Interview Stuff

Boss said I can manage someone next year. I can review resumes, interview them, make a choice. My first managerial role, I'm excited.

Job is for jr software engineer role, should know some SQL, should know some python, even better if they know scala, but under no circumstances will we ever hire Java developers. Their minds are already broken by OOP.

Remember kids, Java is bad. Just say no.

Also AMA

Attached: interview.png (1024x576, 49K)

What would make you consider an applicant without a cs degree?

i'm homeless

can I have a job? I don't know scala but I have a decent understanding of fullstack now

nice blog post paystubs

just to complete

python/bash 1 year
flutter/dart (just started, working on it rn)
Linux
AWS/GoogleServices

i'll work remotely and post daily updates. That way I don't need to shower and I can focus on homelessing shit till i'm rolling in money and can buy a new apartment every day of the week

>Linux
Kill yourself

I know how to install Windows 10 to a micro SD card. Please hire me.

>WOMAN INTERVIEWER
UR IN

THEY ARE SO EASY TO PLAY

JUST FUCK HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY

I know Debian, some mild personal experience with arch, and I've even written bash scripts to help complete features that were missing from a DE

so yeah, I know a bit about Linux. I've been using kali/parrot since I started programming

grab her by the pussy

>Their minds are already broken by OOP
elaborate

Ok faggot ill just continue making 200/hr with my java contract

If you don’t refer to it as gnu/Linux in professional contexts then give up faggot

FIRST ONE THEN THE OTHER

WOMEN ARE SO DUMB LMAO YOU CAN GET THEM TO DO ANYTHING WITH A BIT OF LEAD ON

Attached: 1529177042483.jpg (463x347, 21K)

good point user

but I'd like to interject for a moment. what you are referring to as gnu/Linux is, in fact, SystemD and Junkcode, or as I've come to calling it, SystemD plus Junk

Attached: publisher_throughput_1kb.max-1000x1000.png (1000x618, 74K)

Your boss made a huge mistake.

is it ok if I do all my work in powershell and have it remote ssh into your laptop to wget the request and i'll just echo every print and grep it to coalesce for my stand up

github projects

but I don't think HR would even give us applications without degrees listed in the resume.

apply online and find out

thanks

into the trash it goes

java programmers will write python like java, scala like java, rust like java, haskell like java

it's a disease

maybe

no

how does someone write haskell like java?

Java developers will find a way.

use numpy

Why would you eliminate candidates for knowing a language? Maybe if Java is their favorite, that's a red flag, but not just knowing it.
Any good programmer is able the use multiple different programing paradigms without much trouble.

Most applicants won't know shit and you better take a Java dev than garbage

>wont hire Java
Will you tell that to the companies hiring around me? C# too. No one wants to work with that shit.

I wouldn't hire someone who used Java for any recent amount of years, it's the mark of the code monkey who shits spaghetti into your repos.

there are few candidates. I'll be looking out for functional languages in resume skills lists. Lisp is the most powerful language.

So, what are you actually building there anyway?
You seem to have strong opinions on things, but In my experience, good programmers talk about what they like to do and work with, they don't waste any time hating on whatever they don't like. It would actually consider it a big red flag whenever someone did that in an interview.
So, what DO you like?

>Lisp is the most powerful language.
That language is as good as dead.
Who on earth hired you?