less RAM
>Nope, been the opposite for me actually.
Shit PC.

>Please don’t buy into the Firefox circlejerk, just use Chrome.
>Even Botnet 1 is using Botnet 2, they don't even want to look at the better and pro-user option.
$0.01 have been deposited into your bank account!

>Better
Care to explain why?

/thread

You can mitigate and unfuck Firefox. With Chrome you've got no other choice but to get degoogled chromium up and running. I'd rather deal with the profile fuckery of Firefox than spending a bunch of time trying to compile a special build of chromium. Firefox has some problems objectively but it's worked well enough for me that I don't worry about trying to replace it. The extension support was gimped after the death of XUL but even so I have the ability to use ublock well into the future and that's all I really care about so it has me covered on that basis.

I prefer Firefox for memory and privacy, my two biggest problems with it (vs Chrome) are:

1. If I open twenty tabs, they get small to a point, but I need to literally scroll left/right to see them all, and I have to right click to close them. When I have the same # of tabs in chrome I can left click an X button still. Also, unless I have like a hundred tabs open, they're all still visible

2. Jow Forums X loads faster and more reliably on chrome. Firefox it always takes 2 seconds to refresh and load and even then some features don't work properly.

See: , and .

>the death of XUL
Thanks to these folks, XUL is, and will always be, alive.

Attached: PM.jpg (582x1520, 109K)

>#1
bruh, press the mouse wheel

>laptop
thanks though

>1.
go to about:config

search for 'browser.tabs.tabClipWidth'

'modify'

alter value to 0

restart firefox

bruh press ctrl+w

I want to close tabs I'm not currently in. i don't want to have to navigate to a tab just to close it

this worked, thanks

>(Forcibly) Update to 1903
>4chanx quote preview hover lags in big threads on Chrome now
Does this happen in Firefox? Or any ideas why this happens now?

works for me on FF. I always had that problem in any Blink browser. Always starts to lag like a motherfucker in big threads

Nothing

The principal importance of firefox is political. Without the existence of firefox, google chrome would not support ad blockers. Plain and simple.

this

Just tap with 3 fingers.

lel
inb5 someone willingly buys a laptop without mouse3

Good font rendering.

>somewhat more customization options for the UI
>...that's it!

Attached: 1392104625662.jpg (609x960, 79K)

>that's it
No, there are more reasons.

Attached: Screenshot_20190831-194839_Firefox.jpg (1080x280, 41K)

>1.
consider using addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-style-tab/
also, you can close tabs with a middle click in both firefox and chrome, no need to use the 'x' or the rightclick context menu.

>2.
assuming you're using greasemonkey on firefox quantum (ff v57+), just switch to violentmonkey. greasemonkey went to shit with the release of quantum.
i'm not seeing any significant performance or usability issues when comparing Jow Forums x+oneechan on firefox/violentmonkey compared to Jow Forums x+oneechan on chromium based browsers/violentmonkey

tree style tabs or similar vertical tab addons and about:config/user.js alone are more than enough reasons to use firefox or a fork.
refer to
github.com/pyllyukko/user.js/#what-does-it-do
github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/blob/master/user.js
now imagine you would not be able to see the stuff your average modern browser does in the background, let alone turn it off and you got chrome.

It's not a botnet unlike chrome

You can set it to never remember history.

hey, good call on switching to violent monkey. thanks i appreciate it

>not using sanitized firefox forks like icecat
Enjoy your mini-botnet, not as bad as Chrome/Chromium, but still botnet.

Man, i miss the OneLiner addon, did you get it work or you made some custom shit? Does the adress bar shrinks when not focused on? (that looks like too much wasted space) Does the adress bar expand when you focus on it?

> Botnet advertising browser that tracks you by a unique ID and literally requires a recompile from modified source to stop phoning home to Google. Good performance though I guess.
> Comparable performing browser where phoning home can be COMPLETELY halted with a few changes to a config file, no recompile. Also, 5 years from now it will still allow adblockers

Hmm, wonder why

Shit, meant to type "wonder what"

>switch to violentmonkey. greasemonkey went to shit with the release of quantum.
Oh is this legitimate advice? I've noticed the same thing with 4chanX.
Does violentmonkey take greasemonkey backups for easy switching?

Firefox remembers links to websites you visit, also when looking up word itll search the header and the url.. Chrome is completely garbage at this, probably so you can google stuff and click on ads..

Firefox is SECURE when using a VPN and doesn't have WebRTC exploits like Chrome which leak your IP when using a VPN.

Adblockers work much better on Firefox.

Fuck Chrome and all Chrome forks desu senpai.

Why does Chrome have a unique installer with a unique hash for every user? There's literally no offline installer.

>Firefox remembers links to websites you visit, also when looking up word itll search the header and the url.. Chrome is completely garbage at this, probably so you can google stuff and click on ads..
The way I have firefox set up, it doesn't remember anything out of session.
I logged into gmail once on my desktop and chrome still has it saved despite clearing cache/cookies/registry.
I should delete chrome, but by now is too late.

>Does violentmonkey take greasemonkey backups
i don't think so, but for Jow Forums x and oneechan/stylechan you can use the export/import settings options built into the userscripts.
you can try the following to transfer the scripts themselves (should work similarly in violentmonkey), but i never looked into where userscript settings are stored, i don't use that many
stackoverflow.com/questions/47317983/how-to-transfer-all-greasemonkey-userscripts-to-tampermonkey-on-firefox-57