Just buy it

just buy it

Attached: mpv-shot0041.jpg (1920x1080, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Lks6E81EWE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>video gaymes

Grow up.

Kek, sorry you can't afford nice things.

I spend my money on aged booze, quality food (mostly lamb, shark, and tuna), and traveling. Sorry your idea of a nice thing is sitting at home your undos eating pop tarts while shoving your fat mongo hands into a greasy keyboard.

Show us your fedora collection

Why do the textures look PS2 tier though?
In both shots

lmao of course the graphics without RT are gimped so jewgreedia's proprietary garbage looks like it's actually worth the price increase.

Attached: 471.jpg (500x394, 29K)

I'm sorry you need to get drunk to enjoy yourself. Your life must suck.

Video gaymes are not nice.

samefag

right looks better but 1000 dollars more better.

They're deliberately not using reflection probes, screen-space reflections, transparency, and screen-space ambient occlusion, just to make the normal one look bad, lmao.

>overpriced hooch
>rotten fish

Wowo youre foVo

>jewgreedia's proprietary garbage

It's DX12s DXR you fucking retard. Intel and Amd can use the same extension if they want.

LMAO imagine lying on the internet

I'd genuinely be fine with falling for the meme if AMD supported it and produced a card on part with the 2080ti power wise. Fuck Nvidia though.

>want to see the complete pen shadow?
>heh that will be $1200 kiddo

Attached: file.png (1208x677, 1004K)

>quality food (mostly lamb, shark, and tuna)
>shark
dumb larper

>50 fps max at 1080 with a 2080 ti

Jesus Christ user, I was just shitposting.

I like how it's artificially gimped on the non-RTX version. We had better graphics and shadows without RTX a decade ago.

Pretty sure the game literally has settings for SSAO and screen-space reflections, so you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

They'll support it at some point. This is just DXR I think so once AMD catches up with the hardware it should in theory work on AMD cards too.

>I spend my money drinking and stuffing my face
You're trolling, right? Nobody who actually has money "spends money" on food. Mostly everyone with an even remotely decent job can afford good food. It's really not something to feel superior about, it's like feeling smug about graduating high school and making it a point to "brag" about your high school diploma.

These comparisons are such utter bullshit. Everything shown in the ray traced scene could be achieved with some ambient occlusion and standard reflections, yet they choose to omit them entirely in an attempt to make ray tracing look essential. And it's because you'd barely be able to tell the fucking difference if they didn't.

>it just buys it

Attached: 1566863159062.jpg (256x256, 16K)

>Pretty sure the game literally has settings for SSAO and screen-space reflections, so you don't seem to know what you're talking about.
There are literally no reflections in the non-ray traced version. It doesn't matter whether the game has a setting for them or not if the developers didn't bother to implement them. Or are you literally trying to claim that reflections in a glass window aren't possible with ray tracing, and it HAS to be completely matte as shown there? If so, you need to fuck off back to /v/ immediately.

>quality food
>lamb, tuna
This whole thing reads how a highschooler would expect "le classy gentlesir" to live.

Spotted the woman or literal numale faggot. Neck yourself.

>Nobody who actually has money "spends money" on food.
Can confirm.
I am pretty well off and i dont eat anything

Once you get rich enough you can just feed off the despair of poor people.

lmfao

The one on the left has literally all of those things turned on. If you actually watched the video you would know that. You wouldn't even have the shadows or metallic refractions if SSAO and reflections were turned off. Fucking dipshit.

Control without RTX has cone traced signed distance field specular reflections and extremely high quality SSR. It's one of the most advanced methods of specular reflection ever in a video game but it's still not as good as ray tracing.

Meanwhile 5lb of tilapia 3lb of broccoli and 1lb of macademia nuts costs around $20 and gives you dinner for a week.

There is no practical method for accurate full scene reflections without ray tracing.

eating 5lb of tilapia over the course of a week sounds unpleasant.
I'd rather have 2 salmon meals, 2 chicken, 2 beef.

Its pretty high quality tilapia, reddish tint and about an inch thick in the center.

