/spg/ - Smartphone General

Camo Case Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Samsung_Galaxy_S10__Pathfinder_BLC-00_STD_PT01.3817_900x.png (900x900, 178K)

Who else waiting for the Pixel 4 XL?

Best android phone for 300€? Headphone jack is required for my setup though.
Is poco f1 still worth it for this category?

where my iPhone SE boys at??

How does Samsung Galaxy A50 sound?

Isn't the A50s coming soon?

>Samsung Galaxy A50
Doesn't samsung only support non-flagships for like 2 months?

No one. The s11+ looks more exciting.

My mom's J7 Prime is still getting updates, it's almost three years old.

how is the modding scene? is samsung still being jews about it?

Yes.

Any Anons here use a Cat S60 before? Is it worth it?

If it still has a notch it most certainly does not

well no samsung for me then

No idea about that but it'll have new cameras, bigger sensors than the Mate 30 Pro ones. Plus 25-45w charging on all models, and some new RAM that'll help Exyshit cope with SD phones. I'll probably get OnePlus though, especially if they make the stupid curves on the display less severe.

Mi9t

if youre looking for modding why would you think that samsung is good for that? is apple good in the modding scene?...

which part implies that i thought samsung is good for modding? i asked if they are still anal about it, thats it.

There's no company that started out anal and suddenly became very open to modding.

This. Price might be insane though.

I am kinda but really want don't want to pay a premium if the face unlock isn't on point, going to wait for reviews

What is a good consistent Android icon pack that has icons for every app imaginable? I like Compacticons but it lacks a lot of icons for apps that I use and doesn't have many generic ones to compensate.

Attached: 1567203082575.jpg (685x1165, 70K)

What's a good phone that
>has the ability to use external monitors over usb-c
>isn't so big/poorly constructed that a 5'7" 140 lb manlet is likely to break the thing by crouching or crawling or carrying large heavy objects (partially supported by his waist) while the phone is in his front pockets
>can be rooted
>has a really good camera

Shit, forgot to mention I'm in the US.

Pretty much anything by DrumDestroyer Themes

OnePlus 7 Pro in a decent case. Only issue might be the size for a manlet of your size.

Thanks based Amazon worker who lurks this thread for finally shipping my phone

Attached: 2j75pc.jpg (640x691, 36K)

Are you avatar fagging? That's against the rules, isn't it?

No, it's the second time I have posted this picture in dozens of posts please kill yourself .

Attached: 3478ccf0-86c6-4298-ad42-b94c63f1720d-compressed.jpg (1080x1080, 39K)

i am not a notch person and none of my devices have one and i just wanted to see if there are people that defend it's existence, what are the benefits if any?

It allows for maximum screen real estate without bezel, motorized camera or pinch hole.

>motorized camera
this is the only one I would use. if I would want a bezeless phone.
>pinch hole
Imagine having a fucking hole in one phone screen Jesus fuck. I'd rather have a notch and that I hate notches.

Yeah, no. Hello, avatarfag.

Not the same picture, was situational, please pace yourself newfag

Pixel 4 xl, OnePlus 7T Pro etc...are both releasing in the next month or two. Aside from Librem 5 and Pinephone , those are the only two I think that may be worth it

Prices drop hard in a few months anyway, I can get the s10+ for $700, I expect something similar to happen with the S11 phones.

>no fingerprint sensor on the Pixlel
dropped

My Oneplus X has a battery life of like 3 hours now after 3,5 years of usage. Looking for a similar midrange phone, range would be 250-400 euros.
Thinking about the Pocophone F1, is it a good idea still?

Mi 9T and Redmi k20pro Question:
To those of you that are up to date on the pajeet modding scene, which of these models is getting or is more likely to get custom rom support from the usual sources?
Mi 9T? Or the K20pro?

I understand that that is the problem, if you give a shit about custom anything, between say the redmi note 7 and the pro, where the pro, being the more popular model for the usual tinkerers, have more options if you want to go down the custom path.

