Time to upgrade to WiFi 6 grandpa

Attached: 1558916256710.jpg (1024x697, 89K)

>400 Eurobux
>Minimal gains over wifi 5

Fuck off Asus sales rep.

when you look back on your life, how much of it do you want to not have had wifi 6?

My only device that supports Wifi Ax is my Samsung 10...

And even then I assume Ax has shit range so there no point in using it.

If it has to look like a 12 year old designed it, I don't want any part of my life to have wifi 6.

Weird looking spider

Literally sitting one wall away from my Wifi 5 router with my wifi 6 laptop.

Connection is down to like 500 kbit for file transfer and cuts off all the time.

>wifi

Attached: serveimage.png (115x143, 3K)

>Not using the cable.
>Wifi
>Safe

KEKLOL

>muh 1gbps ethernet virgin
>5gbps wifi 6 chad

>has 2x2 clients at best

My wifi can already do 650mbps. Why would i need to upgrade?

>he doesn't use sfp+
you'll never make it

Still slower than a standard wired connection

Spider

Attached: 1564293552082.jpg (3024x4032, 470K)

No shit retard

Living in the city has it perks
Just went from 200 Mbps to this

Attached: speed.png (771x323, 31K)

Go away

Attached: 1550109493100.png (664x606, 368K)

Nice. Fiber? I just upgraded my coax and get 950 down and 40 up. This docsis 3.1 shit is tight

>not using wifi cable

What the fuck is that, it looks like the Trayus Academy from KOTOR 2

it l-looks dead... k-kick it and m-make sure. if it attacks you, I'll go for help.

even 802.11ac has shit range so I still use 802.11n.

Does it fly?

>5Gbps half-duplex Wi-Fi virgin
>10Gbps full-duplex Ethernet chad

This
Most of my machines are wired. I only use wifi for my mobile devices, one laptop and one desktop I'm too lazy to run a wire too.

what the fuck is WiFi 6 lol

>wifi 6
this is better, but they shoved the retarded one down our throats for too long. never heard anyone use this terminology once.

MAKE WAY FOR THE CRABBO

Attached: 5670a60b7ff3f7dd73d56bf2c51e9c24.jpg (720x481, 39K)

I have 10gbe between all my servers and desktop. And a wifi6 access point. It's ok I guess

How? What wifi card/AP are you using? Intel 9260 here and cannot pass 550mbps

My samsung s8 and my macbook pro

>macbook pro
Wifi card model? is it some 3 band wifi card?

Idk its a 13 inch 2017 256gb i5 model

>Time to upgrade to WiFi 6 grandpa
"No"

Attached: WRT54GL.jpg (1100x697, 263K)

and why would I need Wifi 6?

Attached: .png (380x106, 11K)

it wont make my wired connection faster.

Ever since I discovered powerline networking I will never go back to the abomination known as WiFi.

i wish 900 mhz was more common. rarely do i ever need more than 50 mbps but i sure could use better range.

the fuck is wifi 6
i think 802.11ac is the latest i've heard of

point and laugh, children.
point and laugh.

wait until you try actual ethernet cables

802.11ac is now known as wifi 5 and 802.11ax is now known as wifi 6

by who? and why?

watching the occasional youtube video on my phone in bed is the highest bandwidth usage of wifi i have, so basically what said, i use 2.4GHz and 20MHz bandwidth to keep the range up, 50mbps is plenty for wifi
i have an ethernet switch for all the desktops and laptops

>Buying a post 2015 router that doesn't allow for 3rd party firmware.

fuck off

>3rd party firmware
get on with the times grandpa

>crashes constantly.
>doesn't support basic features.
>Costs $$$ for advanced features.

naw

>10gbe
>not fiber
ask how I know you're a dirty casual

he didn't specify copper or fibre
ask how i know you're a dirty casual

It is copper because I don't have anything long. It is actually surplus mellanox cards so I'm super casual

If it was fiber, he would have specified it in order to flex.

but i got a new one just rece--
>(Est.) release date: 23 April 2015
oh
i just went for the fastest one i could get for a reasonable price with OpenWRT support
needed something with a faster cpu to handle SQM with my new internet connection
even this one is struggling a bit at full speed though

these millennials are such fools

>by who?
A consortium of manufacturers.
>and why?
Easier marketing to retards.

Time to replace that 802.11ac miniPCIe with a 802.11ax one

I used to hangout at neighbors that I wasn't supposed to as a kid all the time. The trick was taking our old brick of 900mhz phone over in case mom called to make sure I was "home". Worked like a charm.

Turns out you can get 6LoWPAN mPCIe cards, I'm tempted to throw one in my laptop

I could only wish for those speeds. Living in rural BFE in the middle of the trees, this is what I get. I could pay more for their faster service, but this is good enough for me.

Attached: 60106398_616548985527314_5811858889209020416_n.jpg (908x324, 24K)

>Wi-Fi 6
What the hell are you talking about?