I cover it with onions sauce and pepper and use salt & pepper broccoli as a pallet cleanser. Its pretty satisfying.

>onions sauce
s oysauce
always forget about that filter

Nice fantasy you've got there, user.

This thread needs a smudge stick.

have you ever tried it? try it for real
like, just eat fish only
your mind will open up, everything will become crystal clear
you will unlock secrets

Why do those fucks have to take all the reflections away? Its not exclusive to RTX.

I mean, even if they didn't gimp it, memetxtards would still praise it. They probably don't want to risk luddites gaining awareness.

Fish is gross

Control is in no way gimped. Even without RTX it has one of the most impressive renderers in any video game.

I thought eating fish more than once or twice a week put you at risk for mercury poisoning?
I'll try a whole week of fish... not like I have much brain capacity to lose.

Mercury doesn't make you dumb it attunes you to the underlying schizophrenic structure of the universe. It's a classic alchemical substance.

Its farm raised.

The only drawback of eating only fish is that you have to supplement with a high fat nut or cheese to get your calories.

I can't believe you fags get so worked up over this. NVidia's marketing department did a really good job this time. Its just some hardware implementation of some raytracing functions to make raytracing more viable, which is indeed a not insignificant step in computer graphics, but its not as revolutionary as NVidia has been making it out to be. They either just want people to switch from AMD right now or they want people to upgrade their nvidia cards right now, or both. Anyone who doesn't see this is a retard. Look at that picture. Thats what raytracing gets you. Not much. Just some reflections that humans don't even notice 99% of the time.

>barely any difference
>requires a $1300 video card and tanks fps

Why does the game look like ass? I ran it on max minus rtx and it looks blurry and smudged up, disgusting graphics.

tilapia doesn't come from the sea, it's farmed in giant ponds filled with chinese sewage water

If you don't care about the poor quality of standard environment mapping you're just not very interested in good graphics. There's nothing wrong with that obviously but it does mean you're not the target audience for these graphics cards. I like good graphics so when I see a hardware feature that enables an improvement I'm interested.

>I thought eating fish more than once or twice a week put you at risk for mercury poisoning?

Only big fish like tuna(blue tuna half weight as a cattle)

>alcoholic
>telling anyone to grow up

Are you the type of person who always disables motion blur and TAA? The game doesn't have toggles for either of those which I agree is a mistake. Most graphics people these days prefer smooth antialiasing and freeing up resources for advanced effects instead of pumping resolution. This game is an extreme case of that. It relies a lot on temporal reconstruction for undersampled effects.

Except it isn't. Shadow shading routinely breaks on geometry small enough because it's a shitty approximation that basically does an extremely coarse raytrace to sample the geometry (which is why small geometry gets lost) and then just fill the color some value darker rather than calculate the value from light bounces. That's also why shadow shading run so shitty on GPUs, it's still compute intensive.

Attached: 1424970558880.jpg (340x399, 27K)

>>fedora guy hit the goodwill i see

Is that even from a game?
based

good thing nvidia supports freesync now so 50 fps is fine

what does tilapia have to do with RTX?

>i'm an alcohol addict that eats dead animals

you're right and you can tell by all the whiny gamers replying

>shark and tuna
Enjoy your mercury poisoning

Why bother making backup graphics looking good when we can raytrace lighting and make it look better?

Onion sauce is pretty good tho

This. I've worked on games with better engines than that.

thanks for the laugh user

Attached: D9471863-AD12-4A8C-ACC7-3E1119BFDAFD.jpg (491x414, 19K)

>LOOK, WE CAN DO RAY-TRACING
>lamp stand is still jagged to hell

>i spend my money drinking and stuffing my face while you spend yours stuffing your face

What if they sold a separate RTX card that goes into a PCIe slot like a GPU but it uses the entire die area for RTX cores and is entirely optional

Imagine buying any sort of expensive booze. Alcohol all tasts fucking awful, no exceptions. Its only purpose is to get drunk, which vodka is more than sufficient for. If you get to the point where you unironically enjoy the taste of booze, you're an alcoholic

name one

I drink lots of vodka. That cleans out my system, and even cleans my teeth (I haven’t brushed in years, and haven’t had a cavity since).