I've got a xiaomi tablet. I can handle miui to an extent, but some shit pisses me off and I don't know whether or not I'd want to tolerate it for a device that isn't purely used for media consumption.
Hence my worry about potential future options.

get the k20pro

Pixel 3

Attached: Screenshot_20190830-233453.png (1080x2160, 135K)

What do you think of the Sony XZ2 compact? I want something with a headphone jack and my p20pro is slightly too large for my taste.

look up your provider and compare supported bands. mi9t seems the way to go in terms of coverage. i live in western canada/us region and haven't noticed any connectivity issues and my 4g works just fine. i was in the mountains too yesterday no problem while my coworker's iphone was just a paper weight

My Pixel 3 got stolen, so me, although I'm planning to get the Pixel 4 non XL. I've enjoyed using call screen a lot on the 3, and I'm interested in seeing how the motion gestures play out.

If you like small phones, Sony's compact phones are great. I have the X Compact and it's still working quite well even though it's a few years old now (gps seems spotty now though, everything else still fine).

Need a phone with a bigass battery that'll get me through more than a whole day. I'll only take Chinkphones or Android.

Attached: 1560220469405m.jpg (1024x768, 61K)

zenfone 6, 5000 mAh

>asus
>ever

Nah

The a70 lasts 2-3 days depending on your use.

OnePlus 7t Pro isn't enough of an upgrade over the normal 7 pro to even consider. I'd recommend just taking advantage of the inevitable price drop of the 7 pro with the release of the 7t pro. Literally the only changes, as of right now, are that it'll have a SD855+ instead of normal SD855 and 4,085mAh battery over the 7 pro's 4,000mAh battery. The external design is identical. So if 85mAh extra battery and a negligible bump in the SoC really matters, sure... Get the 7T Pro. Otherwise, get the 7Pro on discount and enjoy the exact same damn phone. What the fuck, OnePlus? Just when I finally start to like your phones, you go full retard.

XZ2 Compact doesn't have a headphone jack

Is there any reason not to get the Galaxy S10e? From my Galaxy S6 I can only list pluses
>Headphone jack
>Same size as S6 but better in everyway
>Does everything I use my S6 for
>Can play pokemon masters
The only thing that is bothering me is if a german version will take a 3 SIM card (British carrier), if not I could just get a german one
Also the hole punch is basically non existent unlike the new note

Attached: S10e_Blue_HERO.jpg (361x420, 73K)

Right, i'm retarded

Moto G7 Plus for 250€ or a Mi 9T for 340€?

I'll sell you my S10e for $400

In great condition minus the screen protector which is cracked in the top right corner. Of course you can always replace it with a new one.

The A70 sounds really amazing I just wish it had some water resistance. I like taking my phone in the shower.

Mmmmmmi9t

Found one for 320 and damn I like the glacier blue one.
Gonna grab this one, cheers

probably gonna get an S10e then if I see a deal.

Already asked this in /sqt/ but it also fits here
There shouldn't be a security issue if I connect my smartphone with an open-wifi drone and only use the designated camera app right? Even if it's chinkware.

>buy OnePlus 7 pro
>Fingerprint reader never worked right
>Phantom touches even with the latest update
>Can't hear phone calls over the horrible static
>SIM card stopped recognizing just a few hours ago
Never fall for the chink meme

Attached: c6d.jpg (374x363, 44K)

You probably just got a faulty model. Did you return it for repairs or get a new one?

Anyone know how to actually get coupons in the mi store? I click on it and don't get shit.

Attached: chinkstore.jpg (237x352, 29K)

Doing so right now. All the problems but the Sim card I had since day 1. I've just been holding off for as long as possible since a later manufacturing date usually means minor manufacturing revisions that fixes issues

Planning on getting the Pixel 4. Should I get it at launch or wait until Black Friday?

Looking for a phone that's good for reading ebooks and not much else. I don't care about specs, jack, etc, but sd card slot would be nice.

In a previous thread, an user mentioned Xiamoi Mi Max 3, which looks promising. I haven't had a Xiaomi before, but I've heard it has ads. How annoying is that in practice?

I've also found a good deal on Xperia Xa2 Ultra, anyone have experience with that? Reviews online look generally positive, bezels are a bit fat but I'd rather have bezels than notch.

Is there any difference in performance between 6 and 8 GBS with the Galaxy A70?

kindle paperwhite

Never falling for the chink meme again. My Redmi Note 4x had audio recording issues, and the screen shat itself within a year. Now the Mi A2 I got to replace it cannot charge anymore not to mention I got one that had a bad screen from the start. I tried to claim the warranty but the Chink said they do not cover the charging port issues, and that repairs would cost $75.

I got a Galaxy A20 as a temporary replacement for ~$120 until next month when I can finally get a real phone. I wanted to save money yet ended up buying 3 phones in 2 years.

Attached: Screenshot_20190901-074225_One UI Home.jpg (720x1560, 403K)

How is it faring? I'm thinking of buying an A10 for my mother.

You should buy Realme 5 instead. Best cameras in budget.

Isn't that like an India exclusive?

I already have a Kindle, but I'm looking for more of an all-in-one device since reading on my phone is so convenient.

Why is Pixel QC so shit? Why is google support in general so shit?

>user error

There's reasons if you're getting the exynos shitty version compared with the snapdragon stillshitbutnotasshit version.
Exynos s10e has:
>worse battery compared with snap
>slower
>shittier camera
>gets hotter quicker
If you can stand buying a gimped model with a SOT of 4 to 5 hrs or so then go ahead.

So do people really buy $1000 phones because that seems fucking crazy to me. I'm not poor, just frugal.

Nope. There are stalls in SEA regions like Singapore and Malaysia. They're bringing it to where they have Oppo and Vivo stalls since they are of the same group. It's OnePlus budget range like Redmi is to Xiaomi.

not me

Attached: pcp.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

I've been using a moto g7 power as a daily driver and it's good enough for day to day use and the battery lasts for a couple of days. $200, unlocked, 5000mah battery.

Then get the kindle tablet. But since you already have a kindle, why not use that? It's vastly superior to reading on your phone either way.

Seems so. It's not my money nor do I care enough of the people that do.

> There are stalls in SEA regions
Who the fuck cares if you cant get it in Europe or USA.

is there any good flip smartphone?

my rn4x is still running buddy. copped it on release. it's my backup phone to my galaxy note 9 tho

some people do but it doesn't matter. get whatever fits your usage level. i'm not sure what flagships really offer besides gaming performance (why tf would someone game on android) and camera picture quality (most low light performance is still a meme though, except huawei which has shit video recording).

Just get a galaxy nexus snothing

Dead

The camera's kind of a moot point after a certain point considering gcam's been ported to a bunch of other phones now

Only phone with grsecurity. Use fugumod in 2012

>Buy a temporary phone to use while I decide on my proper phone
>Every basic function is fully Google integrated
>Disable it all
>have to download third party everything, down to the most simple apps

The screen although 720p isn't bad because it is AMOLED. This is probably the cheapest phone with an AMOLED screen. No chink OS to fuck with and Samshit One UI has some nice features like dark mode. Battery lasts as long as my original Redmi Note 4X. 8-10 h SoT. Don't buy the A10 it doesn't even have an IPS screen.

>buying another chink meme
>have to deal with cancer ColorOS
No thanks

Anyone bought demo/refurbished older flagships before?

any recommendations for a car phone holder?
My state is hands free with heavy fines.

It really depends on your car, your phone, and how you use both.

Iphone 6s, a chevy silverado. Mostly just need it held, no special features aside from an open bottom for the charge cable.

is there a FOSS music player on android that supports .ogg? Preferably on fdroid

What I mean to say is, it's unique to your situation and you've got to work it out for yourself.

What's the current flagship killer ?