I use the 5year old asus RT-ac5300 along with ac88 wifi adapter cards in my desktop. Here's my speeds:

Attached: ATTwifi.2019.8.20.jpg (711x294, 26K)

How much are you guys paying for these speeds? I get 100mbps from Verizon for $45/m

it's going to become more rare, some of the legacy chipsets are no longer being produced.

that's not stopping me from setting up point to point links at 900mhz

>not covering up your IPs
Enjoy your pizzas

my time capsule has 2tb of storage and offers AC speeds of 1gbps possible. symmetrical 1gbit optical connection is most I can get here and why would I want more

802.11ax*

Why? The router I have right now does the business just fine as far as WiFi goes. I don't really need high speed WiFi for anything, its only purpose is to provide decent-level internet for shit like browsing on phones and tablets. Anything that actually needs fast access gets a cable.

>he would have specified it in order to flex
Flex about what? 10Gbps fiber is pretty cheap and very easy to get, SFP+ NICs are also cheap as fuck and I'm pretty sure you can even buy SFP+ switches for less than you'd pay for RJ45 copper gear. What is there to flex about? It's probably one of the most cost-effective ways to get a 10G network up and running and if you need cables longer than a few meters you're going to be using fiber since DACs don't get that long.

Attached: crabfi6.jpg (1024x624, 79K)

I buy used routers all the time at thrift stores for a dollar to five dollars. Gigabit port models. Lots of the 10/100 netgear shit boxes and the like out there though. It's easy to see if they support DD WRT or Tomato etc. Wireless AP's or bridges galore. No point in AC or newer trash really. 2.4Ghz is fine and if necessary you can switch to 5Ghz if needed since you have good coverage with cheap shit.

It's a retarded marketing name for 802.11ax

Brainlet here, when they say "1 gbps" how much actual file transfer speed can i expect when throwing a file from my laptop to my desktop over the wifi router?

The new naming scheme makes way more sense than the old one and is easier for normies to understand, retard

Are there actually decent powerline products now? I tried it a few years ago in multiple buildings with multiple adapters and it was unreliable /slow everytime

1 gigabit equals 125 megabytes per second. In a perfect scenario, so realistically probably a lot less

And when it says "dual band" you divide that by two again, right?

you have to be 18 to use Jow Forums

>Why?
to reduce airtime congestion for your neighbors

that's also raw rate, not including any overhead, of which there are many sources for wifi
even if your signal is strong and interference free, and you manage to actually get close to 1gbps through the air.. you still won't see that in your file transfer software
wired ethernet has much lower overhead, because there's far less that can go wrong, it's full-duplex, and you're not all sharing the same physical link

Attached: 2019-09-02-021725_771x954_scrot.png (771x954, 153K)

Why do you design your tech to look like a satanic artifact?

not worried about broadcasting easily available public/provider ISP. See what you can do with it new boy.

>not worried about incoming air strikes
never gonna make it

Enjoy.

>utp outlet on a fucking armstrong
not even mad, but impressed, even unpaid interns we had couple years ago were not that retarded

less than that
pic related, these are from an article which is a few years old now, but you can't magic away the problems with wifi (that is, what comes with the very fact it's wireless)
this is the best example with wifi, note that the rt-ac66u is advertised to support "up to 1.75Gbps"

Attached: a.png (1591x2170, 192K)

>He doesnt use enterprise grade hardware for your home
Disgusting

Attached: wifi.jpg (886x1181, 89K)

>cisco

enjoy your chink botnet

>Not having Firewall ACLs and DNS blocker

Interesting, can you post part 2 please?

>WiFi 6
I will never use this branding. No matter how far it spreads. It's fucking garbage.

It's gay. Fuck normies.

you suck

Why would you want fiber over twinax, or cat6? Performance is dictated by the standard, and the quality of the NICs, and drivers. Unless you are doing long runs that copper can't do fiber is objectively worse. It's more fragile, more expensive and more susceptible to dust.

Snibetti :-DDDDD

Attached: sbjbibberifx.jpg (1188x716, 54K)

>running stock firmware
cuck

Almost all macbooks have had 3 antennas and aggregation for the past 3 years or so now

But I have ethernet in every room? Lol.

When i get an actual office I'll keep everything there. Until then, powerline networking suits me fine.
It sure as hell beats the signal I was getting with my Wifi. I was getting about half the download I was paying for on a good day.

The alternative is, of course, to get a better router. So spend either $140 on a decent router, or $20 on a powerline kit. Wow golly gee, lemme fucking think about that one for a second.

Either way, I don't randomly hear fucking radio signals come through my headphones now, so that pretty much sold me from the get-go.

>powerline networking
enjoy cancer

That's barely half of my Internet connection speed and 1/20th the speed of my local network

i bet you can turn the antennas upside down and have a little wi-fi spider in your home.