I also eat a liverwurst sandwich pretty much every day – to counterbalance the effects the vodka has on my liver. I make my sandwiches on seeded rye (because it’s the healthiest bread), with mayo (because eggs are the best protein; I use kewpie, because the msg makes it taste better), coarse mustard (good for the white blood cells), zucchini pickles (because they taste good), and a bunch of baby spinach (just for filler; it could honestly be left out).

I also eat a lot of canned fish (mostly sardines, but also the occasional fancy smoked oysters) on saltines. They give you all your essential amino acids, and provide a nice opportunity to try out various hot sauces, which are generally very low in calories, while high in flavor and immensely prodigious to healthiness.

Aside from that, I drink large amounts of water (anywhere between ice-cold to slightly chilled) every day, always through a straw, and sometimes with a lemon wedge.

To each their own, I say, but I’m just shy of 30 and am doing better than most of you.

Attached: 1407127165944.jpg (396x423, 43K)

>lamb
>shark
>tuna
Lol rich people dont eat this shit

I like it when they force themselves to praise shit games.
youtube.com/watch?v=4Lks6E81EWE

/3/ is laughing about us

Attached: 1551404241620.png (719x555, 366K)

>n-nooo you must use raytracing to see reflections
>just buy my RTX cards or AMD will beat me

Do all drunks use this same script? You all say the same shit, and you all eat the most disgusting crap like deli-meats and pickled garbage.Just wondering.

Why are the shadows so fucking noisy on the right. Is the de-noiser that fucking bad?

RTX works with like 1 sample so yeah, it is noisy as fuck and the denoiser makes things even worse by creating that disgusting painting effect in dark areas that on top of the noise just eats details (compare the fucking MUDDY mess under the chair to the details on the left)

Attached: 123234275627.gif (400x412, 859K)

this is gold

Txaa and motion blur and depth of field

>Raytracing=high poly photorealistic models
Lmao
Quake and Minecraft got rtx and they look amazing

There's a reason "pickled" is a colloquialism for "drunk" here

I would, but I already have a 1060.
I'll check in again in 2025.

I'm not sure what's happening but I want to reply too to fit in.

Because carpets have texture

It would never work, too high latency. There's a reason why the RT cores basically parasite off the shaders. Unlike physics it needs to happen in the same frame as the frame being raytraced

we still do

Attached: areyouretarded.gif (600x291, 1.57M)

My point is that Remedy should start fixing their models and props before trying to do Ray-tracing (and failing lamentably)

alcohol is an F tier drug for absolute retards
>high addiction factor
>high health risks
>low euphoria
>low productivity
>hangovers
>generally unpleasant high
>often causes violence and paranoia
it's like someone took all the downsides of other drugs and stripped away the fun

What is being rendered here? Source on pic

i see no difference?

Attached: 1564244347394.webm (484x640, 2.9M)

Attached: 1449260153752.jpg (413x449, 50K)

>shark

but you forgot
>allows you to forget

Attached: 1565507336333.jpg (320x245, 23K)

So glad nvidia blew it on marketing their hardware-locked raytracing so cryengine and unity(or unreal or whoever the other big company was) would release their hardware-agnostic ray-tracing. Ray tracing is ACTUALLY important in realtime 3d graphics REGARDLESS of what dumbass freetard linux NEETS on 20 year old thinkpads say. BUT also retards who think nvidia pushing unoptimized raytracing that calculates the fucking UNIVERSE at the cost of HALF YOUR FPS is in any way the correct way of doing it can die in a fire.
FUCKING RETARDS
U
C
K
I
N
G

RETARDS
E
T
A
R
D
SUCK A DICK

Attached: 1565467481024.jpg (483x569, 53K)

>cryengine and unity(or unreal or whoever the other big company was)
It was Crytek using voxel based conetracing. A technique Nvidia literally invented and published about 8 years ago. And retards like you go on like Nvidia isn't the only innovator in the GPU market while everyone else is a distant